+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
chenshuyi1003 said:
hi everyone, my employer hired me through their agent under a external contract (this is to say, I signed contract with a third party, not directly with my employer) till Nov 30 that is my study permit expires date. Now, my employer offer me a full time position from Dec 01 and will a sign a new contract with me.
my concern is the contract is a new contract and if i can work from Dec 01 when my study permit is expired and waiting for my work permit.
Yes, you can. In this case it calls 'implied status'. Since you've got your job while your study permit was valid - you're able to keep working. However, it's still for your employer consideration. Some of them wants a real work permit and do not like implied status thing.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
xiaochuansong said:
Hey I applied on May 26th, and still no answer until Nov 29th. I am very worried all these days, so can anyone please help me?
If you read the forum you will see that a lot of people are in the same boat with you.
I am May 20th applicant and still nothing. So, you're not alone who is waiting that long.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
I received one blank update Yesterday (Sunday), fingers crossed 8) - may be some good news to come this week. ::)

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:
Vicky,

Yes you can. The same rule of applying within 90 days will apply. If you decide to go FPg you will need to go with these documents:
1 or 2 as above (safer to have both); and

a- Original passport
b- Current valid SP
c- Credit card/debit card loaded with $255
d- Student ID

A word of caution: A PGWP is an open work permit (OWP) and therefore, it allows the holder to work for any employer, in any location, and occupation of choice. Well, apart from sex trade and strip clubs.

Be at the border office between 6am and 10am for quick and easier service. When you arrive tell the receptionist/CBSA Officer that you want to apply for a PGWP and s/he will tell you what to do next. The border officer might ask you a few simple questions such as, "what was the duration of your program?", "Did you study full-time?," etc.
Don't forget that you do not need a job offer to apply for a PGWP. If the officer asks for a letter of employment, politely let them know that you do not need one to apply for a PGWP.

After the PGWP has been printed and shown to you, make sure to check for the following on your WP before you leave the border office;

Employer: UNKNOWN
Employment Location: ANY or UNKNOWN

If it looks different from the above, politely talk to the CBSA officer to change it. Do not assume that they all know the rules of PGWPs.

Cheers!
Can anyone apply this or one has to be from Visa exempt Nation?
Please clarify this.
Thank you

livials

Sep 29, 2015
Alex Z said:
If it says 'original' then you have to send original. Online transcripts are usually just for us. And usually it says that it's 'unofficial' transcript.
So, I'm afraid, you need to get your transcript from the college.
must we submit the transcript for applying PGWP?
I remember that I only submit the school confirmation letter......

would it be a reason why my application was on June 26, but still has not been approved yet?????

jeffli24

Nov 30, 2015
Application : June 25th
Paid $255
Blank Update : Oct 8th , Oct 15th

I called the CIC call centre this morning and the agent told me that my application is opened and there's nothing wrong with it.
But they will need more time to review my application and that will take up to another 16 weeks.

It's been 158 days since i submitted my application, and now I'll have to wait for another 4 months??? WTF

livials

Sep 29, 2015
jeffli24 said:
Application : June 25th
Paid $255
Blank Update : Oct 8th , Oct 15th

I called the CIC call centre this morning and the agent told me that my application is opened and there's nothing wrong with it.
But they will need more time to review my application and that will take up to another 16 weeks.

It's been 158 days since i submitted my application, and now I'll have to wait for another 4 months??? WTF
I APPLIED ON JUNE 26, AND I HAVE THE SAME SATUATION WITH YOU.!!
WE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING BUT JUST WAITING. BE POSSITIVE! :)

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
livials said:
must we submit the transcript for applying PGWP?
I remember that I only submit the school confirmation letter......

would it be a reason why my application was on June 26, but still has not been approved yet?????
Hi,

No, it's either one or the other. You may choose to submit both when applying but it's not required. If they need the other one they will ask for it.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
livials said:
I APPLIED ON JUNE 26, AND I HAVE THE SAME SATUATION WITH YOU.!!
WE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING BUT JUST WAITING. BE POSSITIVE! :)
I also applied on June 26th. I was told December 1st.. but who knows anymore :'(

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone having Idea about Flagpole thing.

Please clarify this.
Thank you

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Unbelievably. Approved!

Applied: May 20th
Blank Update: July 31st, August 11th, November 29th
Paid $100: September 15th (wasn't asked by CIC, attached receipt via CSE and never heard back)
Mail delivery: waiting

I will update my timeline again when I receive an actual permit.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koolbnda said:
Does anyone having Idea about Flagpole thing.

Please clarify this.
Thank you
Koolbnda,

See reply to Vicky on page 182 of the forum.

Cheers!

utopia110

Nov 30, 2015
Given the bold text, I am assuming you can't take this route if your study permit is expired :/

jubear said:
Vicky,

Yes you can and the good news is that you don't have to be Visa Exempt to apply. The same rule of applying within 90 days will apply. If you decide to go FPg you will need to go with these documents:
1 or 2 as above (safer to have both); and

a- Original passport
b- Current valid SP
c- Credit card/debit card loaded with $255
d- Student ID

Remember that: A PGWP is an open work permit (OWP) and therefore, it allows the holder to work for any employer, in any location, and occupation of choice. Well, apart from sex trade and strip clubs.

Be at the border office between 6am and 10am for quick and easier service. When you arrive tell the receptionist/CBSA Officer that you want to apply for a PGWP and s/he will tell you what to do next. The border officer might ask you a few simple questions such as, "what was the duration of your program?", "Did you study full-time?," etc.
Don't forget that you do not need a job offer to apply for a PGWP. If the officer asks for a letter of employment, politely let them know that you do not need one to apply for a PGWP.

After the PGWP has been printed and shown to you, make sure to check for the following on your WP before you leave the border office;

Employer: UNKNOWN
Employment Location: ANY or UNKNOWN

If it looks different from the above, politely talk to the CBSA officer to change it. Do not assume that they all know the rules of PGWPs.

Cheers!

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here is my timeline:

PGWP:
Applied: July 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month
Approval: Nov 16th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 23rd, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: 2 blank updates on Nov 26 and 27.
Request for Passport: waiting
Approval: waiting
Mail Delivery: Not Yet