+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
That my thing too but when you have to apply for a visa this dual intent rule. But you can try
I am confused...Did you try for study visa...and what is dual intent rule...please suggest me what to do...

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
How is it going?

I applied in June 6, 2016
I got my Medical Request in Feb, 15, 2017
Now I am waiting the decision made, it has been 8 months after medical request.
I wish it will coming soon.
God bless you !

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
If you are from a visa exempted country they can come in. Here is my issue.
1. My daughter is a US citizen so SHE CAN COME TO CANADA BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT NEED A VISITORS VISA.

2. MY SON has a jamaican passport and requires a visa from the canadian embassy.....
As i said you can try for a student visa

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
If you are from a visa exempted country they can come in. Here is my issue.
1. My daughter is a US citizen so SHE CAN COME TO CANADA BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT NEED A VISITORS VISA.

2. MY SON has a jamaican passport and requires a visa from the canadian embassy.....
As i said you can try for a student visa
Thank you for sharing your information...Did you ever applied TRP for your son..? I am thiking to aplly study permit for my daughter.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Thank you for sharing your information...Did you ever applied TRP for your son..? I am thiking to aplly study permit for my daughter.
The dual intent does not exclude you from applying for any type of temporary visa: visitors or study. But you might have to sit and consider which one you want to go for.

As i was reading through some of the material on the dual intent. The fact that the processing times for live-in- caregiver PR applications take over 4 years might work in your favour for you daughter to come and visit you over that LONG LONG PROCESSING TIMES.

Caribgal can advise you further what you can do from there. Private message her

Sanyasab

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
November 2016
The dual intent does not exclude you from applying for any type of temporary visa: visitors or study. But you might have to sit and consider which one you want to go for.

As i was reading through some of the material on the dual intent. The fact that the processing times for live-in- caregiver PR applications take over 4 years might work in your favour for you daughter to come and visit you over that LONG LONG PROCESSING TIMES.

Caribgal can advise you further what you can do from there. Private message her
Thank you !

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
Can anyone help I applied online for a visitor visa on September 29th but I didn't hear back from CIC so I sent an enquiry
They told me that my application is for a visitor record but that is not what I applied for
How do you know the difference
I plan to travel on December 10th but I don't have my re-entry visa
Has anyone had this problem
I need an answer fast so I have to remember submit my application or can I apply for a TRV at the Canadian visa office in my home country while I am on vacation?

Last edited:

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Can anyone help I applied online for a visitor visa on September 29th but I didn't hear beck from CIC so I sent an enquiry
They told me that my application is for a visitor record but that is no what I applied for
How do you know the difference
I plan to travel on December 10th but I don't have my re-entry visa
Has anyone had this problem
I need an answer fast so I have to remember submit my application or can I apply for a TRV at the Canadian visa office in my home country while I am on vacation?
Where did you send the applications? And if it was a mistake tell them that and how if there is a mistake it can be corrected

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
Where did you send the applications? And if it was a mistake tell them that and how if there is a mistake it can be corrected
I applied online so it should go to the Ottawa visa centre
All I needed was a reentry visa to come back into Canada after my vacation is over I have a valid work permit until 2019 everything I put in my no on mycic account they tell me I have to extend my stay as a visitor
I don't know what to do now, I am scheduled to leave canada on December 10th for vacation