+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

robzxy

May 26, 2013
iceebaby said:
Oh that's too bad. I thought it would come this month if we based it on the timeline of the applicants ahead of us. Most of them got their OWP a month and a week after the AOR was issued. I applied on the 29th, I thought I'd get it this week but I guess my assumptions were wrong. :( ;D ;)

Btw, I was reading the thread for the new pathway, somebody got "decision made" in two months. I wish the CIC is not taking those who applied under the old LCP for granted. That would really suck.
Yeah and it would be unfair for us too.
I submitted mine july 27. Got aor aug.27.
Youre right about others' timeline. Im praying we will have our owp this month. Lets keep ea other posted.

Robcojuangco3

Sep 9, 2013
Surrey B.C. Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2015
Doc's Request.
15-08-2015/ 04/15/2016
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
robzxy said:
Yeah and it would be unfair for us too.
I submitted mine july 27. Got aor aug.27.
Youre right about others' timeline. Im praying we will have our owp this month. Lets keep ea other posted.
Hi just want to ask, if you tried to open your acct. through ECAS or CIC check application status? our timeline is pretty close. thanks

lela

May 14, 2013
iceebaby said:
Oh that's too bad. I thought it would come this month if we based it on the timeline of the applicants ahead of us. Most of them got their OWP a month and a week after the AOR was issued. I applied on the 29th, got mu AOR on the 5th of august. I thought I'd get my OWP this week but I guess my assumptions were wrong. :( ;D ;)

Btw, I was reading the thread for the new pathway, somebody got "decision made" in two months. I wish the CIC is not taking those who applied under the old LCP for granted. That would really suck.
I was thinking the same but cic surprised us. Sometimes I feel some people are more lucky than others. My application is gonna be soon 3months and not only i dont have the Owp but the pr application status is just received. I guess we just have to wait since we cant do anything :(. If i knew i could apply under new path I could chose to do it coz so much stress about these papers.

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
lela said:
I was thinking the same but cic surprised us. Sometimes I feel some people are more lucky than others. My application is gonna be soon 3months and not only i dont have the Owp but the pr application status is just received. I guess we just have to wait since we cant do anything :(. If i knew i could apply under new path I could chose to do it coz so much stress about these papers.
That is so true, some people have more luck than others. Unfortunately for me, I always have to work hard and wait long for everything. The universe does not go easy on me :'(

I just phoned the CIC and I was told they cannot verify when my OWP will be issued because my application has not exceeded 4 months. The agent told me that OWPs are typically granted 4 mos after application. I was like, yeah right meanwhile there are people who gets decision made barely 3 months after submission. I find it unfair to be honest, new pathway or not, we all went through the same, same job, same hours. And if they can approve applicants fast enough under the new pathway, why not do the same under the old program? There aren't a lot of us anymore and honestly, single applicants like me/you do not require extensive work for them. Oh well, sorry for ranting, I guess my period's around the corner that's why I get upset easily ;D :p

lela

May 14, 2013
iceebaby said:
That is so true, some people have more luck than others. Unfortunately for me, I always have to work hard and wait long for everything. The universe does not go easy on me :'(

I just phoned the CIC and I was told they cannot verify when my OWP will be issued because my application has not exceeded 4 months. The agent told me that OWPs are typically granted 4 mos after application. I was like, yeah right meanwhile there are people who gets decision made barely 3 months after submission. I find it unfair to be honest, new pathway or not, we all went through the same, same job, same hours. And if they can approve applicants fast enough under the new pathway, why not do the same under the old program? There aren't a lot of us anymore and honestly, single applicants like me/you do not require extensive work for them. Oh well, sorry for ranting, I guess my period's around the corner that's why I get upset easily ;D :p
Oh my dear I understand you completely I feel that way too. It's so funny , cic said exactly the same things to me. My friend got her OWP last December in a month and eveybody was saying that you are single you will get very fast in one month. Maybe they are giving priority to the new path so they can show progress in the new system :( :'(

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
lela said:
Oh my dear I understand you completely I feel that way too. It's so funny , cic said exactly the same things to me. My friend got her OWP last December in a month and eveybody was saying that you are single you will get very fast in one month. Maybe they are giving priority to the new path so they can show progress in the new system :( :'(
When did you apply?

vika81

Dec 11, 2014
MY PR application timeline (single applicant).
I applied my application - 18 November.
CIV received - 24 November.
Start processing - 30 December.
OWP - 2 February.
AIP and made decision by email - 11 august .
Schedule for interview - 27 august.
Interview ( Etobicoke ) - 14 September

memei0422

Mar 3, 2015
Here's for my new update.

Applied for PR- January 23, 2015
AOR recieved- February 25, 2015
Started processing- February 24,2015
OWP recieved- April 20, 2015
AIP and Decision Made- August 20, 2015
Appointment Letter Recieved- September 15, 2015
Interview Schedule ( Etobicoke) - September 23, 2015

To God be the Glory! God Bless us all :)

lela

May 14, 2013
memei0422 said:
Here's for my new update.

Applied for PR- January 23, 2015
AOR recieved- February 25, 2015
Started processing- February 24,2015
OWP recieved- April 20, 2015
AIP and Decision Made- August 20, 2015
Appointment Letter Recieved- September 15, 2015
Interview Schedule ( Etobicoke) - September 23, 2015

To God be the Glory! God Bless us all :)
Congratulations :D Good luck with your interview!!
Let us know how it's the process

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
I feel sorry because my 3 months' timeline seems to raise jealousy and / or discourage. My intention to share was to bring hope and encouragement to LCP PR applicant 2015, not the other way around. I am a firm believer in karma, what you sow is what you reap :) . Indeed I was jealous when my friend got faster initial timeline but instead of "blame" her luck or self-pitying my misfortune, I try to think what makes she deserve such happiness. What can I do to get the same or even better thing. Should I pray more often? Should I be nicer to people? Should I spend money for charity? Should I do volunteering? Etc, etc.

Talk about waiting and luck , there are some married applicants from 2010 who are still waiting or if we talk even further, there are people who are still outside Canada looking for employer who willing to give LMIA. Even before I get my PR , I am consider myself lucky, not only I am already in Canada but I also finished 2 years requirements :)

And talk about new path, I think new path works faster because there is not so many applicants yet. As far as I know both applications go to the same address in Vegreville but different room no. So I think CIC allocate certain numbers of officer to handle each stream. Naturally, this new officers handling new path work faster because there isn't so many load yet , far opposite from officer who handle old LCP program , not only they have to work 2015 case but they also have to handle backlog from 2010. But what do I know ? the time I submitted my application I prepare myself to wait for uncertain time but I believe CIC officer work as best as they could to finalize my application. It's not that they are being slow intentionally but there are some rule to follow, data to check , record to verify , etc,etc. Try to put myself in their shoes, I don't want my country is filled with some unknown people who have a potential do harm to the citizens and /or to the country.

From the applicant side , people do realize, there are few additional document if you choose new path, like education and language assignment , which cost you not only money but also time. And they also take a risk because there is cap for the new path (even I don't think CIC will reach this year's cap for caregiving path). But anyway put it short , they also did their sacrifice. Let's not compare who did more than who. No one force us to choose either path. We choose the path our self. Consciously.

But if you still feel unsatisfied about how your application is being handle , as far as I know, you can cancel your application at any time (as long as it's not AIP yet, CMIIW ) and submit new application with new path. To wait or to resubmit, whichever make your heart at ease :)

In the end of the day , complain won't help to make anyone application being handled faster. But I believe positive thought , optimism and pray would :)

I am sorry if my post sounds boring . I just want to share the lesson I earned during my working&waiting time. I got so many help from the people I don't know and probably I will never meet in this website. Even sounds hard to believe, I hope my post now will brings some encouragement to those who are still waiting. :)

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
fafa1004 said:
I feel sorry because my 3 months' timeline seems to raise jealousy and / or discourage. My intention to share was to bring hope and encouragement to LCP PR applicant 2015, not the other way around. I am a firm believer in karma, what you sow is what you reap :) . Indeed I was jealous when my friend got faster initial timeline but instead of "blame" her luck or self-pitying my misfortune, I try to think what makes she deserve such happiness. What can I do to get the same or even better thing. Should I pray more often? Should I be nicer to people? Should I spend money for charity? Should I do volunteering? Etc, etc.

Talk about waiting and luck , there are some married applicants from 2010 who are still waiting or if we talk even further, there are people who are still outside Canada looking for employer who willing to give LMIA. Even before I get my PR , I am consider myself lucky, not only I am already in Canada but I also finished 2 years requirements :)

And talk about new path, I think new path works faster because there is not so many applicants yet. As far as I know both applications go to the same address in Vegreville but different room no. So I think CIC allocate certain numbers of officer to handle each stream. Naturally, this new officers handling new path work faster because there isn't so many load yet , far opposite from officer who handle old LCP program , not only they have to work 2015 case but they also have to handle backlog from 2010. But what do I know ? the time I submitted my application I prepare myself to wait for uncertain time but I believe CIC officer work as best as they could to finalize my application. It's not that they are being slow intentionally but there are some rule to follow, data to check , record to verify , etc,etc. Try to put myself in their shoes, I don't want my country is filled with some unknown people who have a potential do harm to the citizens and /or to the country.

From the applicant side , people do realize, there are few additional document if you choose new path, like education and language assignment , which cost you not only money but also time. And they also take a risk because there is cap for the new path (even I don't think CIC will reach this year's cap for caregiving path). But anyway put it short , they also did their sacrifice. Let's not compare who did more than who. No one force us to choose either path. We choose the path our self. Consciously.

But if you still feel unsatisfied about how your application is being handle , as far as I know, you can cancel your application at any time (as long as it's not AIP yet, CMIIW ) and submit new application with new path. To wait or to resubmit, whichever make your heart at ease :)

In the end of the day , complain won't help to make anyone application being handled faster. But I believe positive thought , optimism and pray would :)

I am sorry if my post sounds boring . I just want to share the lesson I earned during my working&waiting time. I got so many help from the people I don't know and probably I will never meet in this website. Even sounds hard to believe, I hope my post now will brings some encouragement to those who are still waiting. :)
Your post is not boring at all. It is in fact, very good and uplifting. We may not say it aloud (or in this case, type and share) but we feel the same as you and I'm pretty sure everybody is praying hard as you did. I think, all of us here consider ourselves lucky. I, myself am happy and lucky for making it here in Canada. However, you also have to consider that there are some of us who work with elderly people about to go to a better place; some are praying really hard for the owp to come because they will be terminated or their service is no longer required by their current employers; and some have valid reasons only them know. I'd like to think that this forum is about sharing everything, the joys, the pains, the sadness and tears and, happiness. You have to understand that as much as people try to remain positive and motivated, there will be times that you just can't fight your emotions and you would wish that you get a little bit more luck, even a speck, just like everybody else. Your post wasn't in any way, negative. If anything, it has made people excited and positive that things are looking good and that the processing time is still quite fast. I stand corrected with my previous statement, I wasn't jealous but more like apprehensive and stressed because I cannot afford to not have a job even if it is barely 4 months. There are situations we cannot control with regards to our job, situation and employers and the only solution to that is having the OWP. You have been through what the rest is going through so I know and I'm sure that you can understand if people feel down and frustrated at times, but being frustrated doesn't mean being negative. It's just a phase that everyone of us goes through. That being said, I'd like to thank you for posting your timeline because it gave hope to the hopeless and strength to the weak. Again, don't think that we are being a bit selfish for not trying to think of anyone or anything but ourselves. Of course we do, but we're human, we're governed by emotions and we get stressed out from time to time.

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
fafa1004 said:

Hi all,

I sincerely apologize, if anyone find my last post a bit insensitive and sounds judging for those who still waiting for PR.
I want to convince people to think positively, but I guess some (if not all?) of my words was to harsh
I was going to delete it , but I can't

Anyway , all the best for us :)