+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepicka said:
Thanks Jubear. You really deserve a treat from whoever gets benefitted from your posts :) I am one of them so most welcome anytime.
Deepicka,

It is the least I can do to help out. But thank you. That is so kind of you my friend.

Cheers!

alibaba23

Aug 20, 2015
i applied on 19th July with full payment of $255, but still no response. From the previous posts, i am guessing I wont get it till next year.

Surprisingly, my roommate who applied on 16th May 2015, got his PGWP on 26th June 2015. There is so much discrepancy in the system, that its hard to understand or predict anything.

Out of context question, how do you communicate the situation such as this with HR? Does your employer showed some concerns when you told them that you will be working on a work permit etc. Also, when do you guys usually tell the employer about the work permit stuff? like in the first interview or after receiving the job offer?

Deepicka

Jul 30, 2015
alibaba23 said:
i applied on 19th July with full payment of $255, but still no response. From the previous posts, i am guessing I wont get it till next year.

Surprisingly, my roommate who applied on 16th May 2015, got his PGWP on 26th June 2015. There is so much discrepancy in the system, that its hard to understand or predict anything.

Out of context question, how do you communicate the situation such as this with HR? Does your employer showed some concerns when you told them that you will be working on a work permit etc. Also, when do you guys usually tell the employer about the work permit stuff? like in the first interview or after receiving the job offer?
Hi. I got a job in the middle of my last semester. During phone screening HR asked me all the questions like when would you get your PGWP? How long will it take to get that? When would you apply for PR? etc etc. Then they called me for in-person interview with a technical manager. (I am an engineer btw). He also asked me same kind of questions after technical interview. When I received the job offer, HR simply asked me to update my status whenever it changed. Now in the first week of August I received an auto-email from HR asking to update about the new SIN number since the earlier one was going to expire on Aug 31st (along with my study permit). I contacted HR manager and told her about the exact situation. She asked me to email her the CIC URL having processing times and the confirmation letter from CIC that they received my application for PGWP on May 5th. I did the same and received a response from HR that there was nothing to worry about and I should update HR with the new SIN number as soon as I get. Now I have informed HR that my PGWP has been approved and i'll be getting new SIN as soon as I receive PGWP by post.

In short, things went smooth for me. In July I talked to a CIC representative and he encouraged me to ask my employer to contact CIC directly in case they required any clarifications. I told the same to HR by giving them out CIC call centre's number but HR didn't seem interested. Hope it helps. Good luck!

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hello everyone!

First I would like to congratulate Deepicka for receiving a PGWP!! I was starting to get worried since I applied on May 5th too! I am pretty much in the exact same boat. I am an engineer who graduated in April. I submitted my PGWP application on May 5th and started working immediately. On July 31st my Study Permit expired (My SIN number too) I am currently being asked by my employer about the new SIN number. I've respectfully explained to them the situation and it went smoothly.

I paid the $100 fee yesterday through CSE and I just received an email today from CIC to submit the receipt. I'm not sure if me paying the fee triggered the action or not, but I'm happy either way. I uploaded the receipt through myCIC account and not through CSE (The letter I received had all the instructions.) Hopefully my application gets processed and I get the approval soon, but I'd say it's looking pretty good.

Here's my updated timeline :D

Moelaghil
Applied: May 5th
Paid $100: August 19th (Through CSE), and requested for on August 20th (day 107)
Blank Update: July 23rd, July 31st (day 88)
Current Status: Waiting (day 107)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
Hello everyone!

First I would like to congratulate Deepicka for receiving a PGWP!! I was starting to get worried since I applied on May 5th too! I am pretty much in the exact same boat. I am an engineer who graduated in April. I submitted my PGWP application on May 5th and started working immediately. On July 31st my Study Permit expired (My SIN number too) I am currently being asked by my employer about the new SIN number. I've respectfully explained to them the situation and it went smoothly.

I paid the $100 fee yesterday through CSE and I just received an email today from CIC to submit the receipt. I'm not sure if me paying the fee triggered the action or not, but I'm happy either way. I uploaded the receipt through myCIC account and not through CSE (The letter I received had all the instructions.) Hopefully my application gets processed and I get the approval soon, but I'd say it's looking pretty good.
Moelaghil,

That is encouraging. You are now two steps closer. Keep an eye on your MyCIC account; because its possible you might be approved on tomorrow. I have made the update on your timeline. Let me know of any changes in the near future.

Cheers!

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Hello Jubear,

Today I paid 100$ via CSE. You can now include this information next time when you update the details. Thank again :) .

sahar87

Aug 1, 2013
Hi Everyone..I need your
help.I applied for my PGWP on march 27 2015 and on june 24 2015 i got a refusal letter which says that i didnt apply within 90 days of completion of my graduation so its got refused.But the fact was i got the transcript from my college on January 13 and that 90 days count starts from the day u get the transcript or an official letter from your college.I called CIC call centre right that moment and told about it and they assured me that they ll reopen my application.after one month i.e july 24 ,i didnt hear anything about my application so i called them again and they said that Now I have to apply for the restoration of my status.I talked to my international advisor in my college and she told me that i was right and they provided me with a letter in which it was written that i applied within 90 days after getting my official transcript.now i ve applied for the restoration on august 5 2015 and waiting for the decision.I am just worried if it gets refused again..Is there any situation where cic can refuse the restoration??? what are they?? i am feeling helpless as all i can do in this situation is to wait(((((((

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swprox said:
Hello Jubear,

Today I paid 100$ via CSE. You can now include this information next time when you update the details. Thank again :) .
Hello Swprox,

Your timeline has been updated. Good luck. :D

Cheers!

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
sahar87 said:
Hi Everyone..I need your
help.I applied for my PGWP on march 27 2015 and on june 24 2015 i got a refusal letter which says that i didnt apply within 90 days of completion of my graduation so its got refused.But the fact was i got the transcript from my college on January 13 and that 90 days count starts from the day u get the transcript or an official letter from your college.I called CIC call centre right that moment and told about it and they assured me that they ll reopen my application.after one month i.e july 24 ,i didnt hear anything about my application so i called them again and they said that Now I have to apply for the restoration of my status.I talked to my international advisor in my college and she told me that i was right and they provided me with a letter in which it was written that i applied within 90 days after getting my official transcript.now i ve applied for the restoration on august 5 2015 and waiting for the decision.I am just worried if it gets refused again..Is there any situation where cic can refuse the restoration??? what are they?? i am feeling helpless as all i can do in this situation is to wait(((((((
90 days count from the date on letter. I graduated in April and got letter on may 15 but the date on letter was 18 April (date of my last exam).

Also letter was generated in may but they used the date of my last exam.

I am not sure what date was on your letter.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahar87 said:
Hi Everyone..I need your
Sahar87,

I encourage you not to give up yet. Go to page 50 of this forum. Scroll down under Members' timelines and see Note 3. Use the services of your Member of Parliament (MP) in your municipality/local area. Avoid sending emails to the MP. Locate him/her; go to the offices with all your documents and speak face-to-face. Be precise and make sure they understand your situation. Some MPs are extremely helpful in expediting one's application and some aren't. However, you've got to try because a PGWP is an International student's lifeline that leads to PR. So, don't give up.

Restoration & Refusal:
If you are told to apply for restoration; you may apply for both restoration of status and PGWP simultaneously (at the same time). For more info go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

Refusal - Your restoration of status can be refused if you haven't applied within 90 days from the date of the refusal notice to apply for a restoration. In your case you got a refusal notice on June 24, 2015 and have until September 21, 2015. The good news is that you beat that by applying on August 5, 2015. However, you could also have applied for a PGWP again on the same date. But you still have time to do so anyway.

If I were you, I would go see the MP. Find out what he/she has to say. If he/she isn't helpful, then reapply for your PGWP ($255) immediately. You can still apply for your PGWP before you meet your MP if you want. Either way if the MP help works out and leads to you receiving your PGWP from your original application, then you can ask for a refund from CIC for both restoration ($200) and the new PGWP application ($255). CIC is good at refunding back the money if the application has not been processed yet. Good luck.

Cheers!

gaoland

Jul 14, 2015
Hello everyone, my PGWP has just been approved, my timeline is follow:

Applied: May 1st
Paid $100: July 19th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: July 15th, Aug 10th, and Aug 21st
PGWP Approval: August 21st
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 113 days (From submission to approval)

Hope all of your application will be approved soon!
Cheers! :D :D :D :D :D

Reactions: Zalazalak

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaoland said:
Hello everyone, my PGWP has just been approved, my timeline is follow:

Applied: May 1st
Paid $100: July 19th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: July 15th, Aug 10th, and Aug 21st
PGWP Approval: August 21st
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 113 days (From submission to approval)

Hope all of your application will be approved soon!
Cheers! :D :D :D :D :D
Gaoland,

I'm happy for you. Congratulations on the approval. It was worth the wait. Your timeline has been updated.
Cheers!

alibaba23

Aug 20, 2015
Hey guys, I was just wondering whether i can still work full time in September? Since my study permit says i am only allowed only 20hrs from sept-april & full time during breaks.

I called CIC and they said the same thing. Despite my implied status, i am not allowed to work full time in sept. So i applied on 20th July, so does that mean i have to leave my job ?

Do you guys have some suggestion, comments or similar concerns?

Regards,
Abbas Ali Rangwala

Jul 26, 2015
Hey guys ,
I got my approval notification today
I'm going to update you once I receive it by mail.

Thanks a lot to everyone here especially jubear , you have made our long wait much easier knowing that everyone is in the same boat.
Gd luck to everyone who did not receive it yet.

thanks again

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
youssef123452002 said:
Hey guys ,
I got my approval notification today
I'm going to update you once I receive it by mail.

Thanks a lot to everyone here especially jubear , you have made our long wait much easier knowing that everyone is in the same boat.
Gd luck to everyone who did not receive it yet.
thanks again
Hello Youssef123452002,

Congratulations! I'm glad and happy that you've been approved. Your timeline has been updated. Thanks for updating us on the good news.
Cheers!