+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
:eek: Words can't describe exactly how I feel now! Last night I just felt I should login to my cic account to see what's going on. I logged in and saw it says updated but I didn't receive any email. Then I thought to myself maybe I was just tired and need to sleep to stop all these hallucinations then I went to sleep. This morning I checked again and once again it said updated! All these times there was nothing really there. Then I went back to the previous page and saw this time it said approved! Awesome! Now I have to continue with the next step and hope at least one of the jobs applied for will give me the offer.

Here's my timeline
Applied on online : 1st september 2015
Blank update: 7 november (7th or 6th not sure, I got the email early in the morning on the 7th), 17th and 18th december (might have been hallucinating on the 17th)
Approval : 18th december ? (108 days) ?

lol, still refreshing the page to be sure but it's still the same and i'm not feeling sleepy now. Thanks everyone that posted something and also the ghost stalkers!

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
jubear said:
Absolutely. As long as you are still in status (with a PGWP). Caution; do not wait until next year. Now is the time.
Cheers!
Hey Jubair thanks for reply. I will go tomorrow, let see how it turns out. Is it a good idea to go there on Saturday?

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
concerned imm said:
I applied for PGWP on June 26, after waiting for 6 months i received a refusal letter. here are the reason for the refusal

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
[X] After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose
employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for
Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As
you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies,
you are not eligible for a work permit in this category
Hi, Why did the CIC say 'After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose
employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for
Canadian citizens or permanent residents". Did you work Full-Time during regular academic sessions by any chance?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaider said:
Hey Jubair thanks for reply. I will go tomorrow, let see how it turns out. Is it a good idea to go there on Saturday?

Zhaider,

POEs are open 24/7, Monday to Sunday. Best times are usually between 6:00am - 9:30am. This is partly because, CBSA Officers are in a good mood between those times and its not busy yet in the customs office. Use this CBSA directory: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/menu-eng.html and Google to accurately pinpoint at the CBSA Office that you would like to go to.

Believe me, its a fun experience going to a POE. So enjoy it.

Cheers!

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
jubear said:

Zhaider,

POEs are open 24/7, Monday to Sunday. Best times are usually between 6:00am - 9:30am. This is partly because, CBSA Officers are in a good mood between those times and its not busy yet in the customs office. Use this CBSA directory: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/menu-eng.html and Google to accurately pinpoint at the CBSA Office that you would like to go to.

Believe me, its a fun experience going to a POE. So enjoy it.

Cheers!

Than you thats really helpful. Will let you know how it all goes.

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
tameem92 said:
Hello Everyone,

Here is my current situation and any advice will be welcome.

Applied on: May 25th
Empty Updates: atleast 6

Since then the application status still says that its open and there has been no update. I called cic centre two weeks ago and they told me the application was approved and sent a message to the centre for update. I called them again today and she said that she has no idea whats going on. That my application was approved a while ago and they still haven't mailed it out. She said there isn't much she can do and i should write a letter to the Office in Ottawa and ask them to print and mail it again.

Any help is appreciated? Who should i email or send letters to?

Thanks!
I am in the same your situation, I applied on 26th May and I was told that my application is approved but they don't know when it was approved and are unable to find it out... all I have to do it's just wait (a year? ..nobody knows ).
All I know is that every month I wast time and I have to find at least 12000$ to support the minimum expenses which is a pain in the ass and

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Thanku all of u to share ur experiences.i amhopeful that everyone get their permit soon.
Applied oct 2
Nothing yet except 2 updates

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here is my timeline:

PGWP:
Applied: July 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month
Approval: Nov 16th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 23rd, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: 2 blank updates on Nov 26 and 27.
Request for Passport: Dec 4 (sent my passport in the same day to Ottawa)
Approval: Dec 15
Mail Delivery: Dec 17

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Hi All,i thank all those who have given me the necessary encouragement in my attempt to restore my status.Jubear especially has been there for me at all times.I am attempt to apply for three things but am stuck with the restoration of the SP especially the section on DETAILS OF INTENDED STUDY.For a graduate how can you answer the questions on duration of study,the cost of studies and funds available for stay without misrepresentation of facts?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kennykay said:
Hi All,i thank all those who have given me the necessary encouragement in my attempt to restore my status.Jubear especially has been there for me at all times.I am attempt to apply for three things but am stuck with the restoration of the SP especially the section on DETAILS OF INTENDED STUDY.For a graduate how can you answer the questions on duration of study,the cost of studies and funds available for stay without misrepresentation of facts?
KennyKay,

That is exactly why the Letter of Explanation comes into play. CIC has no official way for reapplying for PGWP applicants who lost both implied status and student status. If you still want to include the student form, then you might want to use "Not Applicable" for some of those sections if the form allows you. However, its really up to you to make sure that you provide the right documents, that you don't complicate your situation, or create confusion, nor delay the processing of your application.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concerned imm said:
KennyKay, can you help me with the restoration application procedure. My application got refused because of a missing document.
Concerned IMM,

What is your current status in Canada? CIC usually indicates that you have either lost status or you are still in status and they quote the date. The refusal letter that you posted was incomplete.

Cheers!

concerned imm

Nov 21, 2015
jubear said:
Concerned IMM,

What is your current status in Canada? CIC usually indicates that you have either lost status or you are still in status and they quote the date. The refusal letter that you posted was incomplete.

Cheers!

I have lost my status, the complete letter reads as follows:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
[X] After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose
Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As
you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies,
you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.
[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on 2015/12/17.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident
status, you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s) in the amount of
$455.00. Payments should be made online at..... When you are finished, you
must print the receipt of payment and include it with your application.
 all required documents in support of your application.
Please consult the section “Restoration of status” in the application guide: “Applying to
change conditions or extend your stay in Canada”. Restoration applies to each member
who has lost his or her status. Please note that there is no guarantee your application will be
accepted.
Should you choose not to apply for restoration of your status, you will remain a person
without legal Temporary Resident Status and as such will be required to leave Canada
immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken
against you.