+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

george5030

Aug 21, 2015
GUYYYSSSS! I haven't posted on this forum but I've been following since I applied for my permit.

I graduated on April 15th and applied for my permit on May 8th. However I still haven't received the letter requesting the additional $100. I haven't received any updates at all since the 1st day when I applied. I tried paying the fee on CSE and when I try to login I get the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. Please re-enter." I do remember my password and when I try to register it says the email is already in use. I'm able to login in on the portal of CSI and see my application details so why is this thing not taking my credentials???

This is my application overview:

Applied: May 8th
Paid $100: Not requested yet (error)
Blank Update: Pending
PGWP Approval: Pending
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 104 days

I have called CSI many times and they haven't told me there's something wrong or missing on my application so I really wonder why I haven't received the request for the additional $100.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'M STILL SAFE OR IF I'M IN TROUBLE.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
george5030 said:
GUYYYSSSS! I haven't posted on this forum but I've been following since I applied for my permit.
I graduated on April 15th and applied for my permit on May 8th. However I still haven't received the letter requesting the additional $100. I haven't received any updates at all since the 1st day when I applied. I tried paying the fee on CSE and when I try to login I get the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. Please re-enter." I do remember my password and when I try to register it says the email is already in use. I'm able to login in on the portal of CSI and see my application details so why is this thing not taking my credentials???
This is my application overview:

Applied: May 8th
Paid $100: Not requested yet (error)
Blank Update: Pending
PGWP Approval: Pending
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 104 days
I have called CSI many times and they haven't told me there's something wrong or missing on my application so I really wonder why I haven't received the request for the additional $100.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'M STILL SAFE OR IF I'M IN TROUBLE.
George5030,

When you submitted your PGWP application to CIC on May 8, 2015, did you pay $255 or $155?

CSE isn't for payment nor login, but rather a site where you can enquire, withdraw, or upload a document.
The Online Payment System is the site you are looking for to pay the extra $100 for OWP if you didn't pay originally. Its a separate entity and you must register on the payment system. In other words you can't use your CIC credentials on the Online Payment System.

For further info see page 50. Under Members' timelines, scroll down and read Note 4. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Alemia

Feb 16, 2015
I have a sad story about flagpoling. If someone could tell me what we did wrong, I'd highly appreciate it.

My boyfriend came back from his home country today and tried to get his PGWP at Pearson. It's 89th day after his graduation today, also he applied online on May 27th, paid full amount, but there is still no changes in the application status so far (except blank updates).

He asked custom officer while passing passport control if he could get his PGWP, and the officer didn't know, so he sent my BF to an immigration officer. Then she (immigration officer) said that she couldn't let him in the country, because he had worked under implied status before he left, and now he lost the status because he left Canada. So they couldn't let him in because a) he is not a worker anymore without implied status, b) he is not a student, because he graduated, c) he is not a visitor, because his visa says Student. Therefore there is no status he falls under right now, and they can't let him in. However, before my BF left, he called CIC 3 times, asking if he could leave. They said yes, you can go. So, he tried to explain the officer this situation, then she called to her desk some other people, and they discussed this situation for some time. Finally, they decided to let him in, however, under condition that he will leave the country, if he doesn't receive positive decision about his PGWP from CIC in a month (but she didn't specify exact date or number of days, so I'm a bit confused here. Neither she gave any kind of paper with this request. Not having any decision means leaving the country as well).

Now, my question is what should we do?? Considering CIC processing times, there is no way he'll get his permit in time. I was thinking about going to Niagara tomorrow and trying to flagpole again, however, I'm scared that they will not let him in after today's story (I think the officer left some notes in his file regarding today's situation). Technically, tomorrow is the last day when his Study Permit is valid, so they should let him in, but who knows.

Thanks in advance for any piece of advice.

george5030

Aug 21, 2015
I paid $155 when I applied for the permit, it didn't ask for the additional $100. I finally managed to log into the portal, I noticed that those credentials are not the same as the ones I use to login in with GCKey. I logged in, paid the $100 extra and now submitted the form together with pdf receipt. I just noticed as well the processing times are on 117 days and I'm still on 104 which gives me a lot of tranquility. I guess I should be fine from now! I will keep you guys updated.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alemia said:
Now, my question is what should we do?? Considering CIC processing times, there is no way he'll get his permit in time. I was thinking about going to Niagara tomorrow and trying to flagpole again, however, I'm scared that they will not let him in after today's story (I think the officer left some notes in his file regarding today's situation). Technically, tomorrow is the last day when his Study Permit is valid, so they should let him in, but who knows.

Thanks in advance for any piece of advice.
Alemia,

No matter what happened at Pearson, the implied status lasts until CIC decides on your BF's PGWP application submitted on May 27, 2015.
See here for further details: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

The good news is that those who applied on May 1, 2015 have started getting PGWP approvals. What am I trying to say here? It will be in your BF's best interest to stay put and wait for his PGWP. Going to FP is not a good idea for him right now. The only reason why he was allowed to return to Canada was because he was checked out in the system to find out if he had applied online. Once that checked out, he was safe. See page 50 of this forum to see Members' timelines.

So I suggest he waits. Good luck to him.

Cheers!

Alemia

Feb 16, 2015
jubear said:
Alemia,

No matter what happened at Pearson, the implied status lasts until CIC decides on your BF's PGWP application submitted on May 27, 2015.
See here for further details:

The good news is that those who applied on May 1, 2015 have started getting PGWP approvals. What am I trying to say here? It will be in your BF's best interest to stay put and wait for his PGWP. Going to FP is not a good idea for him right now. The only reason why he was allowed to return to Canada was because he was checked out in the system to find out if he had applied online. Once that checked out, he was safe. See page 50 of this forum to see Members' timelines.

So I suggest he waits. Good luck to him.

Cheers!
Thanks for your reply! The problem is that he has to start at his new job on Monday, and I'm afraid he won't be able do it anymore. That's our biggest concern. My guess, though, is that he still can start working because he went back home and return to Canada before 90 days passed with valid study permit and valid multi-entry visa. But I'm not sure.

george5030

Aug 21, 2015
jubear said:
George5030,

When you submitted your PGWP application to CIC on May 8, 2015, did you pay $255 or $155?

CSE isn't for payment nor login, but rather a site where you can enquire, withdraw, or upload a document.
The Online Payment System is the site you are looking for to pay the extra $100 for OWP if you didn't pay originally. Its a separate entity and you must register on the payment system. In other words you can't use your CIC credentials on the Online Payment System.

For further info see page 50. Under Members' timelines, scroll down and read Note 4. I hope that helps.

Cheers!
Hey thanks a lot for your response! I followed everything and paid the $100 with success! I submitted the form along with all my details that I had to fill in there. One thing I missed was that I actually need to put in my information on the actual receipt, I didn't notice. How important would those details be? You think I should print it and re-upload it? Thank you!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alemia said:
Thanks for your reply! The problem is that he has to start at his new job on Monday, and I'm afraid he won't be able do it anymore. That's our biggest concern. My guess, though, is that he still can start working because he went back home and return to Canada before 90 days passed with valid study permit and valid multi-entry visa. But I'm not sure.
Alemia,

I forgot to mention that during Implied Status one can work only if he/she remains in Canada. However, if one chooses to travel after applying for a PGWP, they automatically forfeit the opportunity to work once they return. In such situations the applicant has to wait until CIC makes a decision on their application. For further info see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
george5030 said:
Hey thanks a lot for your response! I followed everything and paid the $100 with success! I submitted the form along with all my details that I had to fill in there. One thing I missed was that I actually need to put in my information on the actual receipt, I didn't notice. How important would those details be? You think I should print it and re-upload it? Thank you!
George5030,

Its not necessary to fill in that info. As long as you filled in your UCI #, phone, and name in the CSE online form you will be fine. In fact if CIC asks for the extra $100 at some point even when you've uploaded it under CSE, you will have the chance to fill in your personal info. No need to worry.

Cheers!

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Congratulations May 1st/5th Applicants! Happy For You Guys :) Bit Confused Though..Few People Applied In April Right??? Whatsup With There Apllications.. ?? :(

Buddy Jubear, Good Job Man...You Should Consider Becoming Immigration Lawyer Bro. Keep Up The Good Work :) :)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MunnaReddy said:
Congratulations May 1st/5th Applicants! Happy For You Guys :) Bit Confused Though..Few People Applied In April Right??? Whatsup With There Apllications.. ?? :(

Buddy Jubear, Good Job Man...You Should Consider Becoming Immigration Lawyer Bro. Keep Up The Good Work :) :)
MunnaReddy,

Its the least I could do, but thank you. Hang in there.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thineshbio,

I received your personal message. However, when I tried to send my reply, your inbox was full. If you read this, delete some old messages from your inbox and please let me know so that I can send my reply.

Cheers!

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I am new to this post and wanted to update re my application.

Applied : May 20
Confirmation: May 21
Bank updates: monthly, and 4-5 in last 2 weeks
PGWP approval: Aug 21 (93 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting

This entire post is really very informative. Kudos to all the contributors!

Ciao!