+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Hardik0730

Jul 29, 2015
ON CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello every one
I have question bit off the topic but hope someone can help.
I aaplied for trv within canada and got passport request today. Does any one know that of we send through expresspost they send us back via expresspost or do we have to enter prepaid envelop inside please help.
Thanks
Hardik

annie980

Sep 24, 2015
Hi everyone! I've been following this forum for months now and I finally decided to jump in.

This is my timeline for PGWP

Applied: 27th May, 2015
Blank updates: every month

I have a question though. My study permit expired on 31st July, 2015 and I was/am under the impression that as long as you have an application under process with CIC, you can stay in Canada until a final decision has been made. But do I have to apply for a restoration of status since my study permit expired while i await a decision for my PGWP? I'm pretty confused about the RESTORATION OF TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS procedure.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
annie980 said:
Hi everyone! I've been following this forum for months now and I finally decided to jump in.

This is my timeline for PGWP

Applied: 27th May, 2015
Blank updates: every month

I have a question though. My study permit expired on 31st July, 2015 and I was/am under the impression that as long as you have an application under process with CIC, you can stay in Canada until a final decision has been made. But do I have to apply for a restoration of status since my study permit expired while i await a decision for my PGWP? I'm pretty confused about the RESTORATION OF TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS procedure.
No

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
BPanthler said:
Hey Everyone,

This is my timeline:

Applied: May 12 and paid full $255 (Online)
Approval: Waiting as of Sept 24

However, I talked to my MP and they were able to get the update that my application has been sent for something called "Additional Review". Has anyone gotten this experience? How much longer will it take?
At least your MP got an update.
I went to my MP twice. Since it's election time, I don't think the MP is physically in the office and the clerk has made an inquiry on my behalf. All she got was the same answer I got when I called CIC. They are still processing application from x day y month.
The second time she made an inquiry - she left a voicemail and they never got back to her. The 2 times I went to my MP was about a month apart...
I'm seriously going crazy

hr603764

Aug 6, 2015
My application hr603764

Applied: June 11th
Blank Update: July 11th, Aug 11th, Sept 9th
Current Status: Still waiting
PGWP Mail: N/A

skelty

Jul 16, 2015
BPanthler said:
Hey Everyone,

This is my timeline:

Applied: May 12 and paid full $255 (Online)
Approval: Waiting as of Sept 24

However, I talked to my MP and they were able to get the update that my application has been sent for something called "Additional Review". Has anyone gotten this experience? How much longer will it take?
Hi BPanthler, I was in the same situation -- wrote to my MP and the response was my application had been forwarded for secondary review and that they could not do anything to speed up the process. I was livid, to say the least. Don't fret though; your approval will come soon enough!

BPanthler

Sep 24, 2015
nizolas said:
At least your MP got an update.
I went to my MP twice. Since it's election time, I don't think the MP is physically in the office and the clerk has made an inquiry on my behalf. All she got was the same answer I got when I called CIC. They are still processing application from x day y month.
The second time she made an inquiry - she left a voicemail and they never got back to her. The 2 times I went to my MP was about a month apart...
I'm seriously going crazy
Hi nizolas,
I didn't find my MP either, his secretary send them emails. I know it sucks, been waiting over 4 months as well. But hang in there buddy ;)

BPanthler

Sep 24, 2015
skelty said:
Hi BPanthler, I was in the same situation -- wrote to my MP and the response was my application had been forwarded for secondary review and that they could not do anything to speed up the process. I was livid, to say the least. Don't fret though; your approval will come soon enough!
Hi skelty,
Thanks. Good to hear you didn't have too much trouble with it :)

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:
ScarletSails,

Welcome to the forum.

Both options 1 & 2 are good. If you choose option 2, I would suggest you take the time to read page 15 and onward of the this PGWP forum to know more about FP and Members' experiences. Option 2 is for not having to wait and need to save your job or get job for your spouse.

Cheers!
Hi jubear,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I received blank update today.

I will read this forum carefully before making my decision.

Again, thanks a lot for your support!

nosmas

Sep 25, 2015
Hello, I thought I'm the only one who is still waiting for so long, but it seems like many people are even worse than me! SIGH!

Applied: June 16th (already paid $255 when I applied online)
Blank Update: June 17th, Sept 3rd, Sept 9th
Current Status: Waiting as of Sept 25th (102 days)
PGWP Mail: N/A

I'm losing patience now :( I rly hope everyone can get their PGWP soon. SIGHHH

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hardik0730 said:
Hello every one
I have question bit off the topic but hope someone can help.
I aaplied for trv within canada and got passport request today. Does any one know that of we send through expresspost they send us back via expresspost or do we have to enter prepaid envelop inside please help.
Thanks
Hardik
Hi Hardik,
I have gone through the TRV process a year ago. This is how it works:
1. You need to get 2 express pre-paid envelopes. The dimensions are mentioned in the form. I believe it is a standard and a letter size.
2. You address the letter size to yourself and the standard to the processing center.
3. Place the empty letter envelope addressed to yourself with your passport and a form that you will need to print off the website, into the standard size and mail it.

Hope this helps!

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Good day everyone! :)

Just wanted to ask a question regarding change of address after PGWP application. I applied for my PGWP on July 6th 2015 (still waiting for approval), but I moved out of campus after graduation, so my application has my school's address. I changed it though about 5 weeks ago using the email form which is the case specific Enquiry link, however I don't know how to confirm if it has actually been updated since I received no feedback. I'm kinda worried that it may get lost if it is sent to my old address. I have waited almost 3 months just to receive approval and I don't think I can deal with months of another stretch of waiting due to address issues.

Thanks!

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
priscabowman said:
Good day everyone! :)

Just wanted to ask a question regarding change of address after PGWP application. I applied for my PGWP on July 6th 2015 (still waiting for approval), but I moved out of campus after graduation, so my application has my school's address. I changed it though about 5 weeks ago using the email form which is the case specific Enquiry link, however I don't know how to confirm if it has actually been updated since I received no feedback. I'm kinda worried that it may get lost if it is sent to my old address. I have waited almost 3 months just to receive approval and I don't think I can deal with months of another stretch of waiting due to address issues.

Thanks!
I applied on May 4th and my friends have applied even before it. Be Calm. Hopefully everyone will be get approval soon.

annie980

Sep 24, 2015
Hi Guys!

I just called CIC asking about the status of my application because 120 days have passed (their current processing time as shown on the website). But apparently now the processing times have gone up to 132 days and they are currently working on May 8th applications. This is extremely frustrating and by this rate I have no idea how much longer I will have to wait till they reach May 27th applicants :(

I just hope and pray that some miracle happens and we all get out PGWP applications approved ASAP!

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Processing times have been updated up till Sept 18th.

Now at 132 days and working on applications submitted May 8th 2015.

I applied May 6th 2015, paid 100$ on Aug 21st, still waiting.