+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Nina B

Oct 23, 2015
nrkamath said:
They are processing these very quickly! You never know! Unfortunately, it took a few days from when they approved it on MyCIC to when they actually shipped it out, so be mindful.
I hope you booked refundable tickets, or if you didnt, you might want to spend some money and move the dates as soon as you can!
I saw that some people get their PP back in a month, 2 weeks or even 6 days :eek:
I am hoping to get it soon since I didn't book refundable tickets :'(
Thank you for your share though.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nuendo, Xiaopan, TaylorWang, Nrkamath, Sahmed17, Nina B, BeeGee, Lady0421, Savy_C, Nizolas, 2M, BrinaBee, RajG, Blue-J, and SlimTeddy,

Congratulations on the approval of your PGWP! Thank you for being a part of this forum and sharing your experiences no matter how stressful they were. It is these very experiences that have prepared us for future processes such as PR applications.

For those of you who take the time to thank me for my contributions, in addition to thanking other members on the forum, I just wanted you to know that I truly understand what you've been through. That's why I also encourage you to continue visiting the forum and reach out to those who are still struggling and looking for your help. Also share your TRV timelines because it helps everyone plan their travels besides sharing the application process.

I don't always acknowledge in writing whenever forum members thank me and others. However, if you must know; I do appreciate the fact that you appreciate and its always nice to see that members on the forum are motivated to be there for others. Its one of the most selfless things that we will ever do. In many ways we are strangers, but I would also argue that this PGWP forum has made us a family and united to fight for each other. So to those who are still waiting and those that have been approved, keep up the good work and reach out whenever you can.

Lastly, I will caution everyone not to wait up to the last minute to apply for PR. Use your first year of work experience under PGWP to prepare and analyze the best options of PR at your disposal. PR programs such as economic class (CEC, FSW, PNP) and non-economic class (Family class: for those with Canadian spouse or common-law partners) should be utilized. Your second year on a PGWP should be the target year to apply for PR. In your first year, look for jobs under NOC 0, A, & B. Use this site to check for that before you apply for a job: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp. Avoid getting just any job. You've invested in your education and you deserve better. Depending on the PR program you apply to, the NOC classification will definitely matter.

Cheers and good luck to everyone!

blue-j

Aug 10, 2015
Very well said nuendo. I will do the same

Honestly if it weren't for this forum I don't know how I would manage this entire time. I applied June 1. Graduated the same month and during this time I was applying for jobs because I thought, like most people here who applied in June, I should have it by end of July or August sometime. I don't know what planet I was floating on that day to think that.

Needless to say all of my documents expired July 30 which pretty much confirmed I could no longer leave the country. During this time I lost out on not one, two, three or four but FIVE job opportunities all that I wanted so badly in my field. I was devastated. I was getting updates from classmates who were getting work meanwhile I'm stuck at home, jobless, no family in Canada and to make matters worse I realize my passport expires April 2016 and was informed that I would only get my permit up to that point. Let me say I was furious, sad and nervous all at the same time!

Amidst this chaos I had to give it a fight and decided to renew my passport mid August. Had the new one September 3rd, called CIC and explained that even though I applied back in June I have a new passport. This was my first time calling by the way and the agent (a guy) was extremely nice and took all of my info to put on file. I also made copies. One month goes by, nothing. I got a bit antsy and decided to call right before Halloween because it was it had been pretty much 8 weeks since my call. The lady checked and pretty much said "if you don't hear from us by December 11 please give us a call. If your work permit is valid until your past port date then be advised you will have to re-apply and pay $255 again." I was angry and for a while. Just this past weekend I started mentally preparing myself that 'you are not going to see your family this year so forget about it'. My mind was all over the place and didn't know what to think anymore...

This morning I woke up and checked my email only to be notified that I had a new message from CIC which says that my application is officially approved. I literally froze for about a minute and could not stop smiling because I was so happy.

I would definitely like to thank everyone who is a part of this forum to help each other, giving advice and solutions no matter what they may be. I am extremely greatful for JUBEAR for keeping positive. Your words really got me through these last 6 months. Thank you. Good luck to everyone else and I hope you guys get yours very soon. 177 days wait time

And the best part is....amidst my passport concerns.... my PGWP will now expire NOV 2018

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Please can you help me to send the link to summit missing document, I realized I did not summit stamp pages on my passport and that of mine husband.
Do I need to include visa stamp of mine old passport because the one I used to applied has no VISA on it but that of mine Husband application have on it.
Thanks

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
omolola said:
Please can you help me to send the link to summit missing document, I realized I did not summit stamp pages on my passport and that of mine husband.
Do I need to include visa stamp of mine old passport because the one I used to applied has no VISA on it but that of mine Husband application have on it.
Thanks
I think you need to include the old passport if it has any stamps or marks showed that you come in or leave Canada. Hope it helps.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
sahmed17 said:
Applied: June 10, 2015
Approved: TODAY ie Nov 24

Mail: Waiting

So glad i FINALLY got my PGWP approved! but the validity is only until April 2016 (which is when my passport expires). I called CIC and the agent said that once i get my renewed passport i have to apply again (and PAY AGAIN). I told her that i didnt pay frikkin $255 dollars just for 4 months of work permit validity. She's like i will have to apply and pay again.

Was anyone in a similar situation before? I couldnt have applied for a passport renewal back in June (cus it can only be renewed 6 months prior to its expiry). Can i go to the border and increase my validity once i get my new passport without having to pay?

NEED YOUR HELP GUYS! and for those waiting, you will receive it soon :) Patience is key!

Well bro! For PP, you could have requested your Embassy for renewal of PP before 6 months. I personally did that with 10 months before my PP expiry. Anyways, whats done is done. Don't think about what you could have done, start planing for your future timelines. Unfortunately, you will have to pay $255 again in April 2016 for extension of PGWP (that's a reality as per knowledge). I would suggest you not to think about $255 as it could have been a case where you would get your permit by Jan/Feb (because of delay) and then you would have to apply for extension of PGWP.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolola said:
Thanks
Omolola,

Case specific enquiry (CSE) can be found here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.63908399.108801500.1431902909

Copies of new and old passport (in that order) with stamps should be provided. Make it one PDF file. Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahmed17 said:
Applied: June 10, 2015
Approved: TODAY ie Nov 24

Mail: Waiting

So glad i FINALLY got my PGWP approved! but the validity is only until April 2016 (which is when my passport expires). I called CIC and the agent said that once i get my renewed passport i have to apply again (and PAY AGAIN). I told her that i didnt pay frikkin $255 dollars just for 4 months of work permit validity. She's like i will have to apply and pay again.

Was anyone in a similar situation before? I couldnt have applied for a passport renewal back in June (cus it can only be renewed 6 months prior to its expiry). Can i go to the border and increase my validity once i get my new passport without having to pay?

NEED YOUR HELP GUYS! and for those waiting, you will receive it soon :) Patience is key!
Sahmed17,

As I have stated before, no permit/TRV can exceed the validity of one's passport. Unfortunately that's the rule and I think its a fair rule to be honest. The diligence and responsibility is on us to make sure that the expiry date of our passports is longer than the expected expiry date of a TRV/permit. See note here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp

As Ayaz94 pointed out; ask yourself, what is the way forward? I suggest you apply NOW to extend your PGWP rather than waiting until next year. Why? Because if you do wait, you will be competing with new graduates across Canada. So therefore, now is the time to apply. Good luck and don't give up.

Cheers!

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
sorry again, I am confused, since I applied for my husband we have two difference two application number, do I do them separately and fill enquirer as my self because we summited the use of representative for me to act on his behave I just want to get this write.
thanks

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
DO I choose that links that says verification of status, replacement and amendments of document
or online temporary residence work permit. please I want to get this right. thanks

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolola said:
sorry again, I am confused, since I applied for my husband we have two difference two application number, do I do them separately and fill enquirer as my self because we summited the use of representative for me to act on his behave I just want to get this write.
thanks
Omolola,

If you are sure that you submitted the application on his behalf, then yes submit the CSE as the representative. However, if you submitted separately, then each of you should submit a CSE.

As a reminder, to be a representative is NOT the same as giving authorization to someone else to receive information about the application. Those are two different things. So be sure before you submit the CSE.

DO I choose that links that says verification of status, replacement and amendments of document
or online temporary residence work permit. please I want to get this right. thanks.
"Online Temporary Residence - Work Permit"

Cheers!