+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
All praise and thank to God :)
I am extremely grateful and so happy.
I just get my OWP in my mail on Monday and I get schedule for interview Thursday morning :) , not even 1 week apart.

I get no AIP by email until today, in fact until 10 days ago my ecas was only stated application received but nothing about start processing.
I wrote few days ago in this thread, how I was jealous over my friend who sent her application later but her ecas was stated her application is already being process.
Well, I learnt my lesson : pray and always be positive are important in life

So here my PR application timeline (single applicant, LCP old rule option 2 :3900 hours)
CIC received :27 May
Start processing:16 July
AOR : 17 July
OWP: 19 August
Schedule for Interview : 15 September , CIC Edmonton

I called CIC right away to make sure and the CIC agent said my application was done and I should go to the interview as scheduled
(I made call basically to make sure it's not a fraud email , even though I checked several times the email sender and it was cic Edmonton)
I still feel like I am dreaming because other than AOR about a month ago, I didn't get any email from CIC until today.

Keep on praying and be positive, It seems CIC work as fast as last year :)
Good luck for all applicants :)

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
fafa1004 said:
I just get my OWP in my mail on Monday and I get schedule for interview Thursday morning :) , not even 1 week apart.

I get no AIP by email until today, in fact until 10 days ago my ecas was only stated application received but nothing about start processing.
I wrote few days ago in this thread, how I was jealous over my friend who sent her application later but her ecas was stated her application is already being process.

So here my PR application timeline (single applicant, LCP old rule option 2 :3900 hours)

I called CIC right away to make sure and the CIC agent said my application was done and I should go to the interview as scheduled
(I made call basically to make sure it's not a fraud email , even though I checked several times the email sender and it was cic Edmonton)
I still feel like I am dreaming because other than AOR about a month ago, I didn't get any email from CIC until today.

congratulations! all praises to God!
single applicant kaba?

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
themapledreamer said:
congratulations! all praises to God!
single applicant kaba?
Thank you :)
I rewrote my post from earlier and put more detail.
I don't speak Tagalog but I guess you asked whether I am single applicant . And Yes, I am single applicant

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
fafa1004 said:
Thank you :)
I rewrote my post from earlier and put more detail.
I don't speak Tagalog but I guess you asked whether I am single applicant . And Yes, I am single applicant
from what country are you? good for you! that was quick

Vruu

Jan 16, 2013
Hi everybody!! I'm a LIC from Mexico, I applied in April 2015 and I just got an email from CIC telling me to get my Police check in Mexico so things are moving along!!! Also, does anybody know when in the timeline we are supposed to get the medical exam? Is it before the police check or have they eliminated that?
I don't want to start getting my hopes up and get too excited because I thought the police check was one of the last things they requested before reaching a decision haha :p :p

I will share my timeline too!

PR Sent: Apr 16 2015
CIC received: Apr 21 2015
Started processing: June 18 2015
AOR email: June 19 2015
Police certificate request: Aug 27 2015

Also, are there any other Mexican LICs in this thread? Maybe someone can help me with this: Today I got my fingerprints and pictures done for the police check but I don't know where to send them in Mexico... Do i send all of that to CIC in Vegreville or to the Canadian embassy in Mex? I called CIC, read the website for the police check like a thousand times, and I even called the Canadian embassy back home and they couldn't tell me anything, they didn't know so they referred me to ANOOOOOTHER office, I emailed them and I'm waiting for a response! I get a little intense when it comes to CIC/PR stuff. I want to get it done as soon as I possibly can! LOL

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
Vruu said:
Hi everybody!! I'm a LIC from Mexico, I applied in April 2015 and I just got an email from CIC telling me to get my Police check in Mexico so things are moving along!!! Also, does anybody know when in the timeline we are supposed to get the medical exam? Is it before the police check or have they eliminated that?
I don't want to start getting my hopes up and get too excited because I thought the police check was one of the last things they requested before reaching a decision haha :p :p

I will share my timeline too!

PR Sent: Apr 16 2015
CIC received: Apr 21 2015
Started processing: June 18 2015
AOR email: June 19 2015
Police certificate request: Aug 27 2015

Also, are there any other Mexican LICs in this thread? Maybe someone can help me with this: Today I got my fingerprints and pictures done for the police check but I don't know where to send them in Mexico... Do i send all of that to CIC in Vegreville or to the Canadian embassy in Mex? I called CIC, read the website for the police check like a thousand times, and I even called the Canadian embassy back home and they couldn't tell me anything, they didn't know so they referred me to ANOOOOOTHER office, I emailed them and I'm waiting for a response! I get a little intense when it comes to CIC/PR stuff. I want to get it done as soon as I possibly can! LOL
LCP applicant is exempt from medical check up :) ,
from what I read in this website there are some cases when applicant is being asked for medical check but you can give a kind reminder that LCP is exempt from that (there is some special name for that , I forget )

I am not Mexican but when I sent my application I included 2 police certificate from 2 different country
Every country has different rules and authority.

May be this link can help you out :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-certificate-mexico-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales-t274653.0.html

Or

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/federal-police-certificate-mexico-t87078.15.html

Good luck with your police certificate:)

Vruu

Jan 16, 2013
fafa1004 said:
LCP applicant is exempt from medical check up :) ,
from what I read in this website there are some cases when applicant is being asked for medical check but you can give a kind reminder that LCP is exempt from that (there is some special name for that , I forget )

I am not Mexican but when I sent my application I included 2 police certificate from 2 different country
Every country has different rules and authority.

May be this link can help you out :

Good luck with your police certificate:)

OMG thank you so much!!!!! I have been trying to get this info all day!! You were a great help and a life saver!!!! Thank you ;D!!!

lela

May 14, 2013
fafa1004 said:

Are u in Canada? Why u have to go to interview? Before I come to Canada I had to go to interview is that the same or it is for Pr?

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
lela said:
Are u in Canada? Why u have to go to interview? Before I come to Canada I had to go to interview is that the same or it is for Pr?

Are u in Canada? Yes, I am in Canada
Why u have to go to interview? This interview is Landing Appointment for Confirmation of Permanent Residence
Before I come to Canada I had to go to interview is that the same or it is for PR? It's for PR

lela

May 14, 2013
fafa1004 said:
Are u in Canada? Yes, I am in Canada
Why u have to go to interview? This interview is Landing Appointment for Confirmation of Permanent Residence
Before I come to Canada I had to go to interview is that the same or it is for PR? It's for PR
Wow I didnt know that we pass throu 2nd interview :eek:. I thought that we dont have to since we already had it before we land in Canada. Your application was processed fast i guess coz you are in Edmonton. For Toronto will take longer.

Thank u and good luck:)

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
lela said:
Wow I didnt know that we pass throu 2nd interview :eek:. I thought that we dont have to since we already had it before we land in Canada. Your application was processed fast i guess coz you are in Edmonton. For Toronto will take longer.

Thank u and good luck:)
The interview we have before outside Canada is to determine whether we eligible and have enough knowledge to work as a caregiver in Canada ( to get work permit )
The interview after you sent your PR application is to determine your eligibility to become Permanent Residence of Canada (to get Permanent Residence status )
So each has its own purpose.

As far as I know , it doesn't matter where you live in Canada because all PR application under LCP is handled in Vegreville until decision was made.
Only after that the application is transferred to local CIC for interview. (CMIIW)

Thank you and good luck for you too :)

jhen0482

Oct 10, 2012
Hi 2015 applicants. I just want to share my timeline too.

I'm a married applicant.

PR and OWP sent : June 29, 2015
CIC received : July 02, 2015
AOR received : August 06, 2015 ( through email )
Application in process: August 07,2015

lela

May 14, 2013
jhen0482 said:
Hi 2015 applicants. I just want to share my timeline too.

I'm a married applicant.

PR and OWP sent : June 29, 2015
CIC received : July 02, 2015
AOR received : August 06, 2015 ( through email )
Application in process: August 07,2015
Thats good. Keep us posted we have close dates, although cic received my application earlier the status says received for pr and Iam single applicant ::)