AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Ares91 said:
Hello guys.

Did anyone else got a blank update on a sunday? what does a blank update mean? I applied on september 5 and its been about 60 days
I got one today too. I applied on September 10th. Sunday night is a weird time for an update. I logged in and there was no change.

RBel

Sep 9, 2015
Hoping for a productive week at the CIC offices! They seemed pretty on the ball this last week, so here's hoping they carry on their form.

Ares91

Sep 26, 2015
samroc said:
I got one today too. I applied on September 10th. Sunday night is a weird time for an update. I logged in and there was no change.
Yeah that's what i thought too... maybe we are close to getting the permit?? fingers crossed

adlmer

Sep 23, 2015
I wonder why educational institutions do not guide students that if they study part time, it may affect PGWP application. I still believe u may get PGWP as u did study full time for 4 years at a recognized institution. If your completion letter says that u were a full time student, u shud not worry. Even if it does not, I have feeling that if you worry and send in Case Specific Inquiries, it may confuse the officer further unless you write it very clearly and concisely along with reasons/limitations. General approach is to keep use of Case Specific Enquiries minimum as it is more paperwork for officer, thus, more delays (delays are not bad if the other alternative is sure rejection but depends if u r waiting for too long, u might as well wish that application gets rejected earlier rather than so late).

Think and write your options and evaluate what to do next.

Best wishes,

Jo_Zhao said:
Urgent! I really need helps right now!

It was my false that I didn't realize studying part time in the last two semester will affect my PGWP, and I didn't include a letter to explain that for my application!

I studied for my program for 5 years, and I have three semester part time.

One is in 2012, I decided to have a semester off, and I took one online course. (I didn't regret since i really wanted to have a break with my family for our country's new year and that was the last time I saw my grandpa.)

For my last two semester, I have three course to complete. In the second to last semester, one course was not offered, and another course was taught by a very bad professor. I have to separated these three courses to two semesters anyway, so I choose to take one course in the second to last semester, and two courses in my last semester.

Now I am really worried about the status of my application. Any is there anyway I can prevent myself being rejected? I didn't submit a letter to explain this issue. Is there anyway I can submit a letter to explain this?

Thank you so much for your helps!!!

BTW, i applied on June 12th.

adlmer

Sep 23, 2015
Thank you Jubear, we will. Your positivism is the light of this forum. ;D

jubear said:

Hello ChrisV, Jace, 50-50, BPanthler, JoseCarlosg7, Adlmer, Ccar, Jhota, Gn02090867, and Status,

I just wanted to say, congratulations! The stressful and frustrating wait is over.

Don't forget to update your fellow applicants on when you received your PGWP. Remember to always check out the forum and help out others who are still waiting.

Good luck with your careers.

Cheers!

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
jubear said:

Hello ChrisV, Jace, 50-50, BPanthler, JoseCarlosg7, Adlmer, Ccar, Jhota, Gn02090867, and Status,

I just wanted to say, congratulations! The stressful and frustrating wait is over.

Don't forget to update your fellow applicants on when you received your PGWP. Remember to always check out the forum and help out others who are still waiting.

Good luck with your careers.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for your great help jubear!

memehn

Oct 29, 2015
jubear said:

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who have responsibly written a well thought out email to the Minister. I just wanted to thank you for showing concern and taking action.

I've been there and know how frustrating it is to be waiting. Even though I got my PGWP months ago, I'm still here to encourage everyone to have a voice and do something about it. Its okay to complain and show frustration on this forum. Its understandable. However, not doing anything about it is a shame.

Therefore, I call upon all lurkers/silent viewers and members of this forum to please take it a step further and write about this PGWP situation to The Honorable John McCallum. It is for your own sake. I've mentioned before that if you applied for a PGWP, but you don't end up getting it by the end of 2015, chances are that things will be more complicated after that. In fact, the first session of the 42nd Parliament is scheduled to open on Thursday, December 3, 2015.

So, use this weekend to craft a detailed, eloquent and persuasive email voicing your concerns, fears, job loss, frustration, stress, and perhaps feelings of discrimination in the processing of applications. See page 144 for the email/postal details.

Cheers and enjoy your weekend!
Email has been sent!!! I wish new government could actually do something to help us !!!!!

pgwp2015

Oct 21, 2015
sleeplesswitch said:
I'm a May 15th applicant. Still no update from CICI. I emailed my local MP a few weeks ago but he hasn't set up his office yet. I also emailed the Minister today. Hopefully this will speed things up.

I do have a question though. If in the worst case scenario, I still can't get my permit in December and I travel outside Canada. Will that affect the decision on my case?

Thanks for everyone who share updates and positive thoughts on this forum. I really appreciate it.
i am 15th may applicant too...i saw ppl of this date getting approvals last week and therefore i am hopeful i will get mine too this week...tried contacting mp but office isnt set up yet..

RBel

Sep 9, 2015
pgwp2015 said:
i am 15th may applicant too...i saw ppl of this date getting approvals last week and therefore i am hopeful i will get mine too this week...tried contacting mp but office isnt set up yet..
May 15th Applicant here as well. Staying hopeful.

I want luck

Nov 4, 2015
pgwp2015 said:
I check this forum everyday and many times a day to see if May applicants are getting approval. Every time I feel as excited as ppl who get their PGWP, because I I am May19 applicant. I wish you can get your PGWP as soon as possible, so I can still have a hope to expect mine in one week. Let us know if you get approval. Wish all of us luck.

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
I want luck said:
I check this forum everyday and many times a day to see if May applicants are getting approval. Every time I feel as excited as ppl who get their PGWP, because I I am May19 applicant. I wish you can get your PGWP as soon as possible, so I can still have a hope to expect mine in one week. Let us know if you get approval. Wish all of us luck.
This is precisely what I do these days ha ha. And I am a May 10th applicant, saw last week 2-3 people getting approved who applied on May10th, I am praying I get approved this week.

nkhorasi

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-9-2016
Nomination.....
19-8-2016
AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
Approved.
Timeline:

Full $255 Fees Payment and Application Submission: 11th May 2015
Blank Updates: Never LOL
Contacted CIC: 14th September, 12th October, 20th October
Contacted MP few weeks ago to no success: 21st October 2015
Approved: 9th November 2015 (Just short off by 2 days for 6 months of processing time)
Mail Delivery: Eagerly Awaited.

Thanks for this amazing post to all Moderators. Stay Positive and Keep fighting.

lucatony

Sep 10, 2015
Finally after half a year of waiting, the status online changed to approved this morning. Here is my time line:
Applied: May 12th
Paid $100: Sept 9th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: July 27, August 1
Current Status: Approved on November 9. Total waiting time 180 days :eek:.
Mail Delivery: Pending
Good luck everyone and thanks Jubear for giving us a place to share our experience of application.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Congrats to all the May applicants!! Finally they are clearing that backlog. Wondering if any June people are also starting to hear back or calling CIC and getting any different information? Seems like May and June was not a good time to have applied at all eh :(