+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Nina B

Oct 23, 2015
I applied TRV on: Nov 17th
Passport Requested: Nov 18th
Passport Arrived: Nov 23rd
Approval: Not yet

My flight is next Tuesday, I don't know if my passport will come in time....so worried :'(

nrkamath said:
Hey Guys

Applied: May 6th, 2015
Blank Updates: June 25, June 31
Request for $100: August 21st
Approval: October 31st, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 6th, 2015 (6 months wait)

Submitted application for TRV: November 9th, 2015
Blank Updates: November 11
Request for Passport: November 16th (1 week after application submitted!!)
Passport Sent: November 16th (Using 2 pre-paid Xpress Paid envelopes from Canada Post) (from Calgary to Ottawa)
Passport Received: November 17th (at 12 noon)
Approval: November 19th
Passport Sent from Ottawa: November 23rd
Mail Delivery: November 24th

Im finally done! Now to wait for some time and then start this process all over again but for a PR. Hope everyone gets their work permit soon! Cheers!

:)

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
ruue said:
I applied May 16th and l haven't been really told anything nothing about second review extra payment for the $100 just that my application is still under review so l guess we all still waiting. It does not look like they is anyone on this forum before May16th so am guessing maybe ours should be next inline for approvals
Same situation.
Here is my timeline

Applied:may 16 (pay in full 255)
Blank update:monthly
Approval:waiting
I called cic few time, but they just ask me to wait and call them back after January if I still not hear anything back. So, I start worrying about the document I submitted. I also contact the MP's temporary office, the assistant was nice and he took all my information but never hear back. So, I don't know what to do. Just feel so stressful. I feel they just forget the application around the mid of May.

sahmed17

Oct 30, 2015
Applied: June 10, 2015
Approved: TODAY ie Nov 24

Mail: Waiting

So glad i FINALLY got my PGWP approved! but the validity is only until April 2016 (which is when my passport expires). I called CIC and the agent said that once i get my renewed passport i have to apply again (and PAY AGAIN). I told her that i didnt pay frikkin $255 dollars just for 4 months of work permit validity. She's like i will have to apply and pay again.

Was anyone in a similar situation before? I couldnt have applied for a passport renewal back in June (cus it can only be renewed 6 months prior to its expiry). Can i go to the border and increase my validity once i get my new passport without having to pay?

NEED YOUR HELP GUYS! and for those waiting, you will receive it soon :) Patience is key!

TaylorWang

Jun 19, 2012
Just to share status:
Applied on: June 19 2015
Approved on: Nov 23 2015
Mailed: waiting

I guess we just have to be patient. Gook luck to all.

Now I am facing with two problems and any help are well welcomed.
1. The address change:

the pdf message in mycic shows my old address in the letter. I did request to change my address two month ago. I also called cic call center two weeks ago and the agent looked my profile and said my address was updated. Now I am worried the actual work permit will be mailed to my old address or not. How should I contact cic to check this? I tried to call the cic call center again but it seems they can not help. Is there any email address I can send to?

2. I got 2 years long work permit from the pdf message in mycic:
My master program is two years long full time. How long should I get for PGWP, two years or three years. My friend in the same 2 years program who did flag pole got 3 years long. Should I get 3 years long as well, or it totally depends on the individual visa officer? If I should get 3 years long, does it means I have to reapply (which takes months), or they can amend it without new application?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
That sucks! How come you didn't notice that yours passport is expiring! It is definitely unfair if you have to pay it again. But you may have to do it if this is the law, right. That's how ppl learn their lessons I guess. I feel bad for you. I hope you will find a better solution!

sahmed17 said:
Applied: June 10, 2015
Approved: TODAY ie Nov 24

Mail: Waiting

So glad i FINALLY got my PGWP approved! but the validity is only until April 2016 (which is when my passport expires). I called CIC and the agent said that once i get my renewed passport i have to apply again (and PAY AGAIN). I told her that i didnt pay frikkin $255 dollars just for 4 months of work permit validity. She's like i will have to apply and pay again.

Was anyone in a similar situation before? I couldnt have applied for a passport renewal back in June (cus it can only be renewed 6 months prior to its expiry). Can i go to the border and increase my validity once i get my new passport without having to pay?

NEED YOUR HELP GUYS! and for those waiting, you will receive it soon :) Patience is key!

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Congrats! I am applying for my TRV now. I have a question to you. The mailing address on IMM5257 is the one our passport will be returned to? Or the address we put on the Xpresspost is the one. Do they have to be the same? thnx

nrkamath said:
Hey Guys

Applied: May 6th, 2015
Blank Updates: June 25, June 31
Request for $100: August 21st
Approval: October 31st, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 6th, 2015 (6 months wait)

Submitted application for TRV: November 9th, 2015
Blank Updates: November 11
Request for Passport: November 16th (1 week after application submitted!!)
Passport Sent: November 16th (Using 2 pre-paid Xpress Paid envelopes from Canada Post) (from Calgary to Ottawa)
Passport Received: November 17th (at 12 noon)
Approval: November 19th
Passport Sent from Ottawa: November 23rd
Mail Delivery: November 24th

Im finally done! Now to wait for some time and then start this process all over again but for a PR. Hope everyone gets their work permit soon! Cheers!

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
I want to take time to appreciate the effort of everyone here through out these very trying times. Unlike most of us, some didn't even have the opportunity to work because out study permits didn't allow us to. Am grateful to our star members especially JUBEAR as well as Newbies who all contributed in form of advise and personal experiences to make this such a great resource. This is why the internet was created. So I would like to share my personal experience, maybe a couple of us would get encouraged or learn a couple of things.

My experience has really been a crazy one. Firstly, I applied using only my Maters Certificate instead of the Transcript or Letter of Graduation. I was worried because the certificate didn't show if i was within 90 days of completion of my course. As if that wasn't scary enough, I also scanned just the first page of my passport instead of the entire document with all the stamp marks as said in the instructions. I discovered these errors only about a month ago and really became unsettled ever since. I have a very strong conviction that this might have caused the delay. I eventually scanned the required documents and sent via CSE to CIC, then got a reply within 2 weeks that it has been seen and sent to the relevant dept. I also added a strong emotional component to the CSE letter explaining my condition. Well, I don't know ho much that helped but I the day after calling CIC the second time, I got a blank update and the next day, I got my approval.

Well, the summary of my situation is, Cheer Up guys!!! If I could still get mine despite these errors, then you all have an even greater chance of getting yours. The system is changing for the better now. Eventually, everyone would get sorted out in due time. Also don't hesitate to use the CSE or call CIC no matter how bad the last agent was. The first agent who replied me was in a haste to get me off the phone. She told me my app was sent for an additional review and I should check back if i didn't hear in 4 months. The second agent was extremely helpful and even placed me on hold while he went and made inquires about my file. He told me the same additional review status but this time, he mentioned when it was initially processed and placed under review. He also told me to call back Middle December if I hadn't received any news. So guys, never get discouraged with an agent telling you very scary news. Call again. The next agent might be more human and understand your struggle better.

Go through you application and check if you missed anything. You never can tell.
I contacted my MP but his office wasn't set up yet. For those who are within processing time, you would be luckier. The parliament resumes Dec 2. A lot of MPs should be set up on or before then. Please, go through them.!!!

Here is my official timeline

Applied: June 10 Online
Paid : $255
Blank Updates: August, August , Sept , Nov 22
PGWP Approval: November 23
Mail Delivery: Awaiting

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
nuendo said:
I want to take time to appreciate the effort of everyone here through out these very trying times. Unlike most of us, some didn't even have the opportunity to work because out study permits didn't allow us to. Am grateful to our star members especially JUBEAR as well as Newbies who all contributed in form of advise and personal experiences to make this such a great resource. This is why the internet was created. So I would like to share my personal experience, maybe a couple of us would get encouraged or learn a couple of things.

My experience has really been a crazy one. Firstly, I applied using only my Maters Certificate instead of the Transcript or Letter of Graduation. I was worried because the certificate didn't show if i was within 90 days of completion of my course. As if that wasn't scary enough, I also scanned just the first page of my passport instead of the entire document with all the stamp marks as said in the instructions. I discovered these errors only about a month ago and really became unsettled ever since. I have a very strong conviction that this might have caused the delay. I eventually scanned the required documents and sent via CSE to CIC, then got a reply within 2 weeks that it has been seen and sent to the relevant dept. I also added a strong emotional component to the CSE letter explaining my condition. Well, I don't know ho much that helped but I the day after calling CIC the second time, I got a blank update and the next day, I got my approval.

Well, the summary of my situation is, Cheer Up guys!!! If I could still get mine despite these errors, then you all have an even greater chance of getting yours. The system is changing for the better now. Eventually, everyone would get sorted out in due time. Also don't hesitate to use the CSE or call CIC no matter how bad the last agent was. The first agent who replied me was in a haste to get me off the phone. She told me my app was sent for an additional review and I should check back if i didn't hear in 4 months. The second agent was extremely helpful and even placed me on hold while he went and made inquires about my file. He told me the same additional review status but this time, he mentioned when it was initially processed and placed under review. He also told me to call back Middle December if I hadn't received any news. So guys, never get discouraged with an agent telling you very scary news. Call again. The next agent might be more human and understand your struggle better.

Go through you application and check if you missed anything. You never can tell.
I contacted my MP but his office wasn't set up yet. For those who are within processing time, you would be luckier. The parliament resumes Dec 2. A lot of MPs should be set up on or before then. Please, go through them.!!!

When you scan your passport, have you included your study permit?

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:
When you scan your passport, have you included your study permit?
I included everything ( just for the sake of doing so, and also to show it prevented me from working) . However, I don't think its important because you stated the number in your application form.

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
nuendo said:
I included everything ( just for the sake of doing so, and also to show it prevented me from working) . However, I don't think its important because you stated the number in your application form.
Thanks.

pgpgwp

Nov 17, 2015
Hi,

First of all, great work Jubear and other contributors. I'm messaging in this forum for the first time. My timeline is given below:

Applied: May 16 Online
Paid : $155 on May 16th and $100 on June 10th through CSE (no request from CIC)
Blank Updates: May 17th, Jul 30th, Aug 7th plus 6 monthly messages saying no updates
Call Center Reminder to Case Officer : Oct 22nd
MP Contact : Oct 23rd & Nov 19th
PGWP Approval: Waiting (192 days)

It has been well over 6 months since I applied and the status of my application has remained the same since the day I applied. A zillion calls to CIC call center has proved useless, as I've never got a single tangible reply from them. Once on Oct 22nd they sent a reminder to the case officer, but till now no news about it. Contacted MP office twice, over email on 23rd Oct and in-person on 19th Nov, though the office staff was congenial they still couldn't help much. Luckily I have a job since June, but problem is the job involves travel for business development, which I have postponed for the past 5 months and affecting my performance big time. I'm not able to plan travel home and also not able to apply for OHIP (health insurance) I have even posted on 'CBC Go Public'. With almost all options exhausted, I'm reaching peak levels of frustration and stress with this waiting game.

ruue

Nov 20, 2015
pgpgwp said:
Hi,

First of all, great work Jubear and other contributors. I'm messaging in this forum for the first time. My timeline is given below:

Applied: May 16 Online
Paid : $155 on May 16th and $100 on June 10th through CSE (no request from CIC)
Blank Updates: May 17th, Jul 30th, Aug 7th plus 6 monthly messages saying no updates
Call Center Reminder to Case Officer : Oct 22nd
MP Contact : Oct 23rd & Nov 19th
PGWP Approval: Waiting (192 days)

It has been well over 6 months since I applied and the status of my application has remained the same since the day I applied. A zillion calls to CIC call center has proved useless, as I've never got a single tangible reply from them. Once on Oct 22nd they sent a reminder to the case officer, but till now no news about it. Contacted MP office twice, over email on 23rd Oct and in-person on 19th Nov, though the office staff was congenial they still couldn't help much. Luckily I have a job since June, but problem is the job involves travel for business development, which I have postponed for the past 5 months and affecting my performance big time. I'm not able to plan travel home and also not able to apply for OHIP (health insurance) I have even posted on 'CBC Go Public'. With almost all options exhausted, I'm reaching peak levels of frustration and stress with this waiting game.

Hello,

I fell you frustration l also applied May16th and still nothing from CIC. I paid 155 and the call center has not being helpful either l contacted my MP but still nothing. I guess from here on its just a waiting game nothing much we can do. I have not paid the extra 100 because the agents advised not to and that l should wait for a request first. Am confused all my travel plans have been put on hold

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaopan said:
You don't need to wait for your wp to apply for your PR! I did apply my PR before I got my wp.
I need to spend more time in Canada before I'm eligible for a PR! Thats why im waiting!

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nina B said:
I applied TRV on: Nov 17th
Passport Requested: Nov 18th
Passport Arrived: Nov 23rd
Approval: Not yet

My flight is next Tuesday, I don't know if my passport will come in time....so worried :'(
They are processing these very quickly! You never know! Unfortunately, it took a few days from when they approved it on MyCIC to when they actually shipped it out, so be mindful.
I hope you booked refundable tickets, or if you didnt, you might want to spend some money and move the dates as soon as you can!

csqgreen

Nov 24, 2015
nuendo said:

I applied on Aug.19th, and I just find out that I made same mistake as u!!, I only submitted first page my passport! It totally freaked me out!! I just re-submit via CSE, I hope it will work and please don't delay!,! My job is about to start, and my sp is about to expire this end of month. So desperate!!