+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
cool90 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied my PGWP on June 23 .. got 2 blank updates last week and finally it say approved today.

Well when i click on check messages it still says open status.

Is it the same way for anybody else. And how many days it normally take for mail to arrive.

Thanks.
For me, it says closed. However, if you got a message with application number, validity dates and document number, I would not worry if says status open.

BPOSITIVE786

Sep 30, 2015
jubear said:
BPOSITIVE786,

I have no idea how long that takes. Most people who call are sometimes told that same thing. So I personally see it as a way for buying themselves time. Just remain patient. If not, then contact your MP.

Cheers!
Hello Jubear,

Thank you very much for answering my question. I already have contacted MP. They have been trying but it hasn't been working out yet.

lviva

Feb 4, 2015
Feeling really confused..some people who applied mid or end of June received their PGWPs today but I have no news of my application made on May 29th. Approaching the end of the 5th month. This is getting freaking ridiculous!!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ202020 said:
Hello Jubear, Any ideas on our online payment receipt? The is no place to put the client information. Just a barcode and the payment information. Should we write the client information on a different paper and attached or call cic? I haven't seen any colleague here raise that issue. please help.
JJ202020,

If you mean UCI, Address, phone, etc, then all you have to do is fill in the spaces on the receipt. After that, scan and save it as a PDF. Then upload. If the space to fill in that info isn't there on the receipt, then I suggest you contact CIC agents.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonfalks,

See points 1, 2, & 3 of my reply to Guillecr on page 102 of this forum. Good luck.

Cheers!

kristianvassilev

Jan 5, 2015
I applied May 5th.
Received notification I need to pay extra $100 on Sept. 10! CIC agent told me it wasn't my fault. There was a system error and it never asked me for this work permit holder fee before.
I payed it on Sept. 12.

Nothing yet. I'm waiting for over 6 months now. My wife can't come because of that either.

Oct 15, 2015
HI Jubear,

I am new here, please add my timeline here:

Applied: May 4th
Paid $100: Aug 19th
Blank Update: July23, July 30th
Current Status: Waiting as of Oct 14th (day 163)

I have call CIC many times, and they told me they had send request to the office of my PGWP application on Sep 15th, however, NO UPDATES AT ALL!!! The call centre agent admitted that there is a long delay for my PGWP application, BUT, they told me unless my WP is still not get approved until Dec 15th, i can then call they back ask for further actions. for now, the only thing i can do is wait.

I am so frustrated because of the PGWP, it seems like my friends around me they all got approved even though they submitted the PGWP application after me. And i am the only one person around my friends that has been waited for 163 DAYS!!! :'( :'( :'(

And one more thing i cared about a lot is that i really want to go back to my country in Christmas holidays for 2 weeks, my Study permit and VISA shows that the expired date is July 30, 2016 (Next Year), could i just go back and return to Canada by using my current SP and VISA? i am not sure is it really true that the SP will be automatically expired after 90 days of the completion date of my study. and i am afraid that i can not back to Canada because of this stupid reason.

Oh, One more thing, last week i have submitted a change of address request through ONLINE according to the link that Call centre agent provided to me, will i should be receive any confirmation about the address has been changed by email or should i call the call centre again to confirm this?

Your reply is really appreciated!
Thanks!

status

Jul 8, 2015
zzzzhakunamatata said:
HI Jubear,

I have call CIC many times, and they told me they had send request to the office of my PGWP application on Sep 15th, however, NO UPDATES AT ALL!!! The call centre agent admitted that there is a long delay for my PGWP application, BUT, they told me unless my WP is still not get approved until Dec 15th, i can then call they back ask for further actions. for now, the only thing i can do is wait.

I am so frustrated because of the PGWP, it seems like my friends around me they all got approved even though they submitted the PGWP application after me. And i am the only one person around my friends that has been waited for 163 DAYS!!! :'( :'( :'(

And one more thing i cared about a lot is that i really want to go back to my country in Christmas holidays for 2 weeks, my Study permit and VISA shows that the expired date is July 30, 2016 (Next Year), could i just go back and return to Canada by using my current SP and VISA? i am not sure is it really true that the SP will be automatically expired after 90 days of the completion date of my study. and i am afraid that i can not back to Canada because of this stupid reason.

Oh, One more thing, last week i have submitted a change of address request through ONLINE according to the link that Call centre agent provided to me, will i should be receive any confirmation about the address has been changed by email or should i call the call centre again to confirm this?

Thanks!

If your Visa is expiring in July next year then you can go to your home country and come back to Canada very easily, since your application for PGWP is in process they cannot deny you the entry to Canada at all, also you will be ok till then. and hopefully will get your WP before that. Go n enjoy ur Xmas with family.

Matteo1987

Sep 28, 2015
Hi everyone,

I applied on June 25th and I'm still waiting. I left Canada one month after I applied and I've just seen that I haven't changed my address and phone number
Now CIC says that "If you do not tell CIC or the visa office of your change of address, important documents could be delayed or lost. This could cause your application to be refused. "
The point is, I know a person who still lives in my old apartment, and she can receive the "piece of paper" for me.
The question is, is it worth to start a new ( perhaps ) never ending sort of application to let CIC know that I'm currently residing in my home country, or I can just let the things as they are and receive my Visa at my old canadian address? Is it a real risk of being refused ?
To me it sounds more complicated to let them know about the change, and it may only cause additional delay, so I'd prefer to keep waiting without adding more stress tho that I already have

Thanks for your suggestions

Good luck to everyone who's waiting

WIND123

Sep 26, 2015
zzzzhakunamatata said:
HI Jubear,

Thanks!
I am on the same boat...applied on 4th May...I think you may want to check with CIC agent again to make sure your address is changed.

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
Hello guys. I am one of those who are waiting for PGWP for a very long time. I have been checking my cic account every 2 hours for more than a month now just to see if i got any update. now i really feel very frustrated and demoralized. I need this permit very badly so could go back home and spend some time with my family coz it has been a long time i haven't seen them. But it seems like the cic does not understand the situation we as applicants have to go through. Congratulations to all those who have received their permits already and m really happy for u guys.
I also wanna know if there is any possible way to leave this country and come back without having any issues without your PGWP as my visa and study permit is already expired since 30th July.
thanks to Jubear for maintaining this threat as this has been a helpful discussion forum to understand whats going on with other fellas...........

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone ,
Is there anyone who has received a PGWP after completing a 8 or 10 months study programme and for how long they have issued your PGWp .
Because i am planning to apply after completion of my programme which is in Nov 2015. Any experience , idea or help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks In advance guys !!
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Matteo1987

Sep 28, 2015
Hey Guys! I finally got approved today !!

Here's my time line

Applied online: June 25th

paid 255 all together

approval : October 15th

on my CIC profile it shows approved and status is closed, but there's no like a document to download. What happens next? Will they mail me the Work Permit at the address I provided them with? Will they also send me a document on my email ?

Thanks a lot !!

BPOSITIVE786

Sep 30, 2015
Hello Status,

I think your inbox is full so I cant send you more msgs. Give me heads up once you empty your inbox so I can send msg.

Thanks