+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
need to apply for extension of PGWP cuz i got the permit until the expiry date of my passport. i have new passport. and now that i have to apply again on paper. my permit states that i am eligible for 3 year pgwp but it is given to me until the expiry date of my passport.

i have some basic and silly questions but i want to make sure i do it write, some one please help me out about how to fill basics of form IMM5710. for instance, in the first page, which one do i have to choose:

1. I AM APPLYING FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
a work permit with the same employer
an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
restoration of your status as a worker
temporary resident permit

2. status (in my personal details)
worker?

2a) original purpose for coming to canada:
study?
2b)document number:

3. details of work in Canada:
CO-OP WORK PERMIT
EXCEPTION FROM LABOR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT
LMIA STREAM
LIVE-IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM
open work permit
other
POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT

also about IMM5556 form, what selections do i have to make.

Regards

lt12345

Nov 14, 2015
Hey guys, CIC website says it takes 8 days to process TRV and I was just wondering if there are several people who have applied for their TRV in January and have already received it? I need to have my passport on Feb 22 (Identification for a job I'm going to be starting) so just trying to decide if I should apply for my TRV now, or if I would be better off waiting and applying after that, in case this turns out to be another lengthy process. Thanks!

Here's my PGWP timeline:

Applied online: September 26th
Blank updates: Sept 27th, Nov 14th
Approval: January 12th
Mail Delivery: January 19th

ru554611

Dec 23, 2015
Applied online: October 5th
Blank updates: Jan 21st
Approval: January 21st
E-mail notification: January 22nd
Mail Delivery: waiting

Well, if it's not some kind of mistake (I hope), than I'm lucky guy ;D
Even though, application status is still open...

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
lt12345 said:
Hey guys, CIC website says it takes 8 days to process TRV and I was just wondering if there are several people who have applied for their TRV in January and have already received it? I need to have my passport on Feb 22 (Identification for a job I'm going to be starting) so just trying to decide if I should apply for my TRV now, or if I would be better off waiting and applying after that, in case this turns out to be another lengthy process. Thanks!

Here's my PGWP timeline:

Applied online: September 26th
Blank updates: Sept 27th, Nov 14th
Approval: January 12th
Mail Delivery: January 19th
In my own experience it took way more than 8 days
I submitted my application on Dec 29 and got the PP request in Jan 11. sent it the same day and got it back yesterday Jan 21. So it took 24 days in total
i've seen people who get their PP request within 24 hours though, so i guess it depends on how lucky you are.

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
So its back to Aug28th 2015 with 139 days for online.

Paper is so much faster! On Oct 8th now.

Conventional wisdom would say that online applications should be faster. But no, CIC is far from conventional wisdom! This is torture.

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
jubear said:
Creativenerd and Other Members With Multiple Refusals,

Contact your MP or find an immigration lawyer as soon as possible.

To find your MP, please use the link below and your postal code (on the right of the screen) and then click on his/her name:

Current Members of Parliament
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

or here: http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Information about immigration lawyers:

Find those that specialize in WP, SP and visas. Secondly, know your stuff especially how to apply for a PGWP, documents and expectations/rules etc. Avoid going to any lawyer who has no idea what they are doing.

Learn about using a representative
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/representative/index.asp

Find out if your representative is authorized - by Province
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/verify-rep.asp

Choose a representative
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-choose.asp

ICCRC
https://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En

Cheers!
Hi Jubear,
Please check your inbox
Regards,

windyman

Jan 22, 2016
Share my experience of PGWP:
Submit application on: 2015-Sept-17
Almost receive one email from CIC every month with no update information
Today when I check the status, from the main page it shows "approved", and when I click the application page, it shows the application status is Closed, and the final decision is: Has been approved.
However, it is strange that I have not received any email from CIC said that there is a update in my application, moreover, there is still no new application messages from the application.
I am not sure if anyone else has the similar situation, does it mean it is really approved?

Diana Nguyen

Jan 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
windyman said:
Share my experience of PGWP:
Submit application on: 2015-Sept-17
Almost receive one email from CIC every month with no update information
Today when I check the status, from the main page it shows "approved", and when I click the application page, it shows the application status is Closed, and the final decision is: Has been approved.
However, it is strange that I have not received any email from CIC said that there is a update in my application, moreover, there is still no new application messages from the application.
I am not sure if anyone else has the similar situation, does it mean it is really approved?
Hi Windyman,

I just checked MyCIC account, got exactly same information like yours. What is coming up next?
Anybody experienced this case, pls let us know

Keep my fingers crossed!

windyman

Jan 22, 2016
Diana Nguyen said:
Hi Windyman,

I just checked MyCIC account, got exactly same information like yours. What is coming up next?
Anybody experienced this case, pls let us know

Keep my fingers crossed!
I think we'd better wait until CIC sending us a confirmation email.

Diana Nguyen

Jan 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
windyman said:
I think we'd better wait until CIC sending us a confirmation email.
Windyman,

I got CIC's message 30 minutes ago in my email but still no new message in MyCIC account

CIC might want to upgrade its IT system!

Hope the message will find way to its destination, where I have been desperately waiting for more than 4 months

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Diana Nguyen said:
Windyman,

I got CIC's message 30 minutes ago in my email but still no new message in MyCIC account

CIC might want to upgrade its IT system!

Hope the message will find way to its destination, where I have been desperately waiting for more than 4 months
the email normally comes the day after you see the status as approved.
if the status says approved... congratulations, your PGWP has been approved, go celebrate!

vicky0907wang

Dec 6, 2015
final update:

Applied online: August 31st.
Received monthly update: Sep 30th, Oct 31st, Nov 30th, Dec 31st
Blank updated: Nov 14th, Dec 14th, Jan 8th

Approved on: Jan 23rd

Waiting for mail delivery.

Good luck to everyone!!