+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

padolife

Sep 10, 2015
Am a newbie, but a seasoned follower.

I applied on June 10 2015 and got approved on September 9 2015.

I wanna apply for the Temporary Resident Visa and earlier in this forum, it says to fill a IMM5257E form but on completing the questionnaire, I ended up with a IMM5708E form which is asking me for proof of finances, and alot of things not related to TRV. Must have chosen the wrong answer in the questionnaire.

Kindly advise

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
Finally got approved today.

I applied on May 9
Blank update 2 times June 15 and July 26

Pay $100 during application and submit receipt on additional documents sections

Total processing times 121 days.

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salmaniut said:
Finally got approved today.

I applied on May 9
Blank update 2 times June 15 and July 26

Pay $100 during application and submit receipt on additional documents sections

Total processing times 121 days.
Great News, Do they send email of approval or you need to keep checking mycic account for approval?
Did they ask you for any update, I suppose not as you already submitted 100 $? I have applied on May 10 but submitted 100$ as per their request on 8 Sept, Still waiting.

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
Keep checking mycic :). No they didn't ask anything.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Well, I'll add my timeline hoping to get a virtual "It's gonna be ok...this is normal"/military blanket thrown on me and tea handing kinda thing

I applied on
- APRIL 15th
- Never received any notification asking for the 100$
- AUGUST 20th learned from a friend about the 100$ fee thing, took proactive steps and send them the receipt through case specific enquiry as suggested by the UBC website
- Approval still pending

I have to start working as a post doc at UBC in October but I'm not in Canada at the moment, the HR suggested we start a regular employer specific work visa application (paying the 230$ compliance fee and everything) but I don't know how CIC is going to take receiving 2 types of applications from me.

Thought/advice on my timeline/fate? :)

Thanks everyone

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
Checked my CIC just now, under details it says'' Approved" but application status "open"

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi, I'm new here as well. I feel like I'm losing hope each day in this endless waiting game.

Applied: May 2nd
Blank Updates:July 1, 16, 31; Aug 10, 30
$100: Requested on Aug 18 - paid the same day
Current Status: Waiting as of September 10 (131 days and counting)

anna1506

Sep 9, 2015
Hi everyone.
Want to share my experience today of flagpole.
I live in Calgary, so the closest big border is 300 km away - Coutts. It took me 3 hours drive to get there. I was on the border around 3 pm.
First I got to US border. I said that I need to see Canadian immigration officer to apply for work permit. He took my passport, asked me to park in the front of there building, sit inside and wait for papers. I got 2 papers from them. After they explained how I can make U-turn and get to Canadian side.
Other there I talked to the officer, showed my papers and she let me drive and park in the from of the CBSA.
I went inside - only 1 person. I said to the officer that I want to apply for PGWP. Showed her all documents. She asked me lot of questions. All of them were fare - where did I study, why I moved to Calgary, how I get financial support....

After 30 min she printed my PGWP and I was free to go.

I still can't believe that I got it.
I was waiting as you all 4.5 months. I applied online May 1st. I called CIC every day asking about my application, asking how and what can I do to get my WP. I was so desperate. I lost one contract and was about to loose another 2 offers.

It was a huge stress and crying every day. I don't know how I would get through all that without family and friends support.

For those who desperate and can't wait 130 or 200 days - I would recommend to go to the border. may be I was lucky, but it worked.

Good luck everyone! You will get it for sure!

visvin7270

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Toronto
NOC Code......
NOCB
Job Offer........
Yes
anna1506 said:
Hi everyone.
I live in Calgary, so the closest big border is 300 km away - Coutts. It took me 3 hours drive to get there. I was on the border around 3 pm.
First I got to US border. I said that I need to see Canadian immigration officer to apply for work permit. He took my passport, asked me to park in the front of there building, sit inside and wait for papers. I got 2 papers from them. After they explained how I can make U-turn and get to Canadian side.
Other there I talked to the officer, showed my papers and she let me drive and park in the from of the CBSA.
I went inside - only 1 person. I said to the officer that I want to apply for PGWP. Showed her all documents. She asked me lot of questions. All of them were fare - where did I study, why I moved to Calgary, how I get financial support....

I was waiting as you all 4.5 months. I applied online May 1st. I called CIC every day asking about my application, asking how and what can I do to get my WP. I was so desperate. I lost one contract and was about to loose another 2 offers.

It was a huge stress and crying every day. I don't know how I would get through all that without family and friends support.

For those who desperate and can't wait 130 or 200 days - I would recommend to go to the border. may be I was lucky, but it worked.

Did you had a valid study permit and valid trv??

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
anna1506 said:
Congratulations anna!!!!

lady0421 said:
Hi, I'm new here as well. I feel like I'm losing hope each day in this endless waiting game.
Encouragement lady0421!!! I am in the same situation, let´s hope we will get the approval soon!

If not, we can follow the way of anna!

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
anna1506 said:
Hi everyone.

How could you flagpole inspite of passing the 90 day deadline since you graduated?

capelin

Sep 11, 2015
padolife said:
Am a newbie, but a seasoned follower.

I applied on June 10 2015 and got approved on September 9 2015.

I wanna apply for the Temporary Resident Visa and earlier in this forum, it says to fill a IMM5257E form but on completing the questionnaire, I ended up with a IMM5708E form which is asking me for proof of finances, and alot of things not related to TRV. Must have chosen the wrong answer in the questionnaire.

Kindly advise
Hello everyone,

I had applied for my PGWP on June 9, 2015 but still didn't get it. I am so depressed and frustrated with this system.
I received a blank update on August 22.

I was given a job offer verbally but when they asked for a work permit, I couldn't provide and now the company is hesitating to take me.

It will be really tough to swallow if I lose this offer. :(

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
capelin said:
Hello everyone,

I had applied for my PGWP on June 9, 2015 but still didn't get it. I am so depressed and frustrated with this system.
I received a blank update on August 22.

I was given a job offer verbally but when they asked for a work permit, I couldn't provide and now the company is hesitating to take me.

It will be really tough to swallow if I lose this offer. :(
Buddy, I applied on May 6 and still waiting, and there are other people from May beginning that are still waiting. So I don't think you should worry so much as a June applicant, as those June applicants who have been approved are just lucky that their applications are being processed randomly in advance of the actual processing timelines on their website that indicate that they're currently processing applications of May 5 and earlier right now.