+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeffli24 said:
Am I eligible to go flagpoling too? I'm from an non visa-exempt country, and my study permit expired in July.
I applied for my PGWP on June 25.

I expect the answer to be no, but just want to know what the experts think
No, You can not do that because you are on implied status. You must have valid TRV to do that or you should be from visa-exempt nation.

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys, here is my timeline:

Applied: August 21st
Blank Updates: Monthly
Approved: December 16th
Mail delivery: waiting

Thank you so much for everyone who is helping in this post!
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!!!!!!!!!!

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Good news:) did u applied online?

ndrs11 said:
Hey guys, here is my timeline:

Applied: August 21st
Blank Updates: Monthly
Approved: December 16th
Mail delivery: waiting

Thank you so much for everyone who is helping in this post!
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!!!!!!!!!!

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Here is my updated timeline:

Applied: May 29th
Paid : full fee $255
Blank updates: many
PGWP Approval: 5th Dec
Mail Delivery: 10th Dec
Total Processing Time: a way too many days - f*cking lost the count =)

TRV Application
Applied: 11th Dec
Paid : full fee $150
Blank updates: 11th Dec
Request for passport: 14th Dec
TRV Approval: Waiting
Passport Delivery: Waiting

Good luck to everyone.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3300 said:
Hi guys,

I just inform you that I got my PGWP through flag poling. Yesterday, I went to US border at St. Stephen which was 5 hours drive from my side. Border officers were very helpful and I got my work permit very easily.
I would like to thank this forum and specially Jubear, who suggest suggest me to do flag pole.

Best wishes,
Vicky
Vicky,

Congratulations on Flagpolling. Good for you and I'm glad it took less time.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeffli24 said:
Am I eligible to go flagpoling too? I'm from an non visa-exempt country, and my study permit expired in July.
I applied for my PGWP on June 25.

I expect the answer to be no, but just want to know what the experts think
Jeffli24,

Welcome to the forum. As you mentioned its not possible for you since your SP expired. For further info, see my response to Vicky (3300) on page 182 of this forum. You don't have to be Visa Exempt though.

Cheers!

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Why you paid 150 for you TRV? You should pay 100 ha

VPoutine said:
Hi Everyone,

Here is my updated timeline:

Applied: May 29th
Paid : full fee $255
Blank updates: many
PGWP Approval: 5th Dec
Mail Delivery: 10th Dec
Total Processing Time: a way too many days - f*cking lost the count =)

TRV Application
Applied: 11th Dec
Paid : full fee $150
Blank updates: 11th Dec
Request for passport: 14th Dec
TRV Approval: Waiting
Passport Delivery: Waiting

Good luck to everyone.

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
jubear said:
Jeffli24,

Welcome to the forum. As you mentioned its not possible for you since your SP expired. For further info, see my response to Vicky (3300) on page 182 of this forum. You don't have to be Visa Exempt though.

Cheers!
Hi Jubaer

I saw the post that you referred. Thank you for sharing that. I have a quick question here. My TRV has expired and PGWP is still valid till Feb 2016. Can I do flag poling to extend my PGWP?

Note: My PGWP is extendable till dec 2016. It was given to me till Feb 2016 as my passport was expiring.

Please help

concerned imm

Nov 21, 2015
I applied for PGWP on June 26, after waiting for 6 months i received a refusal letter. here are the reason for the refusal

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
[X] After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose
employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for
Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As
you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies,
you are not eligible for a work permit in this category

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concerned imm said:
I applied for PGWP on June 26, after waiting for 6 months i received a refusal letter. here are the reason for the refusal

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
[X] After reviewing your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose
employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for
Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As
you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies,
you are not eligible for a work permit in this category
Seems Missing document.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaider said:
Hi Jubaer

I saw the post that you referred. Thank you for sharing that. I have a quick question here. My TRV has expired and PGWP is still valid till Feb 2016. Can I do flag poling to extend my PGWP?

Note: My PGWP is extendable till dec 2016. It was given to me till Feb 2016 as my passport was expiring.

Please help
Absolutely. As long as you are still in status (with a PGWP). Caution; do not wait until next year. Now is the time.
Cheers!