+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
applied on May 15th, received 100 request on Sep 18th, still waiting now. today is the 133 days. I saw the talking to MP, may i know more about that?

Jes_PGWP

Sep 25, 2015
nevillek said:
Do you know the reason for additional verification? Did you have a semester break or applied for PR in the past by any chance?
Why would you think that applying for PR or taking a break would effect the process? Is this a thing? Can anyone else weigh in on this please.
Thanks

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
This is my thought about this situation. Since I got the job right after graduation, I can tell that this situation is beneficial for me and for all applicants who are in the same position as me. I graduated last June and I applied for PGWP very next day, which was June 25. I got the job on June 29 which means that I already have worked three months without a work permit. If I get my permit next month or maybe November, December or even January that means that I am going to have a work permit for next three years from the month I got my work permit. So basically, I have to work nine more months to apply for Express Entry and my work permit is going to be longer than I was originally planning to be. Applicants who have the job do not panic, just relax and work because all this time at your job has been counted. For applicants who don't have a job, the situation is more difficult. Good luck to everyone.

WIND123

Sep 26, 2015
nrkamath said:
Processing times have been updated up till Sept 18th.

Now at 132 days and working on applications submitted May 8th 2015.

I applied May 6th 2015, paid 100$ on Aug 21st, still waiting.

I applied on May 4th- application received on May 5th. Paid $100 extra in June (CSE) and also uploaded the receipt again after receiving the $100 fee msg from CIC on the original online application page. Still waiting as of September 26th

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
sidaktoronto said:
I called then number of times. They said file is all good and still under review. They had submitted a reminder when processing time passed but now when I am calling them they are not able to do anything as the reminder is already sent. Really frustrated with the whole situation now.

Contacted MP yesterday lets see if something happens, I am on verge of loosing my job already...:(
Hi Sidaktoronto, I am on the same situation with you and I really run out of my money... Have your MP helped you?

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
Hi There,

I applied for PGWP on 6th May. Paid post graduate work permit assess fee ($100) in second half Aug. till now did not get any update.
I have contacted CIC Helpline couple of times, but keep getting the reply like "We see that you application has surpassed the deadlines, but wait for sometime we are still processing". They also told me that you did not pay your processing fee of $255 at once so this delay. But when I applied in May, system was only accepting $155 even if I wanted t pay $255. So didn't know what to do.
Through informal sources I have come to know that people who have applied in June month (after me) got PGWP in August, most of them.
Also one of my close contact who has applied in May 8th, by paying fee in installments ($155+$100)like me also got PGWP last week. It seems like CIC processing application prioritizing in some other criteria, and not in the sequence of application date.

My concerns are:
I am getting job offers, but they just vanish after knowing about my situation. My SIN is still valid.
Anybody suggest please? will be much appreciated. don't know what to do.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
My Timeline
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: June July 31, Aug 30th
Current Status: Waiting as of September 28th (day 150)

As per my MP's advise, I'm supposed to get an update today - hopefully it'll come through soon - like others, job offers withdrawal is a huge concern, let alone those who cannot even apply for a SIN to get a job, even a part-time one :'( I really don't know how the CIC expects graduates to somehow survive 5 months without any income :-[

Good luck everyone, let's keep sending positive energy and thoughts to each other!

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
Hi All,

The situation seems to be tight.
After reading all the posts, I had a opinion.
Did we try to sign a petition with the ministry / MP? in the sense we can all explain our situation and submit a letter with our signatures to ministry who is responsible for this. I know for that we have to gather at one place and discuss and do it. Does it seem to be realistic? or is there already one that I am unaware of? I know many people in my batch that applied in May 2015 and still in same situation. Couple of them lost nice job offers already. I am sorry we have to go through all this because of the situation.

by the way my situation:
Applied: 06th May
100$ Paid: Aug 21st
Didn't get any update till today.

Regards,
Can_Can

lviva

Feb 4, 2015
Guys this might be a stupid question but oes anyone know how to approach the MP's office in Montreal? I applied may 29th and already lost a job offer. I have another one waiting but they need me to get my permit by mid October. At this rate I don't think I will have my pgwp by then. I paid the full amount and today I got a "no update" email. Im really freaking out at this point..

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lviva said:
Guys this might be a stupid question but oes anyone know how to approach the MP's office in Montreal? I applied may 29th and already lost a job offer. I have another one waiting but they need me to get my permit by mid October. At this rate I don't think I will have my pgwp by then. I paid the full amount and today I got a "no update" email. Im really freaking out at this point..
Lviva,

If you meant how to find your MP, then I suggest you check page 86 of this forum. See notes under Members' timelines. Good luck.

Cheers!

dirichletot

Aug 28, 2015
Got my wp on Friday night. Here is my timeline:

Applied: April 25
Request for 100: August 14
Approval: September 10
Mail: September 25 (2 weeks of mail time)
Total: 5 months...

Hope everyone gets pgwp soon!

FBR

Jul 27, 2015
Hey guys, my PGWP was approved on Friday, Sep 25th!
Both my spouse and myself got it (we applied together via my online profile).
I didn't contact MP because until last Friday CIC processing time showed May 6th in the field "Working on applications submitted on"
Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 6th
Paid $100: July 25th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: Multiple
PGWP Approval: September 25th (142 days)
Mail delivery: Waiting

Good luck to everyone!