Aug 20, 2015
vinothku said:
Hey Guys,

My PGWP timeline is as below.

Applied : April 28th 2015
Case specific enquiry for $100 Payment : July 6th
Blank Update: April 29th , July 10th , Aug 11th
Status - Open (120+ Days)

I spoke to a rep from the call centre and asked if they received my $100 payment and they have confirmed that they have. However, they do not have any idea of what the holdup is and cannot give me a timeline. I want to visit home and this is forever delaying the process.

Some of my friends who applied after me have received their confirmation. Can you guys please tell, if there is someone in a similar situation as mine. What should i do?
I believe there are many applicants in the same situation, including myself. Not only April applicants but also May applicants. I think the holdup is due to the extra 100 fee as you can see they are mainly dealing with June applications now because for June applications, they all paid in full. So at present, people only paid 155 have been left out. What we can do? The only thing we can do is to enjoy the waiting, nothing else. Don't make self so upset otherwise it will be very hard for every day of waiting. I know it's really really frustrating. Cheer up. We are all waiting together.

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
cloud588 said:
I believe there are many applicants in the same situation, including myself. Not only April applicants but also May applicants. I think the holdup is due to the extra 100 fee as you can see they are mainly dealing with June applications now because for June applications, they all paid in full. So at present, people only paid 155 have been left out. What we can do? The only thing we can do is to enjoy the waiting, nothing else. Don't make self so upset otherwise it will be very hard for every day of waiting. I know it's really really frustrating. Cheer up. We are all waiting together.
Thank you very much. Lets hope for the best out of this bad situation.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
What do you think if we add the information of the city (province) we are applying from to try to find the reason for the delay.
Can be also geographical?
I think in May we apply tons of students just graduated in April, once we got the Letter from our College/University.

Chiliwilli
Applied: May 7th
Paid $100: Aug 25th (as requested by CIC)
Blank Update: Monthly
Current Status: Waiting as of September 9th (day 126)

City: Calgary (AB)

keiths

Sep 4, 2015
cloud588 said:
Hahaha with this prolooong wait, I'm afraid few people may get mental illness including me.. OMFG..!!

cloud588

Aug 20, 2015
keiths said:
Hahaha with this prolooong wait, I'm afraid few people may get mental illness including me.. OMFG..!!
;D you mean OCD? Can't help checking status every secs. LoL.... Life is not easy. Have fun. Cheers.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
We should organize a PGWP Applicants Parade in the big cities.

This can help to minimize our mental stress too.

Will they make a decission for Christmas??? I want to go home!!!

:'(

cloud588

Aug 20, 2015
chiliwilli said:
We should organize a PGWP Applicants Parade in the big cities.

This can help to minimize our mental stress too.

Will they make a decission for Christmas??? I want to go home!!!

:'(
If they would like to finish applications paid in full first rather than applications paid in 155, anything is possible.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It always nice to see some banter and good vibes from you guys. :)

That's the spirit.

Keiths, I think the disease is PGWP-WMD (WMD for Waiting Mental Disorder)!!!

With symptoms such as;
1. Checking application status every second.
2. Jitteriness.
3. Worrying.
4. Thinking about suing CIC.
5. Causing damage to the computer keyboard.
6. Dreaming about the approval in your sleep.

Cheers!

cloud588

Aug 20, 2015
jubear said:

That's the spirit.

With symptoms such as;
1. Checking application status every second
2. Jitteriness
3. Worrying
4. Thinking about suing CIC
5. Causing damage to the computer keyboard

Cheers!
Point 5 is hilarious.
P.S. 6. Dreaming of getting approval during sleeping.
Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloud588 said:
Point 5 is hilarious.
P.S. 6. Dreaming of getting approval during sleeping.
Cheers!
Cloud588,

Very true. Coincidentally, I have a friend who dreamed about getting approval. The next day he excitedly checked his online status, but unfortunately it was still reading "Not Started." He froze!

Oh, boy! If all wishes were horses .......

Cheers!

keiths

Sep 4, 2015
jubear said:

That's the spirit.

With symptoms such as;
1. Checking application status every second
2. Jitteriness
3. Worrying
4. Thinking about suing CIC
5. Causing damage to the computer keyboard

Cheers!
Cloud, chill will and juber.. You guys made me laugh for more than 5min..

These days, this thread has become more interesting than FB and 9gag for me.

After seeing #velaar timeline, I have decided to email my employer better hire another person with WP and to relax till I get the permit..

No surprise if August grads get permits and jobs..

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi Jubear and other experts here,

I got the approval message from CIC last week and I am still waiting for it by mail. I was wondering if I can renew my SIN with this approval receipt? I am asking this because my employer is rushing me to get a valid SIN or else my current offer is at risk of slipping away. Any advice?

Thanks,
Raghav.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raghav30389 said:
Hi Jubear and other experts here,

I got the approval message from CIC last week and I am still waiting for it by mail. I was wondering if I can renew my SIN with this approval receipt? I am asking this because my employer is rushing me to get a valid SIN or else my current offer is at risk of slipping away. Any advice?

Thanks,
Raghav.
Raghav30389,

Print out the PDF file attached by CIC in its original colour format. Find and head out to your nearest Service Canada office here: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-srch.cgi?app=hme&ln=eng. Explain your situation fully to the Service Canada agents and that you are about to lose your job. Show the PDF you printed out showing the approval. Also remember to go with your passport. Its a requirement at Service Canada.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Cheers!

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi guys!
Finally April 24th got an aceptance letter!!

My spouse extending and OWP based on my SP :))
so there is a hope for all of you waiting for so long, it will come ;)

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
Due to his merits (experience, hints and tips) I recommend to the Government of Canada to hire Jubear with inmediate effect as Inmigration officer, PGWP department.

I bet all our applications claims would get a fast answer!!!

Votes....???