AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
You are right, "Let's get this issue heard so that it doesn't get repeated!"

may2015 said:
Finally approved after more than 6 months of waiting!

Applied: May 25
Blank updates: 2 in August

No confirmation email or anything about the length of my permit but still the best news in 6 months! Today I contacted my MP for the third time to ask her to look into my application. She was hesitant at first as she had already inquired to CIC about my file and all they told her was that I have to wait more. Today I explained to my MP that I need to go back to my home country and she accepted to ask about my file for the third time and it worked! Two hours later, the status changed to Updated and another two hours later to Approved.

Although I'm extremely happy, I'm also very concerned about CIC going forward. If I hadn't inquired about my application so much through my MP, it would not be processed for another while. How they handle the May and June applicants is very worrying. They never disclosed the technical issue nor explained the true reason of this delay. They did not respond to my 2 CSEs although they clearly state that they will respond within 30 business days. Their call center doesn't really help applicants whose processing times have passed. And the worst part is, there is no media coverage. Let's get this issue heard so that it doesn't get repeated!

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
NDUFB11 said:
Hi Netz,
why did you say that he should get the permit on the the first week of December?
I'm a 26May applicant and I was told more then a month ago that I was approved and they have to ship it
Hey I am just being optimistic... And i am really hoping Nd praying that every1 who is waiting from such a long time should get it before thr chrismas break... N m sure u all will...

y54su

Nov 28, 2015
y54su
Applied: May 16 Online
Paid : $155 on May 16th
no reques from cic for additional $ 100.
Blank Updates: Jul 30th plus 6 monthly messages saying no updates
PGWP Approval: not yet

koooy

Nov 16, 2015
first time posting on this forum but been seeing all the posts..from all the post read Jubear,you are the real mvp for keeping everyone sane during this period..finally got APPROVED!!!..Strangely the email and confirmation was sent today..but in the confirmation letter it was approved on the 26th..so this is my time line
applied : june 16th (full amount)
blank updates: September 13th and September 16th
request for additional documents ( school transcript) : nov 5th
submitted additional documents (school transcript) : nov 13th
approval November: 28th
mail:waiting

Pier39lab

Oct 23, 2015
A breath of fresh air this afternoon, my status went from SUBMITTED to APPROVED.

Please update the timelines: (Thanks Alemia)

Application Date: 21st May 2015
Blank Updates: Up until September
Approved On: 28th Nov 2015
Six Months until approved hey

I'll update my timeline once I recieve the permit in the mail.

Thankyou everyone on this message board for sending out hopes, nugget by nugget!

On a side note, I've never had a chance to talk to a CIC Call Centre Services or an MP (just didn't have the time to wait to be in line on the phone)
nevertheless, I still obtained it, so yea.

For others that are still waiting, it is perfectly safe to keep your hopes up. Cic probably went through something we don't know but they're stepping up and smashing it though.

kyden

Nov 28, 2015
I just need a little help here, don't know what I should do now after CIC system screwed me up.
So my situation is: I graduated in Simon Fraser University in BC, with a Bachelor in Business Administration and another Certificate on top of that (more than 4 years of studying). I applied for PGWP on May 17th, and my application just got approved on November 24th after more than 6 months. However, it's only valid to 2015/12/24, which is 1 MONTH. I called CIC and told them about this but they told me that it's a mistake they made so I have to wait for their correction, but they didn't tell me how long it will take. And I can't do anything without PGWP.
So my question is what I should do now, can I apply for a Request to Amend Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents ? I am very very frustrated now, lost 2 jobs already and facing this issue, don't really know when I will have an actual work permit so I can apply for jobs. :mad:

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyden said:
I just need a little help here, don't know what I should do now after CIC system screwed me up.
So my situation is: I graduated in Simon Fraser University in BC, with a Bachelor in Business Administration and another Certificate on top of that (more than 4 years of studying). I applied for PGWP on May 17th, and my application just got approved on November 24th after more than 6 months. However, it's only valid to 2015/12/24, which is 1 MONTH. I called CIC and told them about this but they told me that it's a mistake they made so I have to wait for their correction, but they didn't tell me how long it will take. And I can't do anything without PGWP.
So my question is what I should do now, can I apply for a Request to Amend Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents ? I am very very frustrated now, lost 2 jobs already and facing this issue, don't really know when I will have an actual work permit so I can apply for jobs. :mad:
Kyden,

Have you checked to see when your passport expires? Having graduated from SFU and another certificate on top of that, I would expect CIC to give you your well deserved 3-year PGWP. CIC can't give you 3 years unless the validity of your passport >= that of your PGWP. So confirm that first.

After you've received it, I believe you can apply immediately for amendment. Use this guide:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp. I have a feeling there are no fees to pay given your situation.

Having said that, call CIC center again at different times of the day to get more info on what to do next. Ask directly what you should do and how. Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3300 said:
Hi Guys,

I just completed my Master degree, What should I do to apply for PGWP.. Plz help!

Vicky
Vicky,

First of all, congratulations on graduating and welcome to the PGWP forum.

You will need:

1- An official Confirmation Letter from your university stating that you've fulfilled/completed the requirements of your program for you to graduate. The moment you receive this letter (ideally from the date it was written), you will only have a window of 90 days within which to apply for a PGWP; OR

2. Official Transcript;

and

3. Form IMM5710E
4. Processing fee of $155 and open work permit (OWP) holder's fee of $100. In total you need $255 payable by credit card online at the time of submission.
5. Passport copy (this will include pages of personal info and stamps)
6. Head/face photo.

Requirements 1, 2, & 5 should all be scanned and uploaded as PDF documents (its easier).

Photo specifications can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

Determine you eligibility by acquainting yourself with this literature at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp.
See application package at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-how.asp

Log into your MyCIC account here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp and apply for a work permit. Answer the questionnaire carefully.

Once you have submitted your PGWP application, you will receive a confirmation of submission message and date of receipt by CIC within your MyCIC account. Endeavour to check.

Lastly, the rest becomes a waiting game. You can monitor the processing times at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Good luck to you.

Cheers!

kyden

Nov 28, 2015
Thanks you Jubear. I really appreciate your help. My passport is still valid to 2021, I called CIC to talk to them about this but they told me will send another one to me but not sure how long the process will take. So now I have to do the amendment ASAP, and send it back to CIC. Tbh, I'm very very frustrated and disappointed about CIC service, it took more than 6 months to get my application approved, and now I have to send it back and wait for another one.

ruue

Nov 20, 2015
Hi Everyone

Finally after months of waiting my post grad has been approved. Please if anyone is still waiting and has ben for a while contact your MP. My timeline is as follows

Application : May 16th
Blank Update : June 17th , August 4th
Request for $100 : November 26th
Contact MP : November 20th
Approved:November 27th :) :) :)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3300 said:
Thanks a lot Jubear.... :)

I read flag poling term in this forum. Can I do that right now?

regards
Vicky
Vicky,

Yes you can and the good news is that you don't have to be Visa Exempt to apply. The same rule of applying within 90 days will apply. If you decide to go FPg you will need to go with these documents:
1 or 2 as above (safer to have both); and

a- Original passport
b- Current valid SP
c- Credit card/debit card loaded with $255
d- Student ID

Remember that: A PGWP is an open work permit (OWP) and therefore, it allows the holder to work for any employer, in any location, and occupation of choice. Well, apart from sex trade and strip clubs.

Be at the border office between 6am and 10am for quick and easier service. When you arrive tell the receptionist/CBSA Officer that you want to apply for a PGWP and s/he will tell you what to do next. The border officer might ask you a few simple questions such as, "what was the duration of your program?", "Did you study full-time?," etc.
Don't forget that you do not need a job offer to apply for a PGWP. If the officer asks for a letter of employment, politely let them know that you do not need one to apply for a PGWP.

After the PGWP has been printed and shown to you, make sure to check for the following on your WP before you leave the border office;

Employer: UNKNOWN
Employment Location: ANY or UNKNOWN

If it looks different from the above, politely talk to the CBSA officer to change it. Do not assume that they all know the rules of PGWPs.

Cheers!

niekangli

Nov 21, 2015
sent a case specific enquiry on Nov.2.... received a response today saying my application has been received and is in queue to be processed...... so for anyone who submitted a CSE, don't expect to get a reply soon

chenshuyi1003

Nov 16, 2015
hi everyone, my employer hired me through their agent under a external contract (this is to say, I signed contract with a third party, not directly with my employer) till Nov 30 that is my study permit expires date. Now, my employer offer me a full time position from Dec 01 and will a sign a new contract with me.
my concern is the contract is a new contract and if i can work from Dec 01 when my study permit is expired and waiting for my work permit.