Approval on: Jan 13th
Email notification of approval: Jan 15th
Mail delivery: Jan 21st

Applied for TRV: Jan 21st
Request for passport: Jan 22nd
Passport sent to CIC: same day and arrive Jan 25th
Approval: Not yet
Waiting for mail delivery.

How did you contacted your local MP via email or you went to see him/her in person??

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
tonylee5425 said:
Hello jubear,

I am in similar situation with Creativenerd. I am waiting for the restoration. I am so anxious about Creativenerd's post.
Once, I contacted my MP but he was like CIC officer. I was very disappointed at his attitude. Can I meet a positive, sympathetic, and capable MP in the different area?
Let me know.
Hi All,
People in CIC are not human. First they refuse application for $100 dues and said"We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expires on 2015/05/14.You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status"
When I reapply, after 8 months of wait , they are giving this reason of rejection"] You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligible for restoration under Section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you"

Very disappointed. Webt to MP's office again but I don't think they will do anything. They just said we are trying and you have to wait till Friday. Last week they said same.
Please advice me what should I do now?
Should I leave Canada ???

sunflower49

Jan 26, 2016
Update my status:
Applied online: October 8.
Blank updated: Nov,Dec,Jan
Approval on: Jan 26th
Email notification of approval: Jan 27th
Good luck everyone!

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
sunflower49 said:
Update my status:
Applied online: October 8.
Blank updated: Nov,Dec,Jan
Approval on: Jan 26th
Good luck everyone, still waiting for the email confirmation.
Hi, congrats when in January did you receive update and was it the one that allow you to log in from the email

bhandariji

Mar 4, 2014
Finally Application status changed to "Approved"

Application/profile status -> Closed
Review of submitted documents -> No additional documents are needed at this time
Final decision -> This application has been approved

Update my Timeline:
Applied online: October 8, 2016.
Blank updated: Nov 8, Nov 26 ,Dec 8, Jan 8
Checked Approval on: Jan 27th
Total Days : 110-111
Still waiting for the email confirmation tho
Thanks Everyone for help.
I hope everyone get their permit soon.
8) 8)

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Hello Guys,

Anyone of you is having delays with the TRV i sent my i got the passport request last Wednesday i send it con Thursday and i still waiting,

:'( :'(

sunflower49

Jan 26, 2016
jahrule said:
Hi, congrats when in January did you receive update and was it the one that allow you to log in from the email
Thanks! No, just the normal blank email(no update) without login information.

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
guillecr said:
Hello Guys,

Anyone of you is having delays with the TRV i sent my i got the passport request last Wednesday i send it con Thursday and i still waiting,

:'( :'(
it normally takes about 5 business days to get it stamped.
mine i sent it on a monday and got to ottawa on a tuesday. they sent it back exactly a week after on a tuesday. and i got it two days later

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2016-01-07

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Processing Times

The processing times for applications processed inside Canada, as well as statistical information on applications processed outside Canada, are available on our website.

For more information on the Canadian visa offices’ processing times, please contact the visa office directly.

The information provided on the website is an approximation of the current processing times. The time frame to process each application can differ and some applications may take longer to process than others; there is no maximum time frame to finalize an application. If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

If you sent the application by traceable means (Xpress post, courier, registered mail) and you would like to verify when it was received at the office, please contact the postal service provider.

60-leaf.jpg60-leaf.jpg60-leaf.jpg

Implied status - Temporary resident

If you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (TR) until a decision is made on the application. That is known as an implied status as a TR.

If you apply for renewal of your work or study permit and your permit expires before a decision is made, you have the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions until a decision is made on the application as long as you remain in Canada.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

As a TR, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved*. This applies to you, among other things, if:
you are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
you hold a valid multiple-entry visa or you have travelled only to the United States** and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon and return to Canada before your status as a visitor, student or worker expires; and
the officer at the port of entry is satisfied that you have sufficient means of support,
As a worker or student, if the officer determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
If you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
For more information on implied status, please consult our website.

*You will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit.
**Including its Territories and Possessions.

Transition - Studying and working off-campus to post-graduation work permit

A student can apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if they meet all of the requirements of the PGWP program.

While awaiting a decision to be made, they can continue to work and hold a full-time position if, at the time they submit their PGWP application:

They held a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit, or
They held a valid study permit and were eligible to work off-campus without a work permit.
Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application.

Conditions or remarks required on study permit to obtain a SIN

In order to obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada, one of the following conditions or remarks must be printed on your study permit (SP):

May accept employment on the campus of the institution at which registered in full-time studies.
May work 20 hrs per week off-campus or full-time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in section 186(v) of IRPR.
May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.
If none of these conditions/remarks appear on your SP, you must apply for a Request to Amend the Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents.

To find out if you are eligible to work on campus or off campus, or for more information on student work programs, please visit our website.

Re-entry to Canada as a Temporary Resident - Required documents

To return to Canada, you must have a valid passport or travel document*. You also need to have a valid study or work permit if you are returning to study or work in Canada. If you are from a country whose citizens need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to travel to Canada, you will also need a valid TRV to return, unless:

You are returning to Canada after a visit only to the United States** or St-Pierre and Miquelon ; and
You return before your status as a visitor, student or worker expires or any extension to it.
Please note that we cannot guarantee your re-entry to Canada. An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

* Citizens of the United States do not need passports or travel documents to enter or return to Canada. Permanent residents of the United States do not need passports or travel documents if they are entering or returning to Canada from the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon only. Both must provide documentary proof of citizenship or permanent residence such as a national identity card or an alien registration card.

** Including its Territories and Possessions.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

stefanxn

Jan 28, 2016
Hi Guys,

Here is my situation. Applied PGWP on Sep 9th, no updates till the beginning of Jan. 2016. Then I sent an email to CIC stating I had a job offer on hand and really needed to start working soon. And on Jan. 21st, I received an email from them saying my application has been approved.

Here is how they replied, "The application has been approved and is in queue to be printed. Please allow up to 6 weeks for your document to be delivered once it has been printed. "

OMG, up to 6 weeks. Anybody shared the situation with me? Haven't received my work permit till today (Jan. 28). Hopefully they are not just delaying the processing time :(

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
stefanxn said:
Hi Guys,

Here is my situation. Applied PGWP on Sep 9th, no updates till the beginning of Jan. 2016. Then I sent an email to CIC stating I had a job offer on hand and really needed to start working soon. And on Jan. 21st, I received an email from them saying my application has been approved.

Here is how they replied, "The application has been approved and is in queue to be printed. Please allow up to 6 weeks for your document to be delivered once it has been printed. "

OMG, up to 6 weeks. Anybody shared the situation with me? Haven't received my work permit till today (Jan. 28). Hopefully they are not just delaying the processing time :(
So before you e-mail them did you see anything in your My CIC account or got a email that it was approve and if you do not mind what is the email address you reach them at. I applied the 7th of September

stefanxn

Jan 28, 2016
jahrule said:
So before you e-mail them did you see anything in your My CIC account or got a email that it was approve and if you do not mind what is the email address you reach them at. I applied the 7th of September
Hi, I just got a couple of blank updates and nothing changes on my CIC account, and that's what make me confused. I contacted them using the online inquiry form which can be found on CIC.gc.ca - Help center.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
stefanxn said:
Hi, I just got a couple of blank updates and nothing changes on my CIC account, and that's what make me confused. I contacted them using the online inquiry form which can be found on CIC.gc.ca - Help center.
How long did it take them to respond to you

AbdulMajid

Jan 28, 2016
Hi,
i am new to this forum. I am applying for extension of my PGWP since it was issued to me until the expiry date of my passport. my visa and first study permit expired in January 2015 hence i had a new study permit to stay until i finish rest of my degree. now i have this permit expiring in april 2016

i have browsed through the forum and came to know that i have to apply paper based and for that, i have to apply with the same requirements as i had while applying for the first one. and in addition to that, form IMM5556E,
should i include these:

imm5710E
imm5556E
letter of explanation
copy of passports and stamps (since i have a new passport, and all the stamps and visas are on previous one)
copy of transcript
copy of pgwp issued until passport expiry
fee receipt
photograph

scenerio: I have both my study permit and my pgwp valid until the same date. april 2016. when i applied for PGWP for the first time, i attached this study permit. but since my visa got expired in january 2015 along with my first study permit. and i used the second study permit to get current pgwp. some one told me that a new visa officer would be working on my profile hence i should put the last study permit as well along with PGWP.

any comments on that?

Thank you :) ;D ;D