+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
ms.mech said:
*UPDATE*

Processing time increased to 98 Days as of July 3, 2015.

Hey dont panic with the processing times. I have frnds who applied on april 15th got permit at the same time ppl who applied in march didnt get.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
I applied for my PGWP on June 4th. I have not received any update on my application. In fact, I received an email saying that there has been no update on my application on July 3rd.

I had to pay my $100 while applying online. So basically, I paid $255 in one go. Is that how it is supposed to be?

Now I am considering flagpoling since my study permit expires July 31st. Who else is thinking about doing the same?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Nandini09 said:
Hey dont panic with the processing times. I have frnds who applied on april 15th got permit at the same time ppl who applied in march didnt get.
Yep. Your friend got lucky. But I was just giving general update. Thanks though.

cooliomonkey

Jun 25, 2015
Jubear can u update my processing time. I decided not to wait any longer so i went for flagpoling and got my PGWP on July/6.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooliomonkey said:
Jubear can u update my processing time. I decided not to wait any longer so i went for flagpoling and got my PGWP on July/6.
Oh great. Congratulations Cooliomonkey!

Please find the time to share your experience on the forum.

Share things such as:
- Border Office and Province
- What happened at the US side and document they gave you.
- Canada side.
- The questions that you were asked.
- Documents you presented.
- Overall time it took for you to get the PGWP.
- The time you went to the border.

Thank you.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krish2015 said:
flagpoled today at peace bridge... got pgwp!!! thanks all!!
Congratulations Krish2015!

Kindly share your experience for others from Ontario.

Cheers!

manav.diwan

Jun 30, 2015
krish2015 said:
flagpoled today at peace bridge... got pgwp!!! thanks all!!
Congratulations Krish2015.
I am planning to try it this weekend. Could you please share what documents you took and the questions they asked you please. Thanks :D

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
I am actually on holiday in the US right now while my PGWP application is in progress for over 2 months now and my SP is expiring soon.

Since the border I'm intending to flagpole at (if necessary) is separated by an underground tunnel, I cannot walk through like other borders and would need to hire a taxi to drive from the Canadian to the US side and return back and have to spend over $100 just for that.

Instead, can I ask for the PGWP on my way back from US to Canada when my actual US trip comes to an end? I have all the required documents with me in the US so I wouldn't have to go back to Canada first to get them.

Any advice?

Kayeebun

Sep 15, 2012
My study permit is expiring on July 30th and I applied on May 27th. I'm thinking of flagpole but is it too close to the expiring date on my permit? Thank you.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
I am actually on holiday in the US right now while my PGWP application is in progress for over 2 months now and my SP is expiring soon.

Since the border I'm intending to flagpole at (if necessary) is separated by an underground tunnel, I cannot walk through like other borders and would need to hire a taxi to drive from the Canadian to the US side and return back and have to spend over $100 just for that.

Instead, can I ask for the PGWP on my way back from US to Canada when my actual US trip comes to an end? I have all the required documents with me in the US so I wouldn't have to go back to Canada first to get them.

Any advice?
Yes, do exactly that. If you have your documents with you, go to the border. You can find encouragement from members here who have shared some of their experiences from page 16, 17, & 18 of this forum.

Good luck Nevillek.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayeebun said:
My study permit is expiring on July 30th and I applied on May 27th. I'm thinking of flagpole but is it too close to the expiring date on my permit? Thank you.
Its not any different from applying through CIC before it expires. Therefore, too close or less close doesn't matter. As long as you apply at the border before your SP expires. That's the key in all various applications.

So go ahead and make the adventurous journey to the border. Read through other member's experiences for some advice on what to have. From page 14 onwards.

Good luck.

Cheers!

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Is there any chance of rejection for a pgwp while flagpoling? Would it affect my online application?

If I have my online application in process, would flagpoling affect it somehow?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umssyed said:
Is there any chance of rejection for a pgwp while flagpoling? Would it affect my online application?

If I have my online application in process, would flagpoling affect it somehow?
Like in every application whether online, paper, or flagpole, there's always a possibility of being denied. Flagpoling ain't bullet proof. Its process is similar to other processes. Its all about satisfying the immigration officers with your documents and the answers you give to the questions they ask. If you fail to provide all the necessary documents they need to process your application, just like online or with paper applications, you will be denied.

Make sure you have everything. Read from page 14 onwards of this forum for more information (Also see some links provided). Gather your documents including those you think they might not need. As a word of caution, when answering verbal questions don't delve into things that they don't need to know. Answer what they asked for and be friendly not timid.

Secondly, doing a border application doesn't affect your online application. If you are approved on the border cancel the online application, other wise don't cancel.

Good luck. Let us know about your experience on your return.

Cheers!

priyaverma

Jul 9, 2015
Hello

I am planning to do flagpoling as well but I have the following concerns:

1) Do they provide 3 year Open work permit or 1 Year. Do they tell me before issuing that they will one year work permit? Can I then say that I will just wait for my online application to process and return to Canada as I will not be okay with a 1 year work permit.

2) Can they refuse me entry back to Canada? I do hold a valid visa till July 30th.

3) Can I visit US for few days and try it on my way back? They don't stop at CBSA on our way back so I do need to take a special route or something? I am thinking of going through the rainbow bridge.

Thanks!