+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

windyman

Jan 22, 2016
Diana Nguyen said:
Windyman,

I got CIC's message 30 minutes ago in my email but still no new message in MyCIC account

CIC might want to upgrade its IT system!

Hope the message will find way to its destination, where I have been desperately waiting for more than 4 months
I also get a email said my application has been updated last night, but still no new message in CIC online.
I am not sure if you need to apply a TRV to Canada, but I need. However, I found that there is not such choice that I can click in my CIC account to apply a TRV. I am not sure if this is due to the delay of the message, or it may come out when CIC finally confirm the approve....

Diana Nguyen

Jan 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
windyman said:
I also get a email said my application has been updated last night, but still no new message in CIC online.
I am not sure if you need to apply a TRV to Canada, but I need. However, I found that there is not such choice that I can click in my CIC account to apply a TRV. I am not sure if this is due to the delay of the message, or it may come out when CIC finally confirm the approve....
Windyman,

I got the confirmation letter in MyCIC account. So it comes a day after the status's change

Like you, I also have to apply for TRV. You can start working on your TRV application by going through list of questions after clicking on 1st Tab under headline "What would you like to do today"

My timeline of getting PGWP as follows

Online application submitted : 18 Sept, 2015
Auto updates every month: on 15th or 16th
CIC's Request for additional document: 8 Jan 1016
Document provided: 12 Jan 2016
Final decision: 22 Jan
Confirmation letter in My CIC account on 23 Jan
PGWP arrived: hopefully early next week

windyman

Jan 22, 2016
Diana Nguyen said:
Windyman,

I got the confirmation letter in MyCIC account. So it comes a day after the status's change

Like you, I also have to apply for TRV. You can start working on your TRV application by going through list of questions after clicking on 1st Tab under headline "What would you like to do today"

My timeline of getting PGWP as follows

Online application submitted : 18 Sept, 2015
Auto updates every month: on 15th or 16th
CIC's Request for additional document: 8 Jan 1016
Document provided: 12 Jan 2016
Final decision: 22 Jan
Confirmation letter in My CIC account on 23 Jan
PGWP arrived: hopefully early next week

I got it too! Actually, I found that you must delete those un-finished application, otherwise you may not receive updated messages on CIC!
By doing so, I can also apply TRV now!
Hope it would be helpful.

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
numair728 said:
Hi Jubear,
Please check your inbox
Regards,
Hi Jubear,
I went to my MP's office and talked with people who are working there. They collected my info and said to contact them on coming Tuesday if I will not hear anything by friday.
I also consulted immigration lawyer shabnum and she said only option now left is to apply on humanitarian and compassionate ground. I am so confuse now. Please help me what should I do?
She charges$1200 for this application.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys,

I applied for a Post Graduate Work Permit on May 16, 2015.
At the time, there was a technical error at the CIC wherein they charged me
only $155 instead of $255. On Dec 5, 2015, I get a message from the CIC
stating that please pay the balance $100 and upload the receipt on my online
application. I did so on the same day. On Dec 17, I get a message saying my
application has been refused because I did not pay the balance $100. My status
in Canada was also expired on that day and since then I am staying on the the 90 day grace
period.

On Dec 17, I spoke to the customer service and they and
agreed that it was a mistake at the CIC's end and that customer service could see that I had uploaded the $100 payment receipt on Dec 5 itself . They attached a note to myapplication explaining the entire situation and mistake on the CIC's end and told me to wait 3-4 weeks for resolution. Luckily when I started work my SIN and permit were active so no issues but this will be an issue going forward no doubt. Has anyone else faced this issue? Unbelievable that we get penalised for all of CIC's numerous technical mistakes.

edit: Seeing Creativenerd's post seems he is in a similar boat. Although in my case I had uploaded the correct receipt and had done it on time.

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
Because of CIC problems I wasted one year and half on my life, before starting school they were on strike and Ihad to start 4-5 months later, then now I applied for the PGWP and like you I m waiting all this time, it's just ridiculous

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creativenerd said:
Hi Jubear,
I went to my MP's office and talked with people who are working there. They collected my info and said to contact them on coming Tuesday if I will not hear anything by friday.
I also consulted immigration lawyer shabnum and she said only option now left is to apply on humanitarian and compassionate ground. I am so confuse now. Please help me what should I do?
She charges$1200 for this application.
Creativenerd,

Wait and see what your MP's office is willing to do. You will have to be persistent so that the MP's office take you seriously and for them to know that your situation needs real help. You have to show that you are disappointed in the system, the stress it has caused you, the job opportunities you've lost, etc. Whatever it takes. Use the creative nerd you have in you 8) and don't give up.

Cheers!

lt12345

Nov 14, 2015
ndrs11 said:
In my own experience it took way more than 8 days
I submitted my application on Dec 29 and got the PP request in Jan 11. sent it the same day and got it back yesterday Jan 21. So it took 24 days in total
i've seen people who get their PP request within 24 hours though, so i guess it depends on how lucky you are.
ok thanks!

tonylee5425

Aug 15, 2013
jubear said:
Creativenerd,

Wait and see what your MP's office is willing to do. You will have to be persistent so that the MP's office take you seriously and for them to know that your situation needs real help. You have to show that you are disappointed in the system, the stress it has caused you, the job opportunities you've lost, etc. Whatever it takes. Use the creative nerd you have in you 8) and don't give up.

Cheers!

Hello jubear,

I am in similar situation with Creativenerd. I am waiting for the restoration. I am so anxious about Creativenerd's post.
Once, I contacted my MP but he was like CIC officer. I was very disappointed at his attitude. Can I meet a positive, sympathetic, and capable MP in the different area?
Let me know.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonylee5425 said:
Hello jubear,

I am in similar situation with Creativenerd. I am waiting for the restoration. I am so anxious about Creativenerd's post.
Once, I contacted my MP but he was like CIC officer. I was very disappointed at his attitude. Can I meet a positive, sympathetic, and capable MP in the different area?
Let me know.
Tonylee5425,

Yes, you can. In addition to that, I've always mentioned that if you want real help you have to physically visit the MP's office and make your case. Sometimes MPs can help by phone but its never enough. Phone calls and emails are easy to ignore. I encourage applicants in such situations to leave their comfort zones and go meet up with people in the MP's office. Talk about your situation, show documents, plead for help until you get what you want. As a foreigner, you always have to remind yourself that you are fighting a battle to survive in Canada and you have to do whatever it takes to win it. You only win it once you've become a citizen.

To graduate and get a PGWP is the start of that battle. Therefore, do not give up now because there is a very long way to go. Lastly, do not wait on Creativenerd's situation. Make your own contingent plans on how to get a PGWP in case things go south.

As always, good luck and stay positive.

Cheers!

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello everyone, this is my updates:

Applied online: August 21st.
Blank updated: Nov 1st
Contact my local MP: Jan 13th
Approval on: Jan 13th
Email notification of approval: Jan 15th
Mail delivery: Jan 21st

Applied for TRV: Jan 21st
Request for passport: Jan 22nd
Passport sent to CIC: same day and arrive Jan 25th
Approval: Not yet
Waiting for mail delivery.

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
i applied on 16th sept
Today when I checked, the status on the main page shows "approved", but when I click on the application page, it shows the application status "open" and the final decision as "not started"
i havnt received any emails or messages as well.

:-X :-X :-X
this is so confusing.

did any body else have a similar experience??

ru554611

Dec 23, 2015
shruti88 said:
i applied on 16th sept
Today when I checked, the status on the main page shows "approved", but when I click on the application page, it shows the application status "open" and the final decision as "not started"
i havnt received any emails or messages as well.

:-X :-X :-X
this is so confusing.

did any body else have a similar experience??
I had and few others (p 218-219).
No worries, you will get email soon)

tameem92

Dec 18, 2015
Hey Guys,

Finally got email approval for PGWP. Here is my timeline.

Applied: May 25th
Blank updates: many in september
Called call-centre: Nov, Dev, Jan (They said it was approved but they don't know why it hasn't been printed)
Emailed MP: Jan 20th (Super helpful, i was surprised)
Email approval: Jan 21st
Mail: Waiting.

I hope everyone waiting gets their documents soon!

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
ru554611 said:
Applied online: October 5th
Blank updates: Jan 21st
Approval: January 21st
E-mail notification: January 22nd
Mail Delivery: waiting

Well, if it's not some kind of mistake (I hope), than I'm lucky guy ;D
Even though, application status is still open...
Applied on the same day with wife's extension no update on both the application no email and no change in CIC account