+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
niekangli said:
Applied PGWP on June 13, 2015, still waiting......

I am so frustrated... Im currently not in Canada, can't come back until I apply a new TRV with the PGWP.
I was planing to come back before Christmas, now wait seems last forever....

I hope someone here can help me.
Does anyone know the MP in downtown Toronto? I used to live there, so I suppose I should contact the MP in that area?
Please let me know his/her name.
Since I can not make it in person, it would great to provide his/her email address.(I have restricted access to some websites..)

hope they can speed up the process and let ppl enjoy the Christmas !

Bill Morneau

contact@billmorneau.ca

However, he is also the Minister of Finance and his office isn't set up yet.
The team told me that probably later this month he will answer but I really do not think so.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Based on previous post about getting a visa I got a question.
I am thinking to go back to my home country and ask my friend to send me my PGWP via DHL to me there. How do you think, in this case, will I have problems to get my TRV from my home country or not?

2M

Oct 21, 2015
Finally Approved after a cumbersome waiting process!!!

Here's my updated timeline

Applied: April 27th
Request for 100$: October 23th
Blank Updates: a day before approval
PGWP Approval: November 16th
Mail Delivery: November 20th

I have contacted 3 MP (It was useless).
I'm applying for TRV.
Thank you very much to Jubear and to you all!!!
Good luck everyone

Eng_333

Nov 22, 2015
Hi. I have got my PGWP approval in less than 2 months. I got it last Nov 20th and was wondering how long mail delivery usually takes to Ontario. I am worried bc I did not expect the approval too soon and I just bought a mail forwarding service from Canada post beginning this Nov 25th. I am afraid that I will get the work permit before Nov 25th to my previous apt. Any comment on this? Thanks

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Hey Eng_333

Can you please tell us your timeline like when did you apply and when did you get your blank update. I applied for my pgwp on Sept 30 and got a blank update last week and on mycic account submitted column changed to updated and then back to submitted and after that no reply .

Thanks

niekangli

Nov 21, 2015
nizolas said:
Word of advice for everyone that is still waiting for their PGWP and wants to leave Canada (and requires a TRV to enter Canada):
- Please stay in Canada unless you really need to. This will cause unnecessary stress!!
- In case your TRV gets rejected, don't flip out and prepare a stronger TRV application with the proper documents.
- Please contact your MP so that they can provide you with a letter of support for your TRV application.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I think I will try to contact my MP first.

I left Canadad after submitting my work permit. I thought the process is no more than a couple of months and I will have time to do some travel and rest.... now Im just desperate to get my work permit and go back to Canada....

niekangli

Nov 21, 2015
Alex Z said:
Based on previous post about getting a visa I got a question.
I am thinking to go back to my home country and ask my friend to send me my PGWP via DHL to me there. How do you think, in this case, will I have problems to get my TRV from my home country or not?
It is OK to do that according to my friends who applied PGWP last year. You can then apply to visa under the category work visa with valid work permit.

But you just have to pay attention to the processing time... last year, it only took 1-2 months to process. This year, for unknown reasons(technical/election/refugee? ), you might end up waiting half an year to be able to get back to Canada.

joeypark7

Nov 17, 2015
Eng_333 said:
Hi. This is my timeline.
Applied: Sep 19, 2015
Blank Update: Sep 20, Nov 11, Nov 21
Approval: Nov 20
Mail Delivery: not yet
How come is this possible?
I applied on June 11st and j am still waiting.
This is not fair!!

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am applying for TRV with my pgwp (still waiting for paper). I've submitted my PR application but am still waiting for my file number. Should I answer NO to this question: "I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval)." ?

Thanks

may2015

Nov 22, 2015
Applied: May 25 (full amount paid)

Called CIC a lot of times and they told me everything in my application seemed okay, they sent a request to CIC a month ago and still nothing. Contacted MP twice and was told that due to a technical issue May and June applicants are experiencing delays. All my friends who applied during this period received their PGWP except for me.

Is there anyone left from May who is still waiting? This is really frustrating and I feel like I'm not going to get it anytime soon. I lost hope.

Any ideas on how else we can contact them? :-[

Pier39lab

Oct 23, 2015
Application date: May 21

Blank updates every now and then up until september.

Still waiting for the approval.

I sent the "In Canada Case Specific Enquiry" on october 26th and I got a response on Nov 17th.

Doesn't say anything other than "The application has been received and is in queue to be processed".

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
niekangli said:
It is OK to do that according to my friends who applied PGWP last year. You can then apply to visa under the category work visa with valid work permit.

But you just have to pay attention to the processing time... last year, it only took 1-2 months to process. This year, for unknown reasons(technical/election/refugee? ), you might end up waiting half an year to be able to get back to Canada.
Thank you so much!
It shows that from my home country getting a TRV would take 14 days.. so it seems like a nice idea to spend some time with family and get visa to get back)

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
may2015 said:
Applied: May 25 (full amount paid)

Called CIC a lot of times and they told me everything in my application seemed okay, they sent a request to CIC a month ago and still nothing. Contacted MP twice and was told that due to a technical issue May and June applicants are experiencing delays. All my friends who applied during this period received their PGWP except for me.

Is there anyone left from May who is still waiting? This is really frustrating and I feel like I'm not going to get it anytime soon. I lost hope.

Any ideas on how else we can contact them? :-[
I'm may 20th applicant and still waiting.
No, there is no more way to speed up the process except contacting MP. However, even that might be not helpful.

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
Pier39lab said:

I sent the "In Canada Case Specific Enquiry" on october 26th and I got a response on Nov 17th.

Doesn't say anything other than "The application has been received and is in queue to be processed".
I am the May 16the application and still waiting. Contacting the MP, but never heard anything back. So, feel stressed and worried.

Stacey_K

Nov 18, 2015
Pier39lab said:

Do u mean "request under the Access to Information Act" or smth else?