+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

kinkiww

Oct 22, 2015
Pier39lab said:
Application date: May 21

Blank updates every now and then up until september.

Still waiting for the approval.

I sent the "In Canada Case Specific Enquiry" on october 26th and I got a response on Nov 17th.

Doesn't say anything other than "The application has been received and is in queue to be processed".

Same boat! May 29 applicant. Still waiting in pain!

Ehsan_UW

Nov 19, 2015
I applied on May 16 for PGWP. Nothing so far, not even the request for the $100 extra fee, although I paid it online and sent through CSE last week. All people around me who applied late May and even June have received their PGWP :(

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I applied on June 26th for my PGWP and still waiting. I am currently working full time. My study permit and TRV are valid until July 2016.

1. Can I travel with my study permit and TRV?
2. Once I get the PGWP should I apply for new TRV immediately or I can use the old TRV (based on study permit) until it is valid?
3. Is TRV based on study permit and work permit different?

Thanks

ruue

Nov 20, 2015
I applied May 16 and still nothing yet. I contacted the MP's office last Friday so hopefully l will hear something. I only paid 155 and did not know about the extra 100 should l wait for the request or l can pay it? My time line is as follows

Application :May 16
Amount Paid: 155
Black Update: August 4
Still waiting ..... :( :( :( :( :( :(
No Request for extra fee :( :( :( :( :(

ruue

Nov 20, 2015
Ehsan_UW said:
I applied on May 16 for PGWP. Nothing so far, not even the request for the $100 extra fee, although I paid it online and sent through CSE last week. All people around me who applied late May and even June have received their PGWP :(
Am a May 16th if it makes you feel better am still waiting as well. No request for fee no nothing :( :( :(

Nov 7, 2015
Sorry you guys are still waiting. I applied May 28th with the $255 and haven't heard a thing either. In calling CIC, they told me it is due to "standard document verification" delays, and that there is no problem with my application. The whole process is making me reconsider paying my taxes this year ;)

memehn

Oct 29, 2015
may2015 said:
Applied: May 25 (full amount paid)

Called CIC a lot of times and they told me everything in my application seemed okay, they sent a request to CIC a month ago and still nothing. Contacted MP twice and was told that due to a technical issue May and June applicants are experiencing delays. All my friends who applied during this period received their PGWP except for me.

Is there anyone left from May who is still waiting? This is really frustrating and I feel like I'm not going to get it anytime soon. I lost hope.

Any ideas on how else we can contact them? :-[
Hi you are not alone, I applied in May too, still waiting. I heard the same reason fro CIC too.

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
I've been waiting for the mail delivery of my PGWP for 2 weeks now. I've been approved on Nov 9th.
I called CIC today and they said that they will only take actions if I haven't recieved my PGWP throught the mail within 6 weeks.

According to the timeline being tracked by jubear, it seems that mail delivery is taking about a week...

On top of the long wait for approval, it looks like I need to wait more.
Btw, I asked service canada todat if i can renew my SIN with just the confirmation of approval from mycic website and they said no. I need to wait for the work permit but I should be able to start working. For service Canada this is called "Assumed status".

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Hi all.Just came across this forum.Have gone through all the postings here and it seems my case is unique and i hope not hopeless.I applied for my PGWP on 2nd June but unfortunately i applied in ignorance with a passport due to expire in September 2015. I renewed the passport in October and on 1st November uploaded the new passport through CSE.Right from June till now, nothing from CIC. Can refuse my application based on this passport issue.I am worried.

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Guys... I sent an email to my MP (Fort McMurray - Athabasca) last week on Wednesday morning. I received a call the same day in the afternoon saying that they want to talk to me in person. i will go next Wednesday to talk to my MP David Yurdiga. i will take all the documents that i sent to CIC for the application. I hope he can find a solution to this nightmare.

If you guys have any recommendation i will appreciate.

Guillecr
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: Monthly
Current Status: Been informed by Immigration officer at the airport that it has been approved on Oct 27th...

Until now i'm still waiting an update in my CIC account.

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Am i the only one who is seeing MYCIC server got crashed ??

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
kennykay said:
Hi all.Just came across this forum.Have gone through all the postings here and it seems my case is unique and i hope not hopeless.I applied for my PGWP on 2nd June but unfortunately i applied in ignorance with a passport due to expire in September 2015. I renewed the passport in October and on 1st November uploaded the new passport through CSE.Right from June till now, nothing from CIC. Can refuse my application based on this passport issue.I am worried.
it depends did they change the passport file in your application.
i dont wanna scare you but, for example for me, when I sent a receipt for 100$ fee 3(!) times through CSE it was attached only on third one and I never heard back from them. So I called CIC a few times to figure out is a receipt attached or not.
So I really think it would be a good idea to call CIC and talk about that situation with them.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
shubham710 said:
Am i the only one who is seeing MYCIC server got crashed ??
me too, says they are down on my cic and also on twitter..

i keep hoping these down times for maintenance will fix some error in our delayed files and hopefully come through with approvals but probably wishful thinking

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
guillecr said:
Guys... I sent an email to my MP (Fort McMurray - Athabasca) last week on Wednesday morning. I received a call the same day in the afternoon saying that they want to talk to me in person. i will go next Wednesday to talk to my MP David Yurdiga. i will take all the documents that i sent to CIC for the application. I hope he can find a solution to this nightmare.

If you guys have any recommendation i will appreciate.

Guillecr
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: Monthly
Current Status: Been informed by Immigration officer at the airport that it has been approved on Oct 27th...

Until now i'm still waiting an update in my CIC account.
Same here, May 2nd applicant, been confirmed by both MP and CIC agent that my application has been approved on Nov 1st. I still see no update on my CIC account online, and was told the work permit is in the process of being printed.