+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
jubear said:
Creativenerd,

Welcome to the forum. We truly understand your situation and that same experience has frustrated so many applicants. We hope that this time round, your application gets approved. Hang in there and good luck. I will include your timeline soon. I will need to know the date you reapplied for restoration of status and PGWP.

On another note though; it might be a good idea if you talked to your MP face-to-face (see link in Note 3 under Members' timelines on page 50) about what happened. Its worth a try because you applied exactly on the day (February 21, 2015) the extra fee of $100 for OWP was announced. So there is no way you could have known to be honest.

Cheers!
Hi Jubear,
I applied for restoration and post graduate work permit again after 90 days of my graduation. As you know my initial post graduate work permit application was rejected because I didnt pay the additional $100. Please let me know if I have any chances to get post graduate work permit now???
One of my friend told me some of his friends had the same case like me as they attached wrong $155 receipt when CIC asked for that. Instead of applying for restoration, they submitted $100 through CSE and asked for reconsideration of their PGWP and their requests are accepted by CIC.
Kindly let me know should I also submit a request ghrough CSE or should wait for my restoration ??
I am very confused now :'(. Its more than 6 months now and you can imagine the level of frustration :( :mad:. No job, no trip to back home.....nothing at all and just wait.
Please reply asap. I will be very grateful of you.

Xunco

Aug 31, 2015
Hi guys

I applied to a WP sponsored by my prospective employer (a university in Ontario) which did not require LMIA. Although I did not apply to a PGWP (so, no additional $100 were required), I think that my timeline can be useful, and also I have a question.

Applied: May 20
Blank update: Aug 13

Here is my question:

The university where I applied only required me to complete the requirements of my degree (from another university in Canada) by the start date (Sept 1st). This was successfully achieved by the end of August ;D following the original 4-years timeline of my degree.

At the moment of submitting the application, I had to upload material supporting that I satisfied the requirements of my next job. Since this was in May, I uploaded an official letter written by the department where I was completing my PhD saying that my defense was "scheduled for August and that pending on a satisfactory outcome, I should have no problems in fulfilling the requirements of my next job on time".

My PhD defense was great, and I did all the boring paperwork coming after it, so that now I have my letter of completion, on time for my job.

so... here is the question: taking into account that I have not received a final decision on my WP application, should I upload my letter of completion? or should I wait to see if the application is successful (or if they ask for additional info)? My main concern is whether or not uploading the letter could delay my application further (it is already late for my appointment...).

Thanks in advance.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creativenerd said:
Hi Jubear,
I applied for restoration and post graduate work permit again after 90 days of my graduation. As you know my initial post graduate work permit application was rejected because I didnt pay the additional $100. Please let me know if I have any chances to get post graduate work permit now???
One of my friend told me some of his friends had the same case like me as they attached wrong $155 receipt when CIC asked for that. Instead of applying for restoration, they submitted $100 through CSE and asked for reconsideration of their PGWP and their requests are accepted by CIC.
Kindly let me know should I also submit a request ghrough CSE or should wait for my restoration ??
I am very confused now :'(. Its more than 6 months now and you can imagine the level of frustration :( :mad:. No job, no trip to back home.....nothing at all and just wait.
Please reply asap. I will be very grateful of you.
Creativenerd,

Yes, you can. That's why I was encouraging you to use your member of parliament given your situation. Use all alternatives possible like CSE and MP.

Cheers!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys

This is my application overview:

Applied: May 31st
Paid $100: paid in full ($255)
Blank Update: August 12th
PGWP Approval: Pending
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 94 days

I hope I will get my approval by the end of September......also just want to know if my processing exceeds 117 days, does that mean I will have to call CIC to ask?

Thanks

clearsky

Aug 13, 2015
Hey guys :) just checked my CIC account and it says my application is approved. Here are my details:

Clearsky
Applied: April 29th
Paid $100: Aug 7th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: July 10th, Aug 7th
PGWP Approval: Aug 31st

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
clearsky said:
Hey guys :) just checked my CIC account and it says my application is approved. Here are my details:

Clearsky
Applied: April 29th
Paid $100: Aug 7th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: July 10th, Aug 7th
PGWP Approval: Aug 31st
hey did'nt u get any notification in your email about the status change of application in cic account?

I am april 30 applicant waiting for the approval (day 125)

congrats ...!!

issuetree

Aug 19, 2015
Good Morning everybody!

My application now stands approved in myCIC account. Still haven't received the email, but it shows approved when I login.

Details -

Applied - April 28
Blank Updates - July 9, August 11
$100 Payment notification - August 17 (Uploaded the receipt on August 17)
PGWP approval - September 1 (Total 126 Days)
Mail Delivery - Pending

I think they're now processing April last week applications, so check your myCIC account if you can.

Offtopic - Has anyone filed for Express Entry PR as well?

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Anna_polaca said:
That's insane...congrats but my husban applied on April 24th and is still waiting :((
cic is unpredictable, many of may applicants have received approvals while april applicants are waiting ......call centre guys are also doing nothing even 125 days are past.

hope for the best...

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
issuetree said:
Good Morning everybody!

My application now stands approved in myCIC account. Still haven't received the email, but it shows approved when I login.

Details -

Applied - April 28
Blank Updates - July 9, August 11
$100 Payment notification - August 17 (Uploaded the receipt on August 17)
PGWP approval - September 1 (Total 126 Days)
Mail Delivery - Pending

I think they're now processing April last week applications, so check your myCIC account if you can.

Offtopic - Has anyone filed for Express Entry PR as well?
congrats....that's a good news at least now they are doing April applicants now :)

clearsky

Aug 13, 2015
sidaktoronto said:
hey did'nt u get any notification in your email about the status change of application in cic account?

I am april 30 applicant waiting for the approval (day 125)

congrats ...!!
Hi :) I did not get an email but I did see "Updated" in my account before it was changed to "Approved"

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Congratulations clearsky and issuetree for getting your PGWPs.

Did anyone from May 15 or around get any update yet?

vig0610

Aug 26, 2015
Hi everyone,

I got my PGWP APPROVAL!!! I saw my status updated in my CIC account before I got the email notification.

MY status:
Applied online: April 29
Blank updates: April 30, July 11, August 7
$100 Payment request: August 19 (Paid $100 on August 19)
PGWP Approval: September 1 (126 days)
Mail delivery: Pending

Thanks jubear for this wonderful thread. It was really useful. And Good Luck to everyone who is waiting for the approval. I hope everyone gets it soon.

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi Everyone, I applied for my entry visa couple of weeks ago, everything goes smooth until cic sent back my passport. The canada post almost lost my visa, they sent me a email about the successfully delivery. However, I got nothing in my mailbox, not even a delivery notice card. I contacted them several times and they cannot doing anything. After about 1 week painful waiting, they finally find my package. I want to share this experience to you guys make sure when you mail your passport make sure you put the "require signature" sticker on both envelope. They are not suppose to put your passport in your mailbox, however, they just did that to me. I am a little bit on the lucky side, I got it finally.