AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
My timeline:

Applied (paid $255) : 12th May 2015:
Waiting as on 19th October 2015 with no changes to online application ever during past 5 months.

Though I have a full time job since past few months and employer has no issue with the delay, the timeline as posted for all the people in forum is so frustrating.
It clearly shows there is no streamline process with CIC and applications are accepted/approved/rejected irrespective of when you applied. Clearly there are people who applied after me and got their application approved.

I just hope to get it soon. This is frustrating to wait despite working as I can't make trip outside Canada (minus USA) with expired TRV.

Keep updating this timeline. Really helps.

Also, if someone can help me by sharing on how to get through CIC call center to speak to an actual human representative and not stupid automated messages, I would really appreciate the help.

Angela.Bunny

Oct 7, 2015
Hi, Here's my timeline

Applied: May 3rd
Confirmation of submission received: May 4th
Paid another $100: Aug 18th
Called in the call send to send a notification to the visa center regarding my application: Sep 18th (proved to be useless)
Called MP for help: Oct 14th (MP called in CIC)
Received another request letter asking for a graduation letter: Oct 15th (It means that MP works!)
My CIC account shows "Final decision has been made, this application has been approved" Oct 19th morning.
However, no email confirmation yet.

I agree we should go public regarding this whole PGWP thing. I cannot imagine how did I go through this. Yes, CIC was causing me financial and mental trouble. Lots of pressure and crying every day. Thankfully I found a great MP who really helps! Good luck everybody, hope all this frustration ends as soon as possible.

hobo420

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
i'm ready to be a certified ganja farmer. there should be no race no judge only peace and love. the immigration system is retarded and it must be optimized. whatever, i got a bowl of green.

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Angela.Bunny said:
Hi, Here's my timeline

Applied: May 3rd
Confirmation of submission received: May 4th
Paid another $100: Aug 18th
Called in the call send to send a notification to the visa center regarding my application: Sep 18th (proved to be useless)
Called MP for help: Oct 14th (MP called in CIC)
Received another request letter asking for a graduation letter: Oct 15th (It means that MP works!)
My CIC account shows "Final decision has been made, this application has been approved" Oct 19th morning.
However, no email confirmation yet.

I agree we should go public regarding this whole PGWP thing. I cannot imagine how did I go through this. Yes, CIC was causing me financial and mental trouble. Lots of pressure and crying every day. Thankfully I found a great MP who really helps! Good luck everybody, hope all this frustration ends as soon as possible.

Hi Please, Do you have any Idea why they requested fr your graduation letter ??? I applied using my certificate itself and with the way these guys at cic behave , no one know if they specifically require a graduation letter or transcript.

I also agree with finding a way to alert the pubic/govt about the back log ( which may not be a random occurrence or as a result of too many applications).

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuendo said:
Hi Please, Do you have any Idea why they requested fr your graduation letter ??? I applied using my certificate itself and with the way these guys at cic behave , no one know if they specifically require a graduation letter or transcript.

I also agree with finding a way to alert the pubic/govt about the back log ( which may not be a random occurrence or as a result of too many applications).
Nuendo,

Either an Official Transcript or Confirmation Letter of graduation from your college/university is one of the requirements. A certificate isn't one of them. Good luck.

Cheers!

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
jubear said:
Nuendo,

Either an Official Transcript or Confirmation Letter of graduation from your college/university is one of the requirements. A certificate isn't one of them. Good luck.

Cheers!
Thanks Jubear, I was under the impression that my certificate would do. What do you suggest I do about it ? I am already applying right away. How do I contact them about the issue. Really appreciate your input.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Members of Parliament

Hello Everyone,

As a reminder, the Parliament of Canada website will be updated tomorrow (Oct 20, 2015) for the 42nd Parliament. Therefore, from tomorrow and the next 4 years, know your new MP as quickly as possible. Its important not only for a WP, but also for your PR and anything else that matters to you.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuendo said:
Thanks Jubear, I as under the impression that my certificate would do. What do you suggest I do about it ? I am already applying right away. How do I contact them about the issue. Really appreciate your input.
Nuendo,

I'm not so sure. However, the CSE might be of good help here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.63908399.108801500.1431902909.

You can scan your transcipt or letter as a PDF and then upload it. Type a precise message (in message box) explaining your reason for sending a CSE. Good luck.

Cheers!

nkhorasi

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-9-2016
Nomination.....
19-8-2016
AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
Can anyone help me on how to get in touch with a CIC representative on phone? I always dial the toll free number to no success in getting touch with them. All I hear is automated replies. Any input will be really helpful.

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
jubear said:
Nuendo,

You can scan your transcipt or letter as a PDF and then upload it. Type a precise message (in message box) explaining your reason for sending a CSE. Good luck.

Cheers!
Thanks Jubear. I would give CIC a call tomorrow to make my inquires while I wait for the transcript to come ( all the way from Calgary - Toronto).

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
nkhorasi said:
Can anyone help me on how to get in touch with a CIC representative on phone? I always dial the toll free number to no success in getting touch with them. All I hear is automated replies. Any input will be really helpful.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I applied for PGWP online on September 23. I decided to try flag-polling on October 18 because I want to help my husband get his Open Work Permit as soon as possible so that he can apply for jobs.

I went to Carway border (Alberta-Montana) on Sunday. The CBSA officer was furious that people keep coming to the border to apply for PGWP. He told me to go home and wait for CIC to make a decision. I tried to explain my situation, but he was very cold and firm. He told me applying for PGWP should not be a rushed process, people should wait as they are in implied status after submitting an online application, and people do not understand the possible consequences of applying for PGWP at the border. He even threatened me that if I insisted applying at the border, and he found something wrong with my application then he would immediately send me back to my home country. I was very scared. My husband told the officer that being sent back to our country now by CBSA or 5 months later by CIC would not be different for us if we do have to leave Canada. After that, the officer took our documents and asked us to wait in the waiting room. After one hour, we were called out of the room to pay the fees ($510). After another hour of waiting, we were given our work permits.

We got what we needed, but it was a very frightening, humiliating, and stressful experience. I don't know if CBSA officers have ever refused to process a PGWP application, but we were very close to that. I read a lot of stories about flag-polling and now realize that it is really unpredictable and all cases may be different.

In addition, it is very disappointing and frustrating that I was not able to get the $510 refund from CIC for my PGWP application and my husband's OPW application. Although our online applications were not updated (I did not receive any updates and there is no change on the status of the applications in the online page), right after obtaining our work permits at the border, I got an email from CIC stating that our permits have been approved and will be issued at the border by a CBSA officer. It was really unfair because I had to pay twice while CIC actually did not process our online applications.

That is my story. I hope it can be helpful for other members.

Wish you all best luck with your applications!

stevejulian

Dec 18, 2014
Hi, thanks Sarir11 for doing that . I would urge many applicants to go public on cbc or any news channel the more applicants we go the greater the impact we are going to have.