+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Jfk20101

Oct 8, 2013
i am 28th August paper based extending my PGWP and am still waiting for my work permit so brother we are all in the same boat dont worry.

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
I am like a sailor on a stormy sea...

I am a May applicant and still they can not tell me when I was approved.
Talking to a member of parliament he says to don't call them often, (maybe we bother them? where I should get my informations ?) :/ .. I would call this power abuse

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
Has anyone dealt with submitting extra documents (online) that were requested by CIC for a PGWP application?

CIC has recently requested me to submit an additional document online. I did it, but I am bit worried that the status of that additional upload says "Uploaded - not submitted to CIC" (I can see the status under "View Submitted Application" button). Does anyone know if that's a normal thing or should I be worried? Has anyone else successfully submitted extra documents, and what status do they have on your online CIC profile? Thank you.

P.S. The deadline to submit documents has not been reached yet, so I am not sure if that has an effect or not. Like, would it change to "submitted to CIC" after the deadline? Has anyone seen this?

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Thanks guys for your replies. I am sure our applications will get approved soon. I hope you guys find the time to deck the halls. Happy holidays :))

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hi guys! A month ago I applied to extend my PGWP due to it was issued up until my old passport expiration date, also my TRV was issued for the same period of time.
I will have to leave Canada in a couple of months, and I'm afraid that my work permit won't be ready by that time. Can I apply for my TRV extension without new extended PGWP, but with a letter from CIC confirming that they've received my application?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
travellerr said:
Has anyone dealt with submitting extra documents (online) that were requested by CIC for a PGWP application?

CIC has recently requested me to submit an additional document online. I did it, but I am bit worried that the status of that additional upload says "Uploaded - not submitted to CIC" (I can see the status under "View Submitted Application" button). Does anyone know if that's a normal thing or should I be worried? Has anyone else successfully submitted extra documents, and what status do they have on your online CIC profile? Thank you.

P.S. The deadline to submit documents has not been reached yet, so I am not sure if that has an effect or not. Like, would it change to "submitted to CIC" after the deadline? Has anyone seen this?
Travellerr,

Yes you should be worried if you don't submit your uploaded document. Uploading and submitting are two different things. Take for example, when you open your personal email account and type a message and then add an attachment. Now at that point in time it is not any different from uploading a document on your MyCIC account application.

Lets go back to your email for a second. You know that your professor or maybe prospective employer has to receive that attached document. How will he/she receive it unless you click send? In the same token how will CIC receive the requested document unless you click submit?

Therefore, make sure you find the Submit button and click on it to send the requested document to CIC. If not, then after your deadline you will automatically be refused and you will have to go through restoration and the whole process all over again.

Cheers!

sarah92

Oct 22, 2015
Applied for Pgwp extension paper based application on July 20 got approval on 14 Dec received in mail yesterday

Oct 4, 2015
Just share my time line.
Applied online: 27th May
Sent an inquiry through CSE on 29th,Oct. (No response)
Called on 15th Nov. (They told me my application was on second review)
Approval: 5th Dec.
Mail Received:11th Dec.
Thanks all the information, and hope you all get your permit soon!

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
travellerr said:

Hi!

I needed to submit additional documents for my PGWP. You first upload the document, then you need to "Submit" it.

From your post, it seems like you uploaded your document but have not submitted it yet. Scroll below, you will need to continue on and submit the document.

I remember that I needed to digitally sign the application again, and confirm payment (you don't need to pay a second time, but the system confirms payment). Once you submit your additional document, it should say "Provided" against the "Review of submitted documents" line.

Hope this helps.

-naomi

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I applied for PGWP
Date of online application : Aug 20
Processing time is already past since i applied and current files being processed are of sept 3rd.
Cic says they have made progress on my application but there is no reason why decision has not been made yet.

There is absolute lack of clarity in CIC's process. It would be really nice if they could give more information.
Also, there is no way to know what order they follow to process the files.

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
pankaj281 said:
I applied Aug 14 and still yet to hear from them. Did they tell you they have sent a request to expedite your application?
Hey guys,

I applied for PGWP
Date of online application : Aug 20
Processing time is already past since i applied and current files being processed are of sept 3rd.
Cic says they have made progress on my application but there is no reason why decision has not been made yet.

There is absolute lack of clarity in CIC's process. It would be really nice if they could give more information.
Also, there is no way to know what order they follow to process the files.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They just said that they gonna look into the matter as to why the decision is not made yet.
And the timeline they said for this is 90 days.

If i don't hear anything back within 90 days then i can call them again.

I feel like laughing at this.

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
pankaj281 said:
They just said that they gonna look into the matter as to why the decision is not made yet.
And the timeline they said for this is 90 days.

If i don't hear anything back within 90 days then i can call them again.

I feel like laughing at this.
Exactly what they told me. This is just to stop us from bothering them. I suspect we will hear back soonest. They are humans just like us, and my guess is that they skipped our applications somehow and didn't want to admit it. Let's be hopeful.