Blank Update: Monthly
Current Status: Waiting

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NT2015 said:
Jubear,

This is my last update. I receive my PGWP today Oct,16.

Applied: May 15th
Paid $100: Sept 21st
Blank Update: Monthly
PGWP Approval: Oct 9th
Mail Delivery: Oct 16th
Total Processing Time: 155 days (From submission to mail delivery)

I has a note: "document issued to passport expiry, must be renewed for further extensions"
My PGWP's length was cut off due to passport expiry. So this mean I can redeem this anytime after I renew my passport ?
NT2015,

Absolutely. Once you renew your passport, which you should soon, you can then reapply to extend your PGWP up to the right date. Congratulations.

Cheers!

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Ok I am here to update my last one. I got the mail today as Oct 16th.

Good Luck to everyone. I hope everyone will get soon.

Cohenbrother
Applied: May 13th
Paid $100: Sept 17th
Blank Update: N/A
PGWP Approval: Oct 8th
Mail Delivery: Oct 16th
Total Processing Time: 144 days (From submission to approval)

Jiliyuan1984

Aug 6, 2015
Here is my timeline.(even though mine is closed work permit with my wife's owp)also 4months waiting.

Applied: June 16th
Paid : Full fee
Update emails: Twice
PGWP Approval: Oct 16th
Mail Delivery: Still waiting

We are so exited we can go back home soon!

Mark484

Jul 16, 2013
Here is my timeline.
Applied: June 3rd
Paid : Full fee ($155 and $100)
PGWP Approval: Still waiting
Mail Delivery: Still waiting

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

fish0a0

Sep 17, 2015
Hi guys:
I finally got online approved and the approval letter today!!
After my MP told me my application has been approved, I wait another 2 weeks to get the online update. here is my timeline

Applied: April 15th
Blank Update: July 21st, Oct 03
Request for $100: Sept 14th
PGWP Approval: MP says On Oct 2nd, Online approved on Oct 16th

For me, its exactly half year, I need to thank all of you guys' information. Hope you all get approve soon!!!

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a question, I applied for my PGWP and realised that on my transcript my middle name is spelled incorrectly, there is one letter error, instead of 'e', its an 'i'. Do you think this would pose a problem for the approval process?

Im really tensed. :-[

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stefanovic said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question, I applied for my PGWP and realised that on my transcript my middle name is spelled incorrectly, there is one letter error, instead of 'e', its an 'i'. Do you think this would pose a problem for the approval process?

Im really tensed. :-[
not really but your name might be as same as your application....not a big issue...hope for the best good luck.. :)

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Thanks for the update guys. Having seen the recent processing times, one has to really say that no one really understands how the CIC functions or what their aims are with these applications.

I applied June 10 , and got a two blank updates in August and till now no word from CIC. I see people here in Mid may still waiting so it even seems awkward to complain. However, a significant number of June applicants have already gotten theirs which is a bit unsettling for other who applied earlier.

From what I have observed the guys who go through the "MP" route have achieved considerable amount of success just as the guys who went through the flagpoling route. I want to please ask those who have contacted their MP's to please elaborate on how they went about it.

Do we have to wait till the website stipulated dates which they are working on is exhausted before we seek the help of the MP?
I am currently in a very desperate position as my study permit and visa expires this October as well as my cash ( spent the pat 4 months unemployed and paying rent and making other expenses )

Please any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks .

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stefanovic said:
Am11 thanks for the reply. :)
no prob Stefanovic your welcome ...but you can let them know about the mistake, which is always good to let them know..
hope for the best.. :)

stinson24

Sep 9, 2015
nuendo said:
Thanks for the update guys. Having seen the recent processing times, one has to really say that no one really understands how the CIC functions or what their aims are with these applications.

I applied June 10 , and got a two blank updates in August and till now no word from CIC. I see people here in Mid may still waiting so it even seems awkward to complain. However, a significant number of June applicants have already gotten theirs which is a bit unsettling for other who applied earlier.

From what I have observed the guys who go through the "MP" route have achieved considerable amount of success just as the guys who went through the flagpoling route. I want to please ask those who have contacted their MP's to please elaborate on how they went about it.

Do we have to wait till the website stipulated dates which they are working on is exhausted before we seek the help of the MP?
I am currently in a very desperate position as my study permit and visa expires this October as well as my cash ( spent the pat 4 months unemployed and paying rent and making other expenses )

Please any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks .

Well the MP approach depends on how proactive or involved your MP is. Mine literally just called the same cal centre as everyone else and relayed the info I already knew. I applied May 11th and I'm still waiting. I tried flag poling in July but I was rejected after waiting 5 hours (they said I needed to bring more than just official transcript meanwhile the person that followed me brought just that and got her permit) apparently it depends on who you meet at the border. Some CBSA officers are more strict than the others. I am in similar shoes with you. My permit expires November 30th and I'm unemployed plus I have to renew my visa soon because I have a family event in the first week of December outside Canada. My advice for you is to inform your MP and then cross your fingers and hope.

hobo420

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
I applied on june 26th. still waiting. The whole system is fucked up. cic just assume us could be survival being unemployed up to 4 month. hope the new gov won't be too retarded as the conservative one. why do they treat us like a piece of shit.

hobo420

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
hobo420 said:
I applied on june 26th. still waiting. The whole system is *censored word* up. cic just assume us could be survival being unemployed up to 4 month. hope the new gov won't be too retarded as the conservative one. why do they treat us like a piece of *censored word*.
a story from my buddy who is still waiting for pgwp. he is holding a old study permit just finished his engineering program. because he didn't have a valid work permit, no body wants to hire him. eventually he doesn't have any money to be survived so he decided to be an illegal worker washing dishes in a asian restaurant. he got pushed to be illegal by cic. he told me his dream becoming an engineer everyday but he's washing dishes now. something need to be changed instead of screwing up someone's life. even the bc bug is still high like hell . we have to change. something is literally fucked up.