+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

dirichletot

Aug 28, 2015
issuetree said:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who applied in the last week of April (24-30) received approvals?
A couple of my friends who had applied in May have received their approval, so wondering if its a problem with my specific application, or the whole lot which applied at the end of April.
Applied on April 24, and no news..

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
jubear said:
Yes, you can. Implied Status is not only about being able to work or study but also about staying and living in Canada legally until CIC makes a decision on your application. Otherwise most people would be deported right away. Enjoy your stay.

Cheers!
Thanks jubear.. that's relieving to hear. If I'm not troubling you too much, I have another question.. My health insurance (Greenshield) that the University had taken fees for, expires Aug 31 as well... so after today, I won't have any health insurance.. what am I supposed to do?

Also, is there a way to open this thread to view the last reply instead of opening on Page 1 everytime?

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Hi guys

Here is my timeline update:
Applied in May 6th
Blank update Every month
Application is updated July 25, July 31, August 29
Paid extra 100 through CSE At the time of application itself
PGWP approval August 29(saturday ;D)
Mail Delivery Pending

Good luck for ur application guys

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
While waiting for PGWP, can I apply for a TRV??????
I really need to leave Canada at the end of September as mentioned in one of my previous posts. It looks like I will get the PGWP by next week, provided everything goes smoothly... If I get my PGWP by mid-September, I won't have time to apply for a TRV before I leave. Also, when I'm out of Canada, I won't have time to apply for a TRV through my regional visa office as it is about 30 days processing time + a week or so for mailing...

Best option for me is to try to get a TRV before I leave. Can this be done??

THanks!

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
nizolas said:
While waiting for PGWP, can I apply for a TRV??????
I really need to leave Canada at the end of September as mentioned in one of my previous posts. It looks like I will get the PGWP by next week, provided everything goes smoothly... If I get my PGWP by mid-September, I won't have time to apply for a TRV before I leave. Also, when I'm out of Canada, I won't have time to apply for a TRV through my regional visa office as it is about 30 days processing time + a week or so for mailing...

Best option for me is to try to get a TRV before I leave. Can this be done??

THanks!

you can apply trv on the basis of your work permit...without that for what they will give you a trv ?

so its not possible, for now you will have to wait for the pgwp then apply for it...
i know it frustrating as people are waiting from long time...be patient

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Thanks jubear.. that's relieving to hear. If I'm not troubling you too much, I have another question.. My health insurance (Greenshield) that the University had taken fees for, expires Aug 31 as well... so after today, I won't have any health insurance.. what am I supposed to do?

Also, is there a way to open this thread to view the last reply instead of opening on Page 1 everytime?
Nevillek,

Consult with Greenshield for individual products such as Prism Precision, Spectra, and Continuum at:
http://www.greenshield.ca/sites/corporate/en/what-we-do/individual-products/Pages/default.aspx

To open the last page of this forum, click on the last forum page number.

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
nevillek said:
I'm interested in what others are doing for insurance after their studies. Did you apply for Greenshield after getting PGWP?
I didn't get Greenshield and my UHIP is expiring today. But I do have my employer insurance so I am not that worried for now. After PGWP, I plan to renew my Alberta province's health insurance. I did get an email from Greenshield once; their Continuum plan is something to consider.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
I'm interested in what others are doing for insurance after their studies. Did you apply for Greenshield after getting PGWP?
If you have a job, usually your employer will encourage employees to sign up for group plans.

My advice to you is to seek for the basic individual plan that can cover the usual stuff such as dental, extended health (eye checks, ambulance etc). Why? Because if anything happens to you for whatever reason, you will be covered. You don't want to be one of those people who don't have health insurance. Its for your own good. Its too expensive if you are not insured. I'm aware that money can be a tough one especially for current graduates without jobs, but if there is a way you can get some funding from your family or cut down on your costs in order to pay for insurance please do. Obviously some take their own risks on this but the choice is really yours to make. You are better off with basic health insurance than not. If I were in your situation I would go for the Prism Precision plan for now (and its quite affordable) and seek for something better when you get a job.

Cheers!

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
sidaktoronto said:
you can apply trv on the basis of your work permit...without that for what they will give you a trv ?

so its not possible, for now you will have to wait for the pgwp then apply for it...
i know it frustrating as people are waiting from long time...be patient
ok, thanks.
I know that I have to be patient and I know people have been waiting for a long time...
That's what the office of my MP told me to do. They told me to apply for a TRV right now, that's why I asked. Since I have no work permit and no study permit, it was out of question to apply for one. That left me with the "Visit" option but it didn't make sense to apply for a TRV for a "visit" reason if I am already in Canada...

I was finally able to get a hold of CIC and applying for a TRV inside Canada is tied to the work permit. However he said I could apply for a TRV outside of Canada.