+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who have responsibly written a well thought out email to the Minister. I just wanted to thank you for showing concern and taking action.

I've been there and know how frustrating it is to be waiting. Even though I got my PGWP months ago, I'm still here to encourage everyone to have a voice and do something about it. Its okay to complain and show frustration on this forum. Its understandable. However, not doing anything about it is a shame.

Therefore, I call upon all lurkers/silent viewers and members of this forum to please take it a step further and write about this PGWP situation to The Honorable John McCallum. It is for your own sake. I've mentioned before that if you applied for a PGWP, but you don't end up getting it by the end of 2015, chances are that things will be more complicated after that. In fact, the first session of the 42nd Parliament is scheduled to open on Thursday, December 3, 2015.

So, use this weekend to craft a detailed, eloquent and persuasive email voicing your concerns, fears, job loss, frustration, stress, and perhaps feelings of discrimination in the processing of applications. See page 144 for the email/postal details.

Cheers and enjoy your weekend!

Jo_Zhao

Nov 7, 2015
jubear said:

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who have responsibly written a well thought out email to the Minister. I just wanted to thank you for showing concern and taking action.

I've been there and know how frustrating it is to be waiting. Even though I got my PGWP months ago, I'm still here to encourage everyone to have a voice and do something about it. Its okay to complain and show frustration on this forum. Its understandable. However, not doing anything about it is a shame.

Therefore, I call upon all lurkers/silent viewers and members of this forum to please take it a step further and write about this PGWP situation to The Honorable John McCallum. It is for your own sake. I've mentioned before that if you applied for a PGWP, but you don't end up getting it by the end of 2015, chances are that things will be more complicated after that. In fact, the first session of the 42nd Parliament is scheduled to open on Thursday, December 3, 2015.

So, use this weekend to craft a detailed, eloquent and persuasive email voicing your concerns, fears, job loss, frustration, stress, and perhaps feelings of discrimination in the processing of applications. See page 144 for the email/postal details.

Cheers and enjoy your weekend!
I can't agree more on this! Frustrations and worries are not helping at all! Please take action, guys!

BTW! Thank you for doing this jubear!

banga

Nov 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

It's my first post, but I was reading this forum for a long time. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, it helps a lot.

So, because today, finally I have PGWP in my hands I want to share my experience.

I applied for PGWP online August 24th (the day I got my transcript from school), so it's been just a little bit more than few months (which is not that bad comparing with so many people in here), I received few blank updates.
Then I found a job that I really really like, in the field that I was studying, I started feel really stressed because of the idea of maybe losing this job and not being able to plan my trip home.
So, I decided to flagpole. I did it today, and besides that it was pouring today everywhere around and in Vancouver, everything went really well.

I went to Peace Arch Crossing, BC. I don't have a car, so had to use public transport. I took a skytrain to Bridgeport, from there catched the 351 bus going to White Rock and then took a cab($15, here is cab number I was using: 604-533-3333, Pacific Cabs) to the border.
Cab took me right next to the Canadian custom building, I wasn't sure where pedestrian path was, so wen't straight to one of officer, who was standing outside and asked where to go.
Then I took 10min walk to the American custom building, there was quite a lot of people in there, but because I was pedestrian I had a separate lineup, which was way shorter. I gave my passport to the officer and told him that I'm flagpoling. He just asked if I'm by myself and then made a little joke about my super long surname. With the white paper that he gave me I walked back to the Canadian side.
At the Canadian border officer gave me a yellow paper, which showed which line should I join in the building.
The Canadian building was almost empty, so I didn't have to wait at all. I was called by the officer right away, I told her that I want to apply for PGWP, gave her my passport, study permit (which expires Nov 30) and my transcript from school. The officer was very lovely lady, only thing that she asked me was if I'm aware of the fee and that my work permit is going to be the same length as my studies was (my studies was 11months long and I got one year work permit). I waited for 5-10mins then she called me to pay the fees and then I waited another 5 mins. And.that.was.it. I couldn't believe how fast and easy the whole thing was (which I'm sure always depends on the officer you have to deal with).

Also, note that I was still in my 90 day window after graduating.

I just sent an online application withdraw request on CIC.

All the best to everyone who is still waiting!!!

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
banga said:
Hi everyone,

It's my first post, but I was reading this forum for a long time. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, it helps a lot.

So, because today, finally I have PGWP in my hands I want to share my experience.

I applied for PGWP online August 24th (the day I got my transcript from school), so it's been just a little bit more than few months (which is not that bad comparing with so many people in here), I received few blank updates.
Then I found a job that I really really like, in the field that I was studying, I started feel really stressed because of the idea of maybe losing this job and not being able to plan my trip home.
So, I decided to flagpole. I did it today, and besides that it was pouring today everywhere around and in Vancouver, everything went really well.

I went to Peace Arch Crossing, BC. I don't have a car, so had to use public transport. I took a skytrain to Bridgeport, from there catched the 351 bus going to White Rock and then took a cab($15, here is cab number I was using: 604-533-3333, Pacific Cabs) to the border.
Cab took me right next to the Canadian custom building, I wasn't sure where pedestrian path was, so wen't straight to one of officer, who was standing outside and asked where to go.
Then I took 10min walk to the American custom building, there was quite a lot of people in there, but because I was pedestrian I had a separate lineup, which was way shorter. I gave my passport to the officer and told him that I'm flagpoling. He just asked if I'm by myself and then made a little joke about my super long surname. With the white paper that he gave me I walked back to the Canadian side.
At the Canadian border officer gave me a yellow paper, which showed which line should I join in the building.
The Canadian building was almost empty, so I didn't have to wait at all. I was called by the officer right away, I told her that I want to apply for PGWP, gave her my passport, study permit (which expires Nov 30) and my transcript from school. The officer was very lovely lady, only thing that she asked me was if I'm aware of the fee and that my work permit is going to be the same length as my studies was (my studies was 11months long and I got one year work permit). I waited for 5-10mins then she called me to pay the fees and then I waited another 5 mins. And.that.was.it. I couldn't believe how fast and easy the whole thing was (which I'm sure always depends on the officer you have to deal with).

Also, note that I was still in my 90 day window after graduating.

I just sent an online application withdraw request on CIC.

All the best to everyone who is still waiting!!!
Congratulations! Are you from a visa-exempt country?

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
mets15 said:
I think you should be okay because the university considered you full-time. I was full time for the first three semesters and then part-time in the last as my requirements were done. As long as you don't do it any other semester except the last, it should be fine and you have explained it in your letter.. might take longer to get the decision but should be okay. Good luck!
Hey MET15 and JUBEAR thanks for your reply.

The thing is with my application - I had a total of 5 semesters and the 4th semester I did one online and 2 in school (Would this be considered part-time?) and my 5th I had one course Though I was full-time according to Uni for the 4th semester, I did not submit a letter with my original application. However, I submitted one later.

status

Jul 8, 2015
jubear said:

Hello ChrisV, Jace, 50-50, BPanthler, JoseCarlosg7, Adlmer, Ccar, Jhota, Gn02090867, and Status,

I just wanted to say, congratulations! The stressful and frustrating wait is over.

Don't forget to update your fellow applicants on when you received your PGWP. Remember to always check out the forum and help out others who are still waiting.

Good luck with your careers.

Cheers!

thank you so much Jubear! Wishing all the best to everyone who got their work permit and who are still hoping for it.

zsquare

Oct 23, 2015
Ares91 said:
Hello fellow PGWP applicants,

I had a question, is it possible to go back to my home country (pakistan) and get the TRV there after getting the work permit. I really don't have time to wait for my passport to get stamped.
Ares91, I think you can apply from Canadian Embassy in Islamabad once you get your work permit. However, I recommend you check and compare the visa processing times for applications submitted in Canada and at Islamabad, Pakistan. I would rather wait here for couple of weeks and get my visa, than go outside Canada and wait for months. ::)

Oct 24, 2015
I'm a May 15th applicant. Still no update from CICI. I emailed my local MP a few weeks ago but he hasn't set up his office yet. I also emailed the Minister today. Hopefully this will speed things up.

I do have a question though. If in the worst case scenario, I still can't get my permit in December and I travel outside Canada. Will that affect the decision on my case?

Thanks for everyone who share updates and positive thoughts on this forum. I really appreciate it.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Stefanovic said:
Hey MET15 and JUBEAR thanks for your reply.

The thing is with my application - I had a total of 5 semesters and the 4th semester I did one online and 2 in school (Would this be considered part-time?) and my 5th I had one course Though I was full-time according to Uni for the 4th semester, I did not submit a letter with my original application. However, I submitted one later.
Hey Stefanovic, I think it should be okay since it was out of your control and you have a letter. It may take longer to process your file but it should be okay.

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
mets15 said:
Hey Stefanovic, I think it should be okay since it was out of your control and you have a letter. It may take longer to process your file but it should be okay.
Hey MET15, Thank you for replying. That does make me feel a little better.

hr603764

Aug 6, 2015
Late Post (Approval)

Applied: June 11th
Blank Update: Every Month
Current Status: Approved October 27th
Mail Delivery : Mailed November 2nd

Jo_Zhao

Nov 7, 2015
Urgent! I really need helps right now!

It was my false that I didn't realize studying part time in the last two semester will affect my PGWP, and I didn't include a letter to explain that for my application!

I studied for my program for 5 years, and I have three semester part time.

One is in 2012, I decided to have a semester off, and I took one online course. (I didn't regret since i really wanted to have a break with my family for our country's new year and that was the last time I saw my grandpa.)

For my last two semester, I have three course to complete. In the second to last semester, one course was not offered, and another course was taught by a very bad professor. I have to separated these three courses to two semesters anyway, so I choose to take one course in the second to last semester, and two courses in my last semester.

Now I am really worried about the status of my application. Any is there anyway I can prevent myself being rejected? I didn't submit a letter to explain this issue. Is there anyway I can submit a letter to explain this?

Thank you so much for your helps!!!

BTW, i applied on June 12th.

Ares91

Sep 26, 2015
Hello guys.

Did anyone else got a blank update on a sunday? what does a blank update mean? I applied on september 5 and its been about 60 days