Here is my timeline

Juliehe

Applied: June 23rd (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Oct 8th
Current Status: Waiting as of October 20th

stevejulian

Dec 18, 2014
Juber,
Thanks Juber for posting elections updates :)

Elections matters a lot and honestly i am so glad Liberal won the game and Canadians showed conservatives the boot.Conservatives had been extremely bad to immigration policies like -processing times PGWP and creating difficult laws for new immigrants to be become a citizen like bill C-24 that Divided us into a second class citizens.And making a Canadian citizenship as a conservative's privilege not a right I am so glad Harper era or his dictatorship has been ended .....
Hopefully new immigration minister would work better and respect we as temporary foreign residents as locals ..!!
Good luck to all !!

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
Angela.Bunny said:
Hi, Here's my timeline

Applied: May 3rd
Confirmation of submission received: May 4th
Paid another $100: Aug 18th
Called in the call send to send a notification to the visa center regarding my application: Sep 18th (proved to be useless)
Called MP for help: Oct 14th (MP called in CIC)
Received another request letter asking for a graduation letter: Oct 15th (It means that MP works!)
My CIC account shows "Final decision has been made, this application has been approved" Oct 19th morning.
However, no email confirmation yet.

I agree we should go public regarding this whole PGWP thing. I cannot imagine how did I go through this. Yes, CIC was causing me financial and mental trouble. Lots of pressure and crying every day. Thankfully I found a great MP who really helps! Good luck everybody, hope all this frustration ends as soon as possible.
Hi Angela.Bunny,

Can you tell me how to seek help from MP? Thank you.

Angela.Bunny

Oct 7, 2015
nuendo said:
Hi Please, Do you have any Idea why they requested fr your graduation letter ??? I applied using my certificate itself and with the way these guys at cic behave , no one know if they specifically require a graduation letter or transcript.

I also agree with finding a way to alert the pubic/govt about the back log ( which may not be a random occurrence or as a result of too many applications).
Well, I suggest you contact a MP right away. I know this is definitely not our fault, CIC did't make things clear at the first place. They said "Transcripts OR Graduation letter OR blablabla..." In plain English, it is "OR". But I have seen a few extreme cases online that people get refused because they didn't submit the document the visa officer want. Yes, they are very rare cases. Probably 10% chance of getting that unlucky, yet I just cannot take the risk. I contacted MP. I not only complained about the processing time, I asked him to help me settle down the transcript thing. I don't want to be rejected ridiculously. MP called in CIC. The next day I got the request letter. I uploaded and submitted. The next day I got approved.

Hope this help.

Angela.Bunny

Oct 7, 2015
Jace said:
Hi Angela.Bunny,

Can you tell me how to seek help from MP? Thank you.
It is actually very simply. I just Googled "Member of Parliament + Location". Then found the one who is closest to me.

Do not send an email cuz nobody replies. Call them. If the call is turned into voice mail, leave your name and phone number. They'll call you back. OR, you can directly go to the office if you want.

Hope this helps!

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Angela.Bunny said:
It is actually very simply. I just Googled "Member of Parliament + Location". Then found the one who is closest to me.

Do not send an email cuz nobody replies. Call them. If the call is turned into voice mail, leave your name and phone number. They'll call you back. OR, you can directly go to the office if you want.

Hope this helps!
I have returned back to my home country, Can I still mail my MP explaining my situation..! or if my friend calls on my behalf will that help.?

Thank you

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
Angela.Bunny said:

Hope this helps!

Angela.Bunny,

Thank you for you suggestion! I am waiting for the contact information, that is pending now.

bhandariji

Mar 4, 2014
It is a good idea to share the issue with CBC/gopublic.
I would also like to say that we can start a petition @ Change.org highlighting the issue of the delay in processing and the ever increasing processing time.
change.org/start-a-petition
The new parliament will be announced by Nov first week and that is two weeks from now! and i'm not sure how will the new govt impact the CIC processes.
Any thoughts ppl?

Jon_Snow

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2015
Nomination.....
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
Hi Jubear,

Thanks for sharing election updates...

I have been following this forum since a month as I am going to apply for open bridging work permit soon...

I am glade that Liberals won...

I guess its very early to predict who will be new Immigration Minister..
We should raise our concern regarding work permit processing delays as soon as the new minister come into power...how do we do that??

Its very unfortunate but students and workers are struggling a lot since last 8 months due to these delays..
Thanks....

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
bhandariji said:
It is a good idea to share the issue with CBC/gopublic.
I would also like to say that we can start a petition @ Change.org highlighting the issue of the delay in processing and the ever increasing processing time.
change.org/start-a-petition
The new parliament will be announced by Nov first week and that is two weeks from now! and i'm not sure how will the new govt impact the CIC processes.
Any thoughts ppl?
Hello Bhandariji,
I strongly agree with your opinion, Is there any one starting a petition? Please post the link here I'll sign the petition.
I am getting really impatient and desperate now..

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well most of us would be glad to hear about liberals winning but now we have to see that wili they be concerned about our concerns who are immigrants or planning to be ,international students, PGWP holders , Temporary Foreign Workers etc....Lets hope that liberals will do something positive regarding this and will not dissapoint us.
I am also glad that liberals won...Wish you all the good luck and god bless you all...Hope for the best...!! ;) ;) :)
Please share your thoughts regarding all immigration issues and try to come together for this "Long Processing Time" issue.. :)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stevejulian said:
Juber,
Thanks Juber for posting elections updates :)

Elections matters a lot and honestly i am so glad Liberal won the game and Canadians showed conservatives the boot.Conservatives had been extremely bad to immigration policies like -processing times PGWP and creating difficult laws for new immigrants to be become a citizen like bill C-24 that Divided us into a second class citizens.And making a Canadian citizenship as a conservative's privilege not a right I am so glad Harper era or his dictatorship has been ended .....
Hopefully new immigration minister would work better and respect we as temporary foreign residents as locals ..!!
Good luck to all !!

SteveJulian, Jon_Snow, Am11, Netz, Bhandariji,

Yes, these are the kind of discussions I'm looking for this week and beyond. A lot of foreign students and workers don't realize how politics is connected to our livelihoods. Politicians of the past 10 years have created very rigid immigration methods that have contributed to the current PGWP and PR debacle. A few members have mentioned the idea of going public. Others are simply quiet, which is a shame. Burying our heads in the sand and thinking that if we get a PGWP, the problem will have gone away is naive.

One day you will need a BOWP, silly LMIAs, PR, and citizenship and the same issues will arise just like now. There are thousands and thousands of international students and workers who are unhappy with the system. There are thousands and thousands of family members/refugees who are still stuck in violent political wars outside of Canada and can't get here because the previous defeated Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Chris Alexander didn't care.

If you watch the news, a Syrian Canadian family lost a child partly because of the silly rules: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/syria-migrants-canada-drowned-migrants-1.3213772.

A baby of Canadian residents was stranded in Egypt because of Canadian immigration rules: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/adam-aboushady-baby-of-canadian-residents-stranded-in-egypt-by-immigration-rules-1.2938681.

Canada deports family because their father died: http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/04/12/fathers-death-leaves-would-be-immigrant-family-out-120000.html?referrer=.

New Immigration rules by the previous government left international students behind and this is why PR for former international students has become difficult: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/new-immigration-rules-risk-leaving-international-students-behind/article22886693/

Internal reviews uncover delays and errors in Visa processing: http://thepienews.com/news/canada-internal-reviews-uncover-delays-in-visa-processing/

Former International students have been forced to live a stressful life because of PGWP processing times or else leave the country if they can't be patient due to the silly system.

I would also like to suggest using the media:
1. Create a public Twitter account.
2. Create a public Facebook account.
3. Create a public blog account; most probably WordPress.

The above media go very far and across the border. Your thoughts, ideas, and grievances will be seen and heard.

My questions to you members and all lurking viewers: For how long are you willing to bury your heads in the sand? Is Canada still the country you would like to live in?

I also suggest you read those articles above very carefully and have your say. This is serious people and its just the tip of the ice-bug.

Cheers!

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:

SteveJulian, Jon_Snow, Am11, Netz, Bhandariji,

Yes, these are the kind of discussions I'm looking for this week. A lot of foreign students and workers don't realize how politics is connected to our livelihoods. Politicians of the past 10 years have created very rigid immigration methods that have contributed to the current PGWP and PR debacle. A few members have mentioned the idea of going public. Others are simply quiet, which is a shame. Burying our heads in the sand and thinking that if we get a PGWP, the problem will have gone away is naive.

One day you will need a BOWP, silly LMIAs, PR, and citizenship and the same issues will arise just like now. There are thousands and thousands of international students and workers who are unhappy with the system. There are thousands and thousands of family members/refugees who are still stuck in violent political wars outside of Canada and can't get here because the previous defeated Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Chris Alexander didn't care.

If you watch the news, a Syrian Canadian family lost a child partly because of the silly rules: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/syria-migrants-canada-drowned-migrants-1.3213772.

A baby of Canadian residents was stranded in Egypt because of Canadian immigration rules: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/adam-aboushady-baby-of-canadian-residents-stranded-in-egypt-by-immigration-rules-1.2938681.

Canada deports family because their father died: http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/04/12/fathers-death-leaves-would-be-immigrant-family-out-120000.html?referrer=.

New Immigration rules by the previous government left international students behind and this is why PR for former international students has become difficult: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/new-immigration-rules-risk-leaving-international-students-behind/article22886693/

Former International students have been forced to live a stressful life because of PGWP processing times or else leave the country if they can't be patient due to the silly system.

I would also like to suggest using the media:
1. Create a public Twitter account.
2. Create a public Facebook account.
3. Create a public blog account; most probably WordPress.

The above media go very far and across the border. Your thoughts, ideas, and grievances will be seen and heard.

My questions to you members and all lurking viewers: For how long are you willing to bury your heads in the sand? Is Canada still the country you would like to live in?

Cheers!
8) 8) I m ..in

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
Netz said:
Hello Bhandariji,
I strongly agree with your opinion, Is there any one starting a petition? Please post the link here I'll sign the petition.
I am getting really impatient and desperate now..

I strongly agree with your ideas too. We should fight for ourselves.