+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

alibaba23

Aug 20, 2015
I think people who paid full amount upfront got their PGWP within 1-2 months. I have few friends who applied in June and got the permit in July.

Thats just my observation. Correct me if i am wrong. I just know three people and they all said that they got it within 45 days.

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
I applied on May 23, paid full amount but still waiting.....

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
Hi All,
I am a regular visitor of this forum. It makes me informed and motivated to check the progress of your applications.
I initially applied for my PGWP on Feb 21st and paid required fee. At that time, there was no other way to pay additional $100 fee along with an online application. I got a request to pay $100 on 1st May, hence I attached $155 receipt again . On 14th of May My PGWP got rejected due to not paying additional open work permit fee. I re-applied for my work permit and restoration by paying $455 in total. Now I am waiting for my permit. Its more than 6 months of wait. The whole experience is very frustrating.
So far I got two blank updates other than monthly status updates.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creativenerd said:
Hi All,
I am a regular visitor of this forum. It makes me informed and motivated to check the progress of your applications.
I initially applied for my PGWP on Feb 21st and paid required fee. At that time, there was no other way to pay additional $100 fee along with an online application. I got a request to pay $100 on 1st May, hence I attached $155 receipt again . On 14th of May My PGWP got rejected due to not paying additional open work permit fee. I re-applied for my work permit and restoration by paying $455 in total. Now I am waiting for my permit. Its more than 6 months of wait. The whole experience is very frustrating.
So far I got two blank updates other than monthly status updates.
Creativenerd,

Welcome to the forum. We truly understand your situation and that same experience has frustrated so many applicants. We hope that this time round, your application gets approved. Hang in there and good luck. I will include your timeline soon. I will need to know the date you reapplied for restoration of status and PGWP.

On another note though; it might be a good idea if you talked to your MP face-to-face (see link in Note 3 under Members' timelines on page 50) about what happened. Its worth a try because you applied exactly on the day (February 21, 2015) the extra fee of $100 for OWP was announced. So there is no way you could have known to be honest.

Cheers!

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
nick1899 said:
Guys,

I am new to this post and wanted to update re my application.

Applied : May 20
Confirmation: May 21
Bank updates: monthly, and 4-5 in last 2 weeks
PGWP approval: Aug 21 (93 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting

This entire post is really very informative. Kudos to all the contributors!

Ciao!
Congrats!
Can someone explain how these pgwp appications are getting processed out of order and not chronologically?
It seems to me that there are a lot of applications before May 20th that haven't been processed yet.
Thanks

MyCrowley

Jul 8, 2015
some updates from me.

MyCrowley
Applied: June 2nd (Full amount paid)
Monthly Updates: Monthly received, saying no updates
Blank Update: Received two since Aug 13th. It says I have update but when I log in to MyCIC, there's no updates at all.
Current Status: Waiting as of August 24th (day 84)

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jijialex said:
Congrats nick 1899

How you paid it online and submitted through CSE or you paid after getting request
Thanks Jijialex!

I paid full amount of $255 before applying. I met an immigration consultation at UofT and he informed me about the same so i was aware.

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nizolas said:
Congrats!
Can someone explain how these pgwp appications are getting processed out of order and not chronologically?
It seems to me that there are a lot of applications before May 20th that haven't been processed yet.
Thanks
Its weird how CIC process this applications. I know of someone who applied after me and still got PGWP way before me.

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
jubear said:
Creativenerd,

Welcome to the forum. We truly understand your situation and that same experience has frustrated so many applicants. We hope that this time round, your application gets approved. Hang in there and good luck. I will include your timeline soon. I will need to know the date you reapplied for restoration of status and PGWP.

On another note though; it might be a good idea if you talked to your MP face-to-face (see link in Note 3 under Members' timelines on page 50) about what happened. Its worth a try because you applied exactly on the day (February 21, 2015) the extra fee of $100 for OWP was announced. So there is no way you could have known to be honest.

Cheers!
Hi Jubear,
I re-applied on 15th of May for both restoration and PGWP. Don't you think if I will hear sometime soon from CIC?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creativenerd said:
Hi Jubear,
I re-applied on 15th of May for both restoration and PGWP. Don't you think if I will hear sometime soon from CIC?
Creativenerd,

If its May 15th, then definitely yes. Its time for May applicants. Hang in there.

Cheers!

haris.raja

Jul 21, 2015
jubear very good initiative. Seems like CIC is processing applicants from May, even though the website says application process as April 26/April 18. It would be interesting to see if applicants who applied at a later date with full fee of 255 are getting processed before applicants who applied with $100, can we say that's true with the information that we have? Can we get some historical trends?

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hello Every One,

I have a question about "Blank Updates". It is very clear that most of the members get blank updates every month while their application is being processed. I have submitted my application on July 1st and received confirmation messages (application and payment received) but then I have not received any Blank Updates as others. NOT receiving blank updates mean anything bad (application not processed or any other) ? Please clarify.

Thanks for your time.

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
this is a very informative post and i thank you so much for keeping this alive, it gives me hope

however, I'm raising the issue of the current waiting times to my MP.
I think we should all do it, maybe if we raise our voice to the proper channels CIC could lower our processing times just as they did with the international students (their processing times were the same as ours until about 2 weeks ago when it dropped to half)

I don't think it's fair that last year it was taking about 2 weeks to get a PGWP and now they're charging $100 extra and they're taking over 4 months to process it

I think we should all raise our voice and send emails to our MPs so they can address this issue!

find your MP on the parliament website and send them an email, maybe we could make a difference.

jrgo

Aug 23, 2015
Is a "chef" exempt from LMIA

Hello. I'm a chef in South America and received an offer of employment in a restuarant in Toronto. Does the restaurant have to get a LMIA? Please help!!