+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Timelines for application for PR under NEW Caring for Children Pathway

Masyana

Apr 1, 2018
Hello. In my head is a mess. I want apply for owp/pr on the end this July.Because I will be have 3900 hours(44h per week)and 22 months in July. But my noc 6474 in job offer .What pathway is the best for me?Live in caregiver or Caring for children? In my occupation is Live in caregiver (WP) . But job offer issued 2016.Can I apply as live in caregiver after 22 months old pathway??? Wtat option is right ?
I arrived in September 2016. My WP expires until 14 September 2018.

amylizzywood

Apr 16, 2018
Hello. In my head is a mess. I want apply for owp/pr on the end this July.Because I will be have 3900 hours(44h per week)and 22 months in July. But my noc 6474 in job offer .What pathway is the best for me?Live in caregiver or Caring for children? In my occupation is Live in caregiver (WP) . But job offer issued 2016.Can I apply as live in caregiver after 22 months old pathway??? Wtat option is right ?
I arrived in September 2016. My WP expires until 14 September 2018.

For the caring for children pathways :-
You need to compete 2 years date to date of at least 30 hours. You can't add up hours and work less time.

From cic website :-

Note: On January 31, 2012, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and Statistics Canada replaced the 2006 edition of the NOC with the 2011 edition. Applications received under the caring for children and caring for people with high medical needs classes must be assessed against the 2011 edition of the NOC. This means that all applicants must demonstrate that they meet the requirements specified in the 2011 NOC occupational description irrespective of the coding of their work permit. For example, an applicant with a work permit issued under NOC 6474 per the 2006 edition would be eligible to apply under the caring for children class, provided they demonstrate they meet the requirements specified in the 2011 NOC 4411 description

Here is the link to info about applying through the live in caregiver -

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/canada-application-permanent-residence-caregivers.html

Masyana

Apr 1, 2018
Thank you so much. Unfortunately that 3900h not works for this pathway. On July I will be have 3900h. But must to work for 24 months. How long time need to wait OWP after apply?

amylizzywood

Apr 16, 2018
Thank you so much. Unfortunately that 3900h not works for this pathway. On July I will be have 3900h. But must to work for 24 months. How long time need to wait OWP after apply?

You said you arrived in September 2016? If you Work until September 2018 then you will have your 2 years. As long as cic receive your application before your current work permit expires you can stay past your expiry date until they make a decision. My work permit expired last September (20th) 2017 but I submitted my work permit extension and they reviewed it on the 13th- I then found out on January 3rd that it had been approved.

My timeline so far for the caring for children pathway is -
May 1st- posted
May 3rd-received in Vegreville
May 8th-cic notified me they are processing my application
May 15th-processing complete/notified me of my interviews date
June 5th- interview

So it’s all relatively quick :)

Masyana

Apr 1, 2018
Thank you for reply. I arrived 15th September2016 but started my job 17th Sep. Im my occupation(WP) Live in caregiver. Job offer noc 6474. I am working 44 hours. On end of July I will be have 3900hours 22 months. I want apply for Live in caregiver. But I don't know can or not to use old pathway?
I had IELTS and medicine before visa to Canada. If I use new pathway I must have new test and medicine? I have 2 depends. My WP expires13 September. When I can apply for OWP/PR.(if new pathway)?

amylizzywood

Apr 16, 2018
Thank you for reply. I arrived 15th September2016 but started my job 17th Sep. Im my occupation(WP) Live in caregiver. Job offer noc 6474. I am working 44 hours. On end of July I will be have 3900hours 22 months. I want apply for Live in caregiver. But I don't know can or not to use old pathway?
I had IELTS and medicine before visa to Canada. If I use new pathway I must have new test and medicine? I have 2 depends. My WP expires13 September. When I can apply for OWP/PR.(if new pathway)?

Which city are you located in? West coast domestic workers in Vancouver offer free advice and can help you. I’m not sure about the live in caregiver program but for the caring for children you need to finish 24 months of work. I had to do my medical again.

Reactions: Dimi2015

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a friend that came under NOC4411 In Home Caregiver Nanny.
Arrived : Sep 9, 2016
WP Expired: Sep 8, 2018 (must leave Canada)

She is still working with the same employer. Can she apply for an extension? Does she need for a new LMIA? When is the best to apply for PR? Can she send the PR application before 24 months?

Thanks for your reply.

Jainul1998

Jul 19, 2019
Hi everyone. Please I’m a bit worried,here is my timeline and i applied under the new pathway.

PR Application sent; August 28 2017
AOR ; September 10 2017
Eligibility letter ; September 20 2017

No update since then and the processing time for the new pathway is 3 months. I have one dependant. I have called them multiple times,but they kept telling me that my application is in progress. Any new pathway applicant? Please share your timeline.
I am waiting since 7 months.i applied caring for children pathway .tThey sent me biomatrics rquest two months before.still waiting.

Jen01

Sep 28, 2019
Hi everyone, not sure how the processing of permanent resident application is going this day. I have been waiting now for 9months, and it’s killing me. I’m out of status and got a remover order, but and scare to leave or remain in the country. Anyone received news lately?