+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

lcnana

Jan 28, 2015
michaelmevin said:
i have applied for work permit on march 29th after i got lmia approved inside canada. It has been 101 days and not yet heard from cic as i called them they told they are only processing march 21st. Can anyone help me regarding this.
hello did you get any blank update from CIC?

cheny189

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NS Experience: Express Entry e-application
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-06-2016
AOR Received.
04-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Hello everyone,

I applied my PGWP on April 8th but didn't pay the $100 open work permit holder fee. I paid the $100 through CSE on May 9th. I received blank update email on June 20th and 23rd. I call the CIC several times and most of them asked me to wait. But one of the customer rep. helped me to check my application and told me they are finalizing my application and the decision will be made for maximum a week. But until now, i've not get any update.
I just got a job offer and the HR are asking me for work permit. And my study permit is going to expired at the end of this month. So stressful! Hopefully, I will get my work permit soon. ???

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
cheny189 said:
Hello everyone,

I applied my PGWP on April 8th but didn't pay the $100 open work permit holder fee. I paid the $100 through CSE on May 9th. I received blank update email on June 20th and 23rd. I call the CIC several times and most of them asked me to wait. But one of the customer rep. helped me to check my application and told me they are finalizing my application and the decision will be made for maximum a week. But until now, i've not get any update.
I just got a job offer and the HR are asking me for work permit. And my study permit is going to expired at the end of this month. So stressful! Hopefully, I will get my work permit soon. ???
Welcome to the world.... All you need to do now is relax and be ready for the worst.. By the way, never lose hope. You will get yours soon...

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
I am so stresses out, I applied on March 19 th. I got several blank updates, still no idea about when I
Will be issued that permit. I did my master here, it more than 3 years.

manav.diwan

Jun 30, 2015
hey everyone. i am planning to use the flagpoling technique because my study permit and my SIN expire by the end of this month and i have a job waiting that i just can't afford to let go. just had a couple quick questions if someone could help me with that:
a. (this one is silly) is it okay if i go and do it on a weekend or a weekday is preferable?
b. just in case it doesn't workout at the border (which i hope doesn't happen), will it affect my online application if i choose to wait for it afterwards?

I would really appreciate some help here. thanks :)
*fingers crossed*

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manav.diwan said:
hey everyone. i am planning to use the flagpoling technique because my study permit and my SIN expire by the end of this month and i have a job waiting that i just can't afford to let go. just had a couple quick questions if someone could help me with that:
a. (this one is silly) is it okay if i go and do it on a weekend or a weekday is preferable?
b. just in case it doesn't workout at the border (which i hope doesn't happen), will it affect my online application if i choose to wait for it afterwards?

I would really appreciate some help here. thanks :)
*fingers crossed*
a) Its all relative and depends on many things. However, I encourage you to first figure out what border you want to go to. Then decide the day and time. Timing is most important. Secondly, POE are 24/7. Early morning hours is always best because its less busy. Arrive there between 8:00am and 9:00am.

b) It doesn't affect you. CBSA and CIC are independent bodies (not completely though for obvious reasons). You may withdraw your online application after you've acquired your PGWP or you can retain it if you are denied at the border usually due to insufficient documents. But again all you have to do is go back and get the missing document and return to the border.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Cheers

priyaverma

Jul 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,

How long is it taking these days to receive the PGWP? It seems they just keep on increasing their processing times w/o any change in the date of application they are processing. Right now, it says 96 days and processing March 21st which doesn't even match their own timeline. I applied on May 15th and haven't received any updates whatsoever. At the verge of losing my job as my study permit expires July 30th. CIC call centre reps are unbelievably rude. Is there anything else that can be other can wait in vain? Anybody here who received their PGWP??

Thanks!

tuwtuw

Jul 7, 2015
priyaverma said:
Hello Everyone,

How long is it taking these days to receive the PGWP? It seems they just keep on increasing their processing times w/o any change in the date of application they are processing. Right now, it says 96 days and processing March 21st which doesn't even match their own timeline. I applied on May 15th and haven't received any updates whatsoever. At the verge of losing my job as my study permit expires July 30th. CIC call centre reps are unbelievably rude. Is there anything else that can be other can wait in vain? Anybody here who received their PGWP??

Thanks!
You'll be on implied status even if your SP expires (as long as you're in Canada) -- that's legal status to continue/start a job. I don't think there is any other way out. Either gotta wait it out for the 96 days or do it through a flagpole.

priyaverma

Jul 9, 2015
tuwtuw said:
You'll be on implied status even if your SP expires (as long as you're in Canada) -- that's legal status to continue/start a job. I don't think there is any other way out. Either gotta wait it out for the 96 days or do it through a flagpole.
Companies don't seem to accept the "implied status" rule. I have 2 job offers and both the employers won't allow me to work w/o valid documentation. How does flagpole work? I have very limited knowledge about this technique. Is it legal? How long does it take process?

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Hey Jubear,

Got another blank update today. Keep up the good work buddy :).

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyaverma said:
Companies don't seem to accept the "implied status" rule. I have 2 job offers and both the employers won't allow me to work w/o valid documentation. How does flagpole work? I have very limited knowledge about this technique. Is it legal? How long does it take process?
Welcome to the forum. See the last entry on page 15 of this forum for those who have received their PGWP. Also see page 16 and 17 for links and info about flagpoling from members of this forum. Flagpoling is legal.

Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swprox said:
Hey Jubear,

Got another blank update today. Keep up the good work buddy :).
No worries my friend. I will update soon.

Cheers!

manav.diwan

Jun 30, 2015
jubear said:
a) Its all relative and depends on many things. However, I encourage you to first figure out what border you want to go to. Then decide the day and time. Timing is most important. Secondly, POE are 24/7. Early morning hours is always best because its less busy. Arrive there between 8:00am and 9:00am.

b) It doesn't affect you. CBSA and CIC are independent bodies (not completely though for obvious reasons). You may withdraw your online application after you've acquired your PGWP or you can retain it if you are denied at the border usually due to insufficient documents. But again all you have to do is go back and get the missing document and return to the border.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Cheers
Most likely i'll take the Rainbow Bridge border as I live in Toronto and it's the closest to me. Plus I don't have much of an idea about the Fort Erie border either so the rainbow bridge is the only option. thanks for clearing it out though, much appreciated. :)

Cheers

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
*UPDATE*

Processing time increased to 98 Days as of July 3, 2015.