AnaG

Oct 31, 2015
Roah said:
hello Everyone,
I need help,
I am a live in caregiver under the old pathway,
I am filling up the forms for the OWP/PR

I am choosing option 1
For the 24 month requirement, how do we count it?
I started working on the 1st of August 2014 ( does that mean 2 years is aug 31,2016? )

For the PR application,
The checklist asks for ' Original police certificates of ALL family members ' and
"TWO passport photos of ALL Family Members in Canada "
In my case I am a SINGLE applicant ( not married no kids ) but everyone of my family ( Parents and Siblings ) are here in Canada, does that mean I have to ask my family members to provide that for me?

Thank you so much!

Hi Roah,

I am sure your 24months ( 2 yrs ) would be on August 1st...
If you're the only one on the application ( which you are ) you don't need police checks or photos for anyone but yourself. I don't think it matters where they live, only you'll need to put their info on one of the forms (forgot which one was )
Hope this helps :)

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
AnaG said:
Hey guys,

this is not related to PR app, but does anyone knows when are we eligible to apply for citizenship after receiving PR...or if someone knows the link where are I can check it. When I was signing for PR they told us we can apply after 4months....but on cic site is totally different info...
Feel free to PM me.. :)

Thanks! :)
If the rule doesn't change, I believe you have to stay in Canada for 4 years out of 6 years after you become a PR to be eligible to apply for a citizenship. That is what the CIC officer told me when I had my PR interview two years ago.

AnaG

Oct 31, 2015
dna said:
If the rule doesn't change, I believe you have to stay in Canada for 4 years out of 6 years after you become a PR to be eligible to apply for a citizenship. That is what the CIC officer told me when I had my PR interview two years ago.

Thank you!
See, that's where are I'm confused because I signed in July and they told me I'll be able to apply for citizenship in 4 months. I'm assuming something will change soon. I also read the same info at CIC's website as you told me, but I'm thinking there's must be a reason why they told me 4months...

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
no news in my end :-X How about you? PLEASE SHAREEEE, anxious here :eek:

Seiramae

Nov 4, 2015
Hi good morning everyday. I am july 2015 PR applicant, my husband had medical last april, still no e mail after that.
Is there any news with the same timeline as mine???

Thanks...

Ktel28

Oct 6, 2015
Seiramae said:
Hi good morning everyday. I am july 2015 PR applicant, my husband had medical last april, still no e mail after that.
Is there any news with the same timeline as mine???

Thanks...
Hi there. We have the same timeline. I haven't heard anything from there yet. It takes forever

muthee

Mar 30, 2014
Ktel28 said:
Hi there. We have the same timeline. I haven't heard anything from there yet. It takes forever
Hi ,I applied for or in September last year but I haven't heard anything from them since July

Robcojuangco3

Sep 9, 2013
Surrey B.C. Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2015
Doc's Request.
15-08-2015/ 04/15/2016
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
muthee said:
Hi ,I applied for or in September last year but I haven't heard anything from them since July
Is the CIC ask you to comply any additional documents or missing requirements?
In my case I submitted my application last Aug.15 then my AOR got Sept.12, CIC email me last April of this yr. for additional documents which is the Affidavit of late registered for my daughter, after I submitted all the requirements they asked. I don't receive any update.. still hoping for my Medical request.. hopefully before end of the month I got the request. It's been a long time for waiting, I read other PR applicants had their PR for only a year maybe they have complete documents, and for those like my case (incomplete docs.) It takes longer... I don't wanna wait 49months. I'm planning to do Open Permit for spouse and study permit for my kids.. that's the only option. Since the CIC advice not to submit another Application for PR, I'll do another option if next year no answer from them. I know it's expensive though, but not as expensive like PR new pathways.. I have 5 dependents maybe that's the reason why my application takes long..

muthee

Mar 30, 2014
Yes they did and I sent all the documents that they were asking from me but I hadn't heard anything from them yet.Any news from your side

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
guys I need clarification. what type of criminal record check do I need to submit in my application for permanent residence(live in caregiver)? is it the CERTIFIED criminal record check which is issued by the RCMP or a plain criminal record CHECK issued only by the local police?

irish98

Jan 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 26 2016 Returned April 30 2016 Resent May 2016
Doc's Request.
July 29 2016
AOR Received.
May 09 2016
Med's Request
July 29 2016
Med's Done....
Aug 12 2016
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello. We're done in our medical last month aug 12, and my mother already submitted our additional documents on first week of september, which were requested by cic the day they sent us medical request last july 29. We haven't heard anything from cic since our medical done.
I am just worried about my father's partial physical disability, he met an accident but now he can walk again, but when we undergone our medical last aug. we still submitted medical certificate to prove that there is a titanium plate in his ankle and he undergone operation.
I just want to know if by chance any one of you guys know if my father's partial condition would might be the reason to deny our application? Can it affect our application? I'm worried about being denied because of that. I hope it would not be that big deal for cic. :( thanks in advance!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
irish98 said:
Hello. We're done in our medical last month aug 12, and my mother already submitted our additional documents on first week of september, which were requested by cic the day they sent us medical request last july 29. We haven't heard anything from cic since our medical done.
I am just worried about my father's partial physical disability, he met an accident but now he can walk again, but when we undergone our medical last aug. we still submitted medical certificate to prove that there is a titanium plate in his ankle and he undergone operation.
I just want to know if by chance any one of you guys know if my father's partial condition would might be the reason to deny our application? Can it affect our application? I'm worried about being denied because of that. I hope it would not be that big deal for cic. :( thanks in advance!
based on my opinion, that shouldn't be an issue specially you provided a medical certificate. as far as I know they don't discriminate here in Canada specially when it comes to physical disabilities.

irish98

Jan 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 26 2016 Returned April 30 2016 Resent May 2016
Doc's Request.
July 29 2016
AOR Received.
May 09 2016
Med's Request
July 29 2016
Med's Done....
Aug 12 2016
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Because I've read some cases which they're dependant/children have austism and other intellectual disorder, unfortunately they were denied by cic because of the condition of their dependants. I think that's unjust for them they dont deserve that sort of a kind 'discrimination'.
But thankyou marvz21, I can now think more positive hehehe. Godbless you.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
irish98 said:
Because I've read some cases which they're dependant/children have austism and other intellectual disorder, unfortunately they were denied by cic because of the condition of their dependants. I think that's unjust for them they dont deserve that sort of a kind 'discrimination'.
But thankyou marvz21, I can now think more positive hehehe. Godbless you.
maybe it's a different story for those with inborn mental conditions. the government has monthly benefits for
these people right? so maybe they don't want to admit more people here that will cause more burden to the government. we don't know, maybe politics is still involved here. just my thoughts though.