I got pgwp approval on Oct 28th

Zhang624
Applied: April 27th
Blank Update: July 7th, August 9th
Pay $100: Oct23rd
PGWP Approval: Oct 29th
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 6months and 2 days
I contact the mp near my area a week ago, his assiant is really helpful, he told me if no new until this thursday, I call him back. I called him this morning and after 2 hours, he said its approved and its on it way to my home. Just remember contact ur mp, they have way to talk to the person in charge of PGWK. A friend of mine apply on April 24th, its still no new on that. So she called CIC yesterday, and they said since u didnt pay the $100, she been rejected and have to apply again, But she paid 100 on Sep, and nothing on her CIC account, I have no idea how the call center said that, and where they got all the false information. Anyway, I just waiting my PGWK and good luck everyone.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Dear fellows!
Could you please all write where you live, name of your MP and some contact info? And was it helpful to contact them or not.
Let's try to help each other.

It's really nice to read that someone got help from MPs but very upsetting that I cannot contact MP in my area cause he's basically isn't working now.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
I Graduated from London,On - MP name : Irene Mathyssen (Fanshawe)
email : irene.mathyssen@parl.gc.ca
Twitter @irenemathyssen

Few days back I tweeted my MP regarding the delay of my PGWP she replied me back after few days "Unfortunately, long delays across the entire department.Send an email with particulars to: irene.mathyssen@par.gc.ca " I have emailed my MP and hoping for the best..

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
Hello All,

My update:

Applied: May 15th
Blank Update: Monthly
Paid $100: October 14th Through CSE
$100 Request Letter: October 29th (Submit PDF Receipt to MyCIC on October 29th)
Current Status: Waiting Processing

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Hi All,
I just got off the line with a cic call agent and she told me that my application on June 10 is under a review. My understanding is that this is the same case with the other applicants here who mentioned that theirs was sent for an additional review. Sad news is her informing me that she can't make any input or reminders until a 4 month period has elapsed. Upon conclusion of the call, she sent me an email about the work conditions for transitioning to a PGWP which states that we are free to work full time if at the time of application, we had a valid study permit. Main issue here is that my study permit which was issued in 2013 had the conditions restraining me from working on or off campus due to the nature of my studies. I have made up my mind to start applying as from Monday regardless of this issue. Please what are the requirements for obtaining a SIN number. my study permit expires Oct 30 and I am unsure if i would be able to get the SIN. Insights would be greatly appreciated.

On a second note, I tweeted at Bill Monreau of Toronto Center yesterday and he replied me with his email and I have lodged my complains to him. As back up I am also trying to obtain the contact info for two other MPs close to me in case Bill is not forthcoming. I just cant bear another 4 month wait period without income.

I suggest all who are in a similar situation to contact their respective MPs or MPs close to their location for help. It has proven to be an effective route.

I wish this gets sorted soon. The wait is really painful. Good Luck to all.

kinkiww

Oct 22, 2015
nuendo said:
Hi All,
I just got off the line with a cic call agent and she told me that my application on June 10 is under a review. My understanding is that this is the same case with the other applicants here who mentioned that theirs was sent for an additional review. Sad news is her informing me that she can't make any input or reminders until a 4 month period has elapsed. Upon conclusion of the call, she sent me an email about the work conditions for transitioning to a PGWP which states that we are free to work full time if at the time of application, we had a valid study permit. Main issue here is that my study permit which was issued in 2013 had the conditions restraining me from working on or off campus due to the nature of my studies. I have made up my mind to start applying as from Monday regardless of this issue. Please what are the requirements for obtaining a SIN number. my study permit expires Oct 30 and I am unsure if i would be able to get the SIN. Insights would be greatly appreciated.

On a second note, I tweeted at Bill Monreau of Toronto Center yesterday and he replied me with his email and I have lodged my complains to him. As back up I am also trying to obtain the contact info for two other MPs close to me in case Bill is not forthcoming. I just cant bear another 4 month wait period without income.

I suggest all who are in a similar situation to contact their respective MPs or MPs close to their location for help. It has proven to be an effective route.

I wish this gets sorted soon. The wait is really painful. Good Luck to all.
unfortunately, I don't think you can get your SIN with a Study Permit is going to expire today. You can only wait for the PGWP.

memehn

Oct 29, 2015
Hi guys, I applied on May 15...Even didn't get the letter requesting $100 yet.
I noticed lot of you contacted you MP, wonder how did you imply in your email? I am so confused to ask since I am not sure if these people do really know anything about our application.

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Applied: May 28th
Blank Update: (once in August)
Current Status: Waiting as of October 29th (day 153)

I have tried to contact an agent using the call center: 888-242-2100. However, all i get is the recorded message, and when I try to press 0 I get: "please select a valid action"
I tried to contact my MP: Dzerowicz, Julie (but her contact info are not online and she doesn't respond on twitter and Facebook)

Can anyone tell me how I can get a CIC representative on the phone?
Has anyone the contact info of a MP in Toronto?

Thank you

pgwp2015

Oct 21, 2015
Pratavetrik said:
Well, I haven't received the request either. Just did the same thing you did.

Contacted MP - no answer. Contacted PM even, back in the day - received a reply that they cannot do anything and forwarded my inquiry to Minister of Immigration. No answer.

There is no way out of it.
i am just waiting for MP to resume the office..would contact him then ..tried contacting 2 of the MP's (one where i live and one where my school was) but in both cases their office isn't set up yet..anyone with +ve experience with MP's (in Burlington, Ontario or Mississauga (clarkson region), Ontario) please share the contacts of the MP's...thanks a lot guys..someone on forum wrote their friend's permit was rejected (stating the 100$ wasnt paid) even though they paid the 100$ fee..really scary..

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
Hello Post Followers.
Just finished talking with CIC. I told her about my status i.e May 8th applicant and informed about the application going past processing time on 2nd oct.
Response I Got "We do not have any update on your status (as expected) as of today. If u still do not get any update from CIC until 25th NOV. call us again. Thank You"
176 Days today for me. 2 of my friends received their approval on 120th day exact. CIC is really Awesome. Thy do not care about NON-Canadian Citizens.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
salimb said:
Applied: May 28th
Blank Update: (once in August)
Current Status: Waiting as of October 29th (day 153)

I have tried to contact an agent using the call center: 888-242-2100. However, all i get is the recorded message, and when I try to press 0 I get: "please select a valid action"
I tried to contact my MP: Dzerowicz, Julie (but her contact info are not online and she doesn't respond on twitter and Facebook)

Can anyone tell me how I can get a CIC representative on the phone?
Has anyone the contact info of a MP in Toronto?

Thank you
To talk to agent , press 40 just after calling 888-242-2100. You will be placed on hold . Best time to reach call centre is mrng arnd 8:00 am .

zwj1990623

Sep 14, 2015
Batman4789 said:
did they say all the MAY applicants will be given permit by Nov 21? really ????
YES, thats my MP said, but who's knows if its real, CIC ppl aren't the honest ppl in the world. we will see

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
zwj1990623 said:
YES, thats my MP said, but who's knows if its real, CIC ppl aren't the honest ppl in the world. we will see
CIC agent also suggested me to call back if i dont get any update by nov 25

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Chatha94 said:
CIC agent also suggested me to call back if i dont get any update by nov 25
I guess they just say this to buy time. There were posts by forum members back in August that they were told to call back if the don't get updates by october, well it is almost November now. This was for people who applied in May. Seems like most of them (including me) are still waiting.

I contacted my MP, Winnipeg south, and I have got no response.

Slimteddy

Oct 26, 2015
zhang624 said:
Hello,

I got pgwp approval on Oct 28th

Zhang624
Applied: April 27th
Blank Update: July 7th, August 9th
Pay $100: Oct23rd
PGWP Approval: Oct 29th
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 6months and 2 days

I contact the mp near my area a week ago, his assiant is really helpful, he told me if no new until this thursday, I call him back. I called him this morning and after 2 hours, he said its approved and its on it way to my home. Just remember contact ur mp, they have way to talk to the person in charge of PGWK. A friend of mine apply on April 24th, its still no new on that. So she called CIC yesterday, and they said since u didnt pay the $100, she been rejected and have to apply again, But she paid 100 on Sep, and nothing on her CIC account, I have no idea how the call center said that, and where they got all the false information. Anyway, I just waiting my PGWK and good luck everyone.
Hi Zhang624,

I just want to clarify, your friend literally rejected by CIC due to failure of $100 payment or he/she just been told it's rejected according to call centre agent?