+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Is the interview a mandatory step for everybody in order to get the pr? Or they only call a few selected ppl for the interview?
I don't think its really a full interview, from what I hear everyone has to do it, its just a few basic questions and it is a formality. But I hope we get the email soon, its been over 2 months since the eligibility letter email. One of our friends got the eligibility letter around the same time and got her pr over a month ago...

Reactions: wangmin

wangmin

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone had an update these days? After the second medical request for my husband, they did not send an interview letter, it is almost one month. Pray it will come tomorrow.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Has anyone had an update these days? After the second medical request for my husband, they did not send an interview letter, it is almost one month. Pray it will come tomorrow.
We have been waiting 2 months since the eligibility letter with no updates. I just want this to come!

maryazab

Feb 2, 2018
Hello everyone! This is my timeline. I'm single and don't have any dependants.

PR Application sent to Vegreville:
October 13, 2017

Received by the cic:
October 18, 2017

Application Started:
December 7, 2017

OWP approved and Eligibility email:
January 24, 2018

:)

Reactions: joeythecat

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hello everyone! This is my timeline. I'm single and don't have any dependants.

PR Application sent to Vegreville:
October 13, 2017

Received by the cic:
October 18, 2017

Application Started:
December 7, 2017

OWP approved and Eligibility email:
January 24, 2018

:)
is this the old pathway?

we submitted ours in july 2017 and got the eligibility letter in November and are still waiting, its been over 2 months and the wait is killing us.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
my wife and I want to go to the states with her US visa for a few days, she has her open permit. Will there be any problems with the PR application in process if we go?

wangmin

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my wife and I want to go to the states with her US visa for a few days, she has her open permit. Will there be any problems with the PR application in process if we go?
You need the Canada visa and open work permit to come back

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
You need the Canada visa and open work permit to come back
I found this, looks like she can leave but only to the United States

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visa-validity-expiry-dates.html

As per R190(3)(f), foreign nationals who are normally required to have TRVs to enter Canada are exempt from that requirement when they seek to re-enter, if, since leaving Canada after being authorized to enter as a temporary resident, they have only visited St. Pierre and Miquelon or the U.S. (including the Territories and Possessions of the U.S., but not including cruises that enter international waters) and:

• are returning within the initial period authorized by an officer; or
  • are in possession of a valid VR, WP, SP or a TRP (authorizing re-entry) and are returning within the initial period authorized by an officer.
An example of R190(3)(f): A foreign national in possession of a TRV valid for 1 year, who is subsequently issued a four-year SP at a POE, may leave and return to Canada after the expiry of the TRV as long as they have only visited the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon and the SP is still valid.

Not an example of R190(3)(f): A foreign national on a cruise ship departing from the United States and entering international waters would not qualify for the visa exemption. They would require a valid TRV to re-enter Canada.

Upon re-entry, foreign nationals must comply with all other admissibility requirements. If they visit any country other than the ones stated above, they are not TRV-exempt under this provision.

Empresski

Mar 13, 2016
Hello everyone. I just want to share my timeline;

PR Application June 30, 2017
OPW Sept 14, 2017
Eligibility, Medical Request (2 dependants), Invitation to Pre arrival Feb 07, 2018

Lets keep on praying. God will make a way in his perfect time.

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
Hello everyone. I just want to share my timeline;

PR Application June 30, 2017
OPW Sept 14, 2017
Eligibility, Medical Request (2 dependants), Invitation to Pre arrival Feb 07, 2018

Lets keep on praying. God will make a way in his perfect time.
Did you apply under old pathway or new pathway...?

CJOG

Feb 9, 2018
Hi everyone. Please I’m a bit worried,here is my timeline and i applied under the new pathway.

PR Application sent; August 28 2017
AOR ; September 10 2017
Eligibility letter ; September 20 2017

No update since then and the processing time for the new pathway is 3 months. I have one dependant. I have called them multiple times,but they kept telling me that my application is in progress. Any new pathway applicant? Please share your timeline.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hi everyone. Please I’m a bit worried,here is my timeline and i applied under the new pathway.

PR Application sent; August 28 2017
AOR ; September 10 2017
Eligibility letter ; September 20 2017

No update since then and the processing time for the new pathway is 3 months. I have one dependant. I have called them multiple times,but they kept telling me that my application is in progress. Any new pathway applicant? Please share your timeline.
I think there is a thread for the new pathway, it would be better to ask them. the people in here are waiting on the old pathway processing.

Anyone have any updates? Still waiting 2.5 months from eligibility letter...

CJOG

Feb 9, 2018
I think there is a thread for the new pathway, it would be better to ask them. the people in here are waiting on the old pathway processing.

Anyone have any updates? Still waiting 2.5 months from eligibility letter...
Please do you know the thread for the new pathway?