Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally Got my PGWP in mail yesterday.
Total Timeline:

Applied : 10th may (paid $155)
100$ : 8th sep (on CIC notification)
PGWP approval : 21st Sep
PGWP Mail : 28th Sep (GTA Area)
Total Days : 142 days (Waiting period No fun at all )

Good Luck to everyone !!

loocyb1008

Sep 28, 2015
ndrs11 said:
I'm in a similar situation
I called CIC several times regarding this issue, and I got mixed responses.
but what they told me is that as long as I comply with the R186(f), (v) or (w) and I have a SIN number I can work even if my student permit doesn't have those remarks.
They told me that the amendment on the SP is in order to get a SIN number, which you need to work, but since I already had a SIN number because i was working on campus, then I didn't need the amendment.

I called about 7 times asking this, and I think around 5 of them told me I was able to work, and 2 told me I wasn't,
there's a lot of mixed information regarding this
I have gotten a no every time I have called, which is 3 times so far to CIC and once to border services.

I called CIC again today (my third time) and the call center agent explained the logic behind the new rule changes for working off campus a little better. He said that the rules really didn't change for study permits and working off campus, it is just now that the verification process to be able to work off campus is automatically done for study permits issued after June 1, 2014 and printed on the SP. Prior to June 1, 2014 if you had a SP then you would have had to apply for an off campus work permit to go through the verification process. So now for people who have a SP issued before June 2014 and do not have a OCWP then they still need to go through this verification process to be able to work off campus during their studies and while waiting for the PGWP. You can only go through the verification process now by amending your SP. You have to amend it before it is expired. They were issuing letters of confirmation but they have discontinued doing that. The CIC call center agent emailed me the Correction of Immigration Document form. He said that the processing time is only 1 month and is free to do.

I also asked if I am still ok to work on campus since those were the terms of my SP and he said yes I am still ok to work on campus.

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
mohsin9055 said:
Same is the case with me. Applied online on may 15th. Got request for 100 dollars on sept 21st. Paid them on the same date.Now my status is coming provided the document which they wanted i mean attached the receipt to the application. Also its charged on my credit card. It takes a week for the receivement of the payment. I think hopefully we will be getting good news about approval.
One thing I am sure about the CIC working process is if we don't pay full amount they required for the first time, they will put our applicant aside and keep doing the next one. They will let us 7 days to do this and return to process in one day ( which I do statistically and believe it is around 2-3 weeks). I hope it could be faster because we are on the right track which CIC are coming toward us (they are reaching the 8th May applicants or even 10th May applicants ). I m not so sure 100% about CIC but I believe they keep processing forward and then return to review delayed applicant which make the whole system so mess. Remember there thousands of applicants outside the forum suffer the same problem so there is no way for CIC to speed it up man :'(

One more thing I want to share with you. The receipt I upload shows no service ( Open Work permit holder fee ) but just only the amount of $100. I have the receipt number with R # and my status document is PROVIDED like yours. DO you have the same thing as mine???

Skylene

Sep 29, 2015
I'm new in this Forum,thought i should share my experience. I applied on July 3rd, paid $255. Still waiting, No blank email, Nothing yet. It's day 88 :'(

arachsaloi

Aug 24, 2015
Hi all,

FINALLY!! My application has been approved!!

Applied: May 13th
Request for 100$: September 16th
Approval: September 29th

Thanks everybody for your help and support! Good luck to everybody else still waiting!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afshu said:
Thank for you kind effort boys and girls

BOWP NOT PGWP... but this will help us all to track timings.

Applied on : 27 may 2015
Last update : 03 Sep 2015
Fee : All fees paid on day of applied $255
Approval : 29 Sep 2015
Duration : 126 Days.. Including Last day.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF YOU.... GOD IS ALWAYS WITH US.
Afshu,

The timelines on this specific forum are for only men and women who have recently applied for a PGWP.

If you wish to use BOWP forum for boys and girls please do find it at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-april-applicants-t305785.300.html. Good luck.

Cheers!

thunderbird22

Sep 29, 2015
Im new in this forum.Tis is my timeline.
Applied: June 08 ( full amount)
Blank updates: August 15, Aug 19

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Skylene said:
I'm new in this Forum,thought i should share my experience. I applied on July 3rd, paid $255. Still waiting, No blank email, Nothing yet. It's day 88 :'(
I have applied on July 5th Online Application, yet to get a reply. How did you apply paper or Online. Thanks, DN

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Skylene said:
I applied online
Ok Thanks, We are in Same phase, keep update here ...

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
HI all,

MY PGWP application has been approved today.

Applied: May 15th , 2015

Request for $100 dollars: 21st Sept, 2015

Paid through MY CIC : 21st Sept, 2015

Charged on my credit card : 22nd Sept, 2015
Approved: Exactly after one week : 29th Sept, 2015

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
AnkitPandya said:
Thank you AnkitPandya, I just called CIC and spoke with an agent about my application situation. He looked through my file and with an element of surprise in his tone, told me he doesn't know why it hasn't been processed. He will send a message to get someone look at my files asap.

Day 151 and counting :(

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
lady0421 said:
Thank you AnkitPandya, I just called CIC and spoke with an agent about my application situation. He looked through my file and with an element of surprise in his tone, told me he doesn't know why it hasn't been processed. He will send a message to get someone look at my files asap.

Day 151 and counting :(
lady, lets share news

I am in the same situation, they told me last Friday that they will ask somebody for looking at my application asap. Nothing so far.

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
chiliwilli said:
lady, lets share news

I am in the same situation, they told me last Friday that they will ask somebody for looking at my application asap. Nothing so far.
Day 150 still counting. They told me same before 3.5 weeks and i am still waiting for them to look into it.