+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concerned imm said:
I applied for PGWP on June 26, after waiting for 6 months i received a refusal letter. here are the reason for the refusal

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
[X] After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose
employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for
Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As
you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies,
you are not eligible for a work permit in this category
Concerned IMM,

Sorry to hear that your application was refused. To avoid that situation in future, please see my response to Maria112233 on page 185 of this forum.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

flowerhorn

Nov 26, 2015
My Timeline

Applied August 18th .... frankly in grey area of the 90 day limit
Blank Update October 30th
Approval December 15th
Letter of Approval December 17th
Mail delivery pending

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hi guys. Please need your advise!
My current PGWP was issued till February 2016, up until my old passport expiration date. I have recently renewed my passport. Also, I applied for extension online, one month ago. I do understand that processing time is about 4 months now (120 as per cic website) or even more, based what I've read here.

Here is my situation, I'll have to go on business trip outside of Canada for 1 months in February, and I'm afraid that my work permit extension won't be ready by that time and I won't be able to enter Canada upon my arrival, since my visa is also valid till February 2016, and I cannot renew it without new work permit.
Do I have any chances to do a flagpole at this moment? Or once my application has been submitted, I then just need to wait till the decision has been made?

may2015

Nov 22, 2015
Applied: May 25th (paid full amount)
Approved: November 27th
Mail Delivery: December 4th (189 days)

Applied for TRV: December 5th
Request for Passport: December 9th (sent Passport immediately)
Passport Arrived: December 10th
Approved: December 15th
Passport shipped: December 16th
Passport arrival: December 17th

Thank you for everyone who contributed to this forum! It comforted me so much when I needed the most. Good luck everyone!

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Seems like I have to experience a long wait again for TRV :D

I applied for TRV on 6th Dec, but still didn't get PP request ??? ( I also got 3rd blank update on 13th Dec, which I believe no other applicant got- 2 blank updates are common I guess)

Is there anyone in the same boat?

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
jubear said:
Absolutely. As long as you are still in status (with a PGWP). Caution; do not wait until next year. Now is the time.
Cheers!
Hi Jubear,
I am going back to my country for 1 month. I post here before for my PGWP extention. I have valid permit till May 2016 as well as TRV. Can I flagpole at the airport when I return back from my country. Need your suggestion before applying for paper application.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concerned imm said:
Thanks a lot Jubear. I realized i submitted a wrong document. apart from applying to restore my status what other options do i have?
Concerned IMM,

If you were specifically asked to restore, please do so within 90 days. In other words your only option is to simultaneously apply for;
1) Restoration of status and
2) PGWP

Christmas is coming soon. The earlier you apply before then, the better. We don't know what the future holds come 2016!!

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salmaniut said:
Hi Jubear,
I am going back to my country for 1 month. I post here before for my PGWP extention. I have valid permit till May 2016 as well as TRV. Can I flagpole at the airport when I return back from my country. Need your suggestion before applying for paper application.
Salmanuit,

An airport is also a POE. I don't see why you can't apply on your return.

Cheers!

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
Just fyi,
Applied: May 13th
Approved on: Nov 9th
Mail delivery: still waiting (219 days)

Called them today and told them that Monday 21st will be six that my work permit is granted and they said i still need to wait for Monday to ask for a re-print. He can put the request for a re-print in the system yet because it's not 6 weeks yet and I can still receive the work permit from Canada post during the weekend.

concerned imm

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks again Jubear. i have given it a long thought though, i just want to leave Canada and i don't have any money can the government help :'(

tameem92

Dec 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Here is my current situation and any advice will be welcome.

Applied on: May 25th
Empty Updates: atleast 6

Since then the application status still says that its open and there has been no update. I called cic centre two weeks ago and they told me the application was approved and sent a message to the centre for update. I called them again today and she said that she has no idea whats going on. That my application was approved a while ago and they still haven't mailed it out. She said there isn't much she can do and i should write a letter to the Office in Ottawa and ask them to print and mail it again.

Any help is appreciated? Who should i email or send letters to?

Thanks!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concerned imm said:
Thanks again Jubear. i have given it a long thought though, i just want to leave Canada and i don't have any money can the government help :'(
Concerned IMM,

I suggest you seek help from your Member of Parliament. Don't ever give up on you and your dreams just like that.

Cheers!

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
tameem92 said:
Hello Everyone,

Here is my current situation and any advice will be welcome.

Applied on: May 25th
Empty Updates: atleast 6

Since then the application status still says that its open and there has been no update. I called cic centre two weeks ago and they told me the application was approved and sent a message to the centre for update. I called them again today and she said that she has no idea whats going on. That my application was approved a while ago and they still haven't mailed it out. She said there isn't much she can do and i should write a letter to the Office in Ottawa and ask them to print and mail it again.

Any help is appreciated? Who should i email or send letters to?

Thanks!
Hi tameem92

My application was approved on 1st November, but it was not printed/mailed until the 26th November (mail arrived on 2nd December). So all-in-all, the printing process took almost a month!