+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Timelines for application for PR under NEW Caring for Children Pathway

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
mylady833 said:
I read before that old LCP can also apply under the new pathway, so it is your option to apply in both, you will only spend more as you will be paying for both application fee. Are you single or married with dependents? Single without dependentd under the old rule can get their PR 6 mos the most. Under the new pathway i dont have any idea for single but i know someone who is married with dependents got hers on 6mos.
i am planning to get married before applyig for pr. I am under the new rule but I'm scared taht if i apply for both old and new way, they would automatically delete me from the old program. woukd really like to apply under the new rule

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
could you typed in english?
if you are single, you can submit the 3900 hours to apply pr. I know many single person got her/ his pr in 2-3 months in 2015
if you have family with you, i recommend you to submit your application through new pathway.
sorry! thought you were filipino :) I am planning to apply for both but Im really having second thoughts because i'm scared that they might delete me from the old live in caregiver program if ever I choose to apply under the new caregiver pathway. If not, I would apply for both. I am planning to get married before submitting my application and I know it would take long to get our pr if I have a husband already.

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
themapledreamer said:
sorry! thought you were filipino :) I am planning to apply for both but Im really having second thoughts because i'm scared that they might delete me from the old live in caregiver program if ever I choose to apply under the new caregiver pathway. If not, I would apply for both. I am planning to get married before submitting my application and I know it would take long to get our pr if I have a husband already.
Cic officer will ask you which one you want to go through, new pathway or old LCP, they wont delete your application without your opinion.
if you are going to marry before applying pr, I suggest you to submit through new pathway. For new pathway PROMISE to pass your application in 6 months.
For the old LCP, single's application passed really fast, but family's application need to wait for 47 months...

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
Cic officer will ask you which one you want to go through, new pathway or old LCP, they wont delete your application without your opinion.
if you are going to marry before applying pr, I suggest you to submit through new pathway. For new pathway PROMISE to pass your application in 6 months.
For the old LCP, single's application passed really fast, but family's application need to wait for 47 months...
yah but in the old program, There's no cap. in the new pathway, there's a cap and u can only stay in Canada for 4 yrs right? so u really need to be fast :( is there a way to know how many people has applied to the new pathway or if it has reached the cap already?

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
themapledreamer said:
yah but in the old program, There's no cap. in the new pathway, there's a cap and u can only stay in Canada for 4 yrs right? so u really need to be fast :( is there a way to know how many people has applied to the new pathway or if it has reached the cap already?
I called CIC before, they told me there is a NOTE part on the website if the cap has been reached.
So if you didnt see the NOTE on the website, that means they are still accept new applications.

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
I called CIC before, they told me there is a NOTE part on the website if the cap has been reached.
So if you didnt see the NOTE on the website, that means they are still accept new applications.
hi cass! what were the procedures done for the medical examination?

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
themapledreamer said:
call the doctor on cic website list, they will explain everything to you..

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
themapledreamer said:
just go there walk in with your passport and work permit. Tell the receptionist you need an upfront medical. In the Cic website are the list of accredited doctors and their location.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
themapledreamer said:
for sure cap is hard to reach since only a few applied for new pathwah, for this year I guess it's not even a hundred, hehehehe

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
themapledreamer said:
HIV,hepa B, syphilis and venereal diseases, if you declare you are diabetic or if the BP result would be above 140/90 then you're subject for creatinine test, if your creatinine test is normal, I guess having diabetic and being hypertensive is acceptable, also, x-Ray and short interview by the doctor and physical exam.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
call the doctor on cic website list, they will explain everything to you..
cass, if you mind, what was the degree you finished back home? Do you have any Dependents? I will be filing next week.

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
cass, if you mind, what was the degree you finished back home? Do you have any Dependents? I will be filing next week.
I am single, and i dont have any dependents with me. And I got bachelor degree in my homeland...

Still waiting for news from cic....It takes tooooooooo long... :(

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
espasol said:
btw, are you going to apply under the old live in caregiver rule for pr too? or just the new caregiver pathway.