+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
hurlyhunk said:
Did any one of you apply just after 90 days of your graduation ? or even heard of anybody doing that?
A friend of mine applied on 101th day and we are very anxious !!
I would suggest that you can go back to the school and tell them that you have lost your previous letter and ask for a new one. Once you have the new letter, you can upload the same through special inquiry form

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hurlyhunk said:
Did any one of you apply just after 90 days of your graduation ? or even heard of anybody doing that?
A friend of mine applied on 101th day and we are very anxious !!
Hurlyhunk,

1. What is the date in the Letter of Confirmation from his/her institution? OR
2. What is the printing date on his/her transcript?

Depending on what document he/she received and provided during the application; if your friend applied after 90 days had passed since any of those two dates, then yes, there is reason for your friend to worry.

If not, then there is nothing to worry about. Even if the application is refused, your friend will be given another 90 days to apply for restoration of status. At this point, your friend should endeavor to get a new Letter of Confirmation and include it the application. If this scenario happens, your friend should apply for both restoration of status and PGWP simultaneously.

Good luck.

Cheers!

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
Hello,

1.Letter says she has been graduated on April 14 2015, however the letter was printed & signed on July 27 2015.
2.Not too sure when the transcript was printed but it does say that she graduated on April 14 2015

She has applied on July 28 2015 which is 101th day (also her birthday unfortunately) from April 14 2015 and applied on the next day the graduation letter was printed out and signed.

We have also written and uploaded a letter explaining why it was delayed. We said, there was a dispute in the library which prevented them from mailing the letter and the whole process caused the issue, not too sure if we had done the correct thing by writing a letter.

She has not stopped crying from the day she realized that she passed 90 limit, i feel very bad about her. We have contacted several lawyers asking for suggestions but they looked so desperate for money (except a few) and got mixed suggestions.

We are very anxious, she did not celebrate her birthday and even not talking to anybody thinking that she may have to leave the country for this mistake.

Any suggestions or personal experiences would definitely help her boost confidence. PLEASE

jubear said:
Hurlyhunk,

1. What is the date in the Letter of Confirmation from his/her institution? OR
2. What is the printing date on his/her transcript?

Depending on what document he/she received and provided during the application; if your friend applied after 90 days had passed since any of those two dates, then yes, there is reason for your friend to worry.

If not, then there is nothing to worry about. Even if the application is refused, your friend will be given another 90 days to apply for restoration of status. At this point, your friend should endeavor to get a new Letter of Confirmation and include it the application. If this scenario happens, your friend should apply for both restoration of status and PGWP simultaneously.

Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hurlyhunk said:
Hello,

1.Letter says she has been graduated on April 14 2015, however the letter was printed & signed on July 27 2015.
2.Not too sure when the transcript was printed but it does say that she graduated on April 14 2015

She has applied on July 28 2015 which is 101th day (also her birthday unfortunately) from April 14 2015 and applied on the next day the graduation letter was printed out and signed.

We have also written and uploaded a letter explaining why it was delayed. We said, there was a dispute in the library which prevented them from mailing the letter and the whole process caused the issue, not too sure if we had done the correct thing by writing a letter.

She has not stopped crying from the day she realized that she passed 90 limit, i feel very bad about her. We have contacted several lawyers asking for suggestions but they looked so desperate for money (except a few) and got mixed suggestions.

We are very anxious, she did not celebrate her birthday and even not talking to anybody thinking that she may have to leave the country for this mistake.
Any suggestions or personal experiences would definitely help her boost confidence. PLEASE
Hurlyhunk,

In my mind, July 27, 2015 is good enough. Do you know when her study permit (SP) is expiring?

Cheers!

deftones99

Jul 29, 2015
Hello guys,
I'm gonna share my application details:

App submission: March 30th
$100 fee notification by CIC: June 11th
Paid the fee: June 12th
Current status: still waiting (122 days)

I just found this forum and wish I would have read it before. I have a question about the flagpoling thing. I have a confirmation letter issued on April 16th (>90 days till today), but I also have my diploma issued on June 5th (<90 days till today). Can I use this last one to attend flagpoling? I'd appreciate an answer from you guys since my SP expires on July 31st so if I'm gonna do this it has to be asap. Cheers to all the guys waiting like me.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hurlyhunk said:
Hello,

It expires end of this month.
Good. She applied and submitted her application when her SP was still valid. No need to worry.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deftones99 said:
Hello guys,
I'm gonna share my application details:

App submission: March 30th
$100 fee notification by CIC: June 11th
Paid the fee: June 12th
Current status: still waiting (122 days)

I just found this forum and wish I would have read it before. I have a question about the flagpoling thing. I have a confirmation letter issued on April 16th (>90 days till today), but I also have my diploma issued on June 5th (<90 days till today). Can I use this last one to attend flagpoling? I'd appreciate an answer from you guys since my SP expires on July 31st so if I'm gonna do this it has to be asap. Cheers to all the guys waiting like me.
Deftones99,

I strongly suggest that you wait it out. FP will be a big risk for you. Both C-letter and SP have got to be valid, not just one. Waiting for your online application to be approved would be a safer bet for you.
Good luck.

Cheers!

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hey guys, my work permit arrived this afternoon! Yay, good luck for everyone! But one thing really strange, it was not came from Ottawa office, it was from somewhere AB.

OlegMemukhin

Jul 27, 2015
OlegMemukhin said:
Hello!

I need some advice. I finished continuously two one year programs, so I should be eligible for a 3 years work permit. What document do you think is better to submit? Transcript or 2 graduation letters? Transcript will show 5 semesters of study in total. Letters will only say that it was 2 one year programs. Or better to submit both merged in one pdf?
Would really be glad for some advice =)

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hey Guys

I have applied on 2nd May
Blank Update on 16th July
Raise the enquiry to attach receipt and got reply within a week.
Still Waiting (91 days till 30th July)
SP Expiring 25th august

I forgot to attach my 100$ receipt.I raise the case specific enquiry to attach my receipt in the application after few weeks and got the reply from cic that your document has been attached to your file. But they didnt mention any thing that what they have attached and what was my file no. in their email reply.

Till date i havent seen anything attached to my file on Mycic portal. I am still hoping they have attached the receipt but its not been reflected. Does any one did the same thing or have got any reply ??

Other question is that my course was 2 yrs. I finished it in Sep 2013 - May 2015 ( I have gone through 5 semester 3 academic and 2 coop) I have asked most of the people that they see the semesters you achieved. SO in 1 year they count 2 semester (Because 1 is vacation). So by that i am hoping i will receive 3 yrs work permit.
Please correct me if i am wrong here.

Amrinder_Harika

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
6 August,2013
LANDED..........
4 September,2013
yukiyuki111 said:
Hey guys, my work permit arrived this afternoon! Yay, good luck for everyone! But one thing really strange, it was not came from Ottawa office, it was from somewhere AB.
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deftones99

Jul 29, 2015
jubear said:
Deftones99,

I strongly suggest that you wait it out. FP will be a big risk for you. Both C-letter and SP have got to be valid, not just one. Waiting for your online application to be approved would be a safer bet for you.
Good luck.

Cheers!
Thanks for your answer jubear. I went to the MP's office today and they told me they'll try to help me. Hopefully it will come out soon.

gaoland

Jul 14, 2015
Hi everyone, I want share my application, and also have a question.
After I paid additional $100 through CSE, I have only received an automatically replied email from Question @ cic.gc.ca,
but not got any message that my additional $100 payment receipt has been attached to my application. Is this normal?

Applied: May 1st
Blank Update: July 15th (76 days)
Paid $100: July 19th (Through CSE)
Still Waiting (92 days till 30th July)