+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
I applied on May15th, paid only $155. Got multiple blank updated several times since then. I just received the message require for extra payment of $100 last week ( sep 21) and also paid this amount on the same day through MYCIC account ( upload the receipt under the blue link "view my documents").

HAVE NO IDEA NEXT!!! A WEEK SINCE THEN! anybody have the same problem?

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
NT2015 said:
I applied on May15th, paid only $155. Got multiple blank updated several times since then. I just received the message require for extra payment of $100 last week ( sep 21) and also paid this amount on the same day through MYCIC account ( upload the receipt under the blue link "view my documents").

HAVE NO IDEA NEXT!!! A WEEK SINCE THEN! anybody have the same problem?
I applied on May 4th. I got request for 100 dollars on Aug 19th. I am still waiting to hear from them. My friends are also waiting. They had received request for 100 dollars one day before me. They had applied around 1st May
Thanks
Ankit

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Ok I see that Jubear will update other members' status so I would like to join the list
Mine is:

Applied: May 15th (only paid $155)
Blank update: Monthly
Request for $100: Sep 21 (through online payment ->upload receipt on My CIC)
Current status: waiting as of September 28 (day 137)

as go over the list, I notice that my status is the same as member mohsin9055. ;D

loocyb1008

Sep 28, 2015
I have a couple of questions about being able to work while waiting for the pgwp. This is my first time posting to this forum. I have a study permit that was issued before June 2014 and so it does not state on my study permit one of the two following statements:

1) May work 20 hrs per week off-campus or full-time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in section 186(v) of IRPR
2) May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria

When I called CIC I was told that I am NOT eligible to work off campus while I wait to receive my pgwp since my sp was issued before June 2014 and so would not (and does not) have these permissions printed on it. I also have never gotten an off-campus work permit. They did tell me that I could apply to have my sp amended, which is free, but it looks like the processing time is 6 months (please correct me if I am wrong about that). I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem with their sp that was issued before June 2014 and wanting to work off campus and if the processing time for amending the sp is really 6 months? Does anyone know if I would still be eligible to continue working on campus for my department while I wait?

I applied for the pgwp on Sept 17, 2015 and I received a blank update the next day. I do currently have a SIN because I was working on campus (which I do have permission to do) and it is valid until the same date as my sp. Also I really appreciate that this forum exists and it gives me a better idea of how long people are waiting to get their pgwp!

skelty

Jul 16, 2015
Hi friends,

PGWP arrived in the mail today, My complete timeline:

Applied: May 20th (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: July 31st, Aug 6th
PGWP Approval: Sept 21st
Mail Delivery: Sept 28

Thanks to jubear for all of your help and best wishes to everyone!

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
loocyb1008 said:
I have a couple of questions about being able to work while waiting for the pgwp. This is my first time posting to this forum. I have a study permit that was issued before June 2014 and so it does not state on my study permit one of the two following statements:

1) May work 20 hrs per week off-campus or full-time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in section 186(v) of IRPR
2) May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria

When I called CIC I was told that I am NOT eligible to work off campus while I wait to receive my pgwp since my sp was issued before June 2014 and so would not (and does not) have these permissions printed on it. I also have never gotten an off-campus work permit. They did tell me that I could apply to have my sp amended, which is free, but it looks like the processing time is 6 months (please correct me if I am wrong about that). I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem with their sp that was issued before June 2014 and wanting to work off campus and if the processing time for amending the sp is really 6 months? Does anyone know if I would still be eligible to continue working on campus for my department while I wait?

I applied for the pgwp on Sept 17, 2015 and I received a blank update the next day. I do currently have a SIN because I was working on campus (which I do have permission to do) and it is valid until the same date as my sp. Also I really appreciate that this forum exists and it gives me a better idea of how long people are waiting to get their pgwp!
I'm in a similar situation
I called CIC several times regarding this issue, and I got mixed responses.
but what they told me is that as long as I comply with the R186(f), (v) or (w) and I have a SIN number I can work even if my student permit doesn't have those remarks.
They told me that the amendment on the SP is in order to get a SIN number, which you need to work, but since I already had a SIN number because i was working on campus, then I didn't need the amendment.

I called about 7 times asking this, and I think around 5 of them told me I was able to work, and 2 told me I wasn't,
there's a lot of mixed information regarding this

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Got my permit in mail today.

applied : 10th may (paid $155)
100$ : 8th sep
PGWP approval : 21st Sep
PGWP Mail : 28th Sep

I wish all the best to everyone.

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
Same is the case with me. Applied online on may 15th. Got request for 100 dollars on sept 21st. Paid them on the same date.Now my status is coming provided the document which they wanted i mean attached the receipt to the application. Also its charged on my credit card. It takes a week for the receivement of the payment. I think hopefully we will be getting good news about approval.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
ndrs11 said:
I'm in a similar situation
I called CIC several times regarding this issue, and I got mixed responses.
but what they told me is that as long as I comply with the R186(f), (v) or (w) and I have a SIN number I can work even if my student permit doesn't have those remarks.
They told me that the amendment on the SP is in order to get a SIN number, which you need to work, but since I already had a SIN number because i was working on campus, then I didn't need the amendment.

I called about 7 times asking this, and I think around 5 of them told me I was able to work, and 2 told me I wasn't,
there's a lot of mixed information regarding this
Hi guys

I have in front of me a letter dated 27/06/2014
Title: CONFIRMATION TO WORK OFF CAMPUS
"This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Cititzenship and Inmigration Canada. This confirms your request for verification of eligibility to work off campus under... blablabla"

Why you dont ask for that confirmation letter??

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiliwilli said:
Hi guys

I have in front of me a letter dated 27/06/2014
Title: CONFIRMATION TO WORK OFF CAMPUS
"This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Cititzenship and Inmigration Canada. This confirms your request for verification of eligibility to work off campus under... blablabla"

Why you dont ask for that confirmation letter??
Chiliwilli,

As of Feb 2015, CIC stopped issuing those OCWP confirmation letters. See here and scroll below: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp.

As for Ndrs11,

If you graduated and applied for a PGWP, your implied status allows you to stay and work while you wait for a decision on your application.

Cheers!

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
jubear said:
Chiliwilli,

As of Feb 2015, CIC stopped issuing those OCWP confirmation letters. See here and scroll below: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp.

As for Ndrs11,

If you graduated and applied for a PGWP, your implied status allows you to stay and work while you wait for a decision on your application.

Cheers!
That means that now they do less things and worst!

Sorry, I meant slower! :'(

soli82

Sep 5, 2014
Just got approved on September 28, Day 136. Thanks you guys and Good Luck to each and everyone of you. Take care.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Day 151, and still waiting... still no news from CIC - was supposed to get an update on the 27 Sept :(

How do you speak to a CIC agent? When I call the number, I only hear automated messages.

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
lady0421 said:
Day 151, and still waiting... still no news from CIC - was supposed to get an update on the 27 Sept :(

How do you speak to a CIC agent? When I call the number, I only hear automated messages.

afshu

Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa & Islamabad
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank for you kind effort boys and girls

BOWP NOT PGWP... but this will help us all to track timings.

Applied on : 27 may 2015
Last update : 03 Sep 2015
Fee : All fees paid on day of applied $255
Approval : 29 Sep 2015
Duration : 126 Days.. Including Last day.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF YOU.... GOD IS ALWAYS WITH US.