+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LEAVING CANADA FOR A MONTH AFTER CTZ APPLICATION

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
ERJOPA said:
"Also once intent to reside clause comes into effect then yes, it can be concern but right now there is no concern."

I would argue that (in some offices) it is a concern. If you read the many posts about "getting mini RQ'ed after test and interview, it seems that some Officers have already implemented the intent clause on their own behalf for their own work load. Add to that the slow transferred applications in Calgary and Edmonton (over a year until test letter) and you get a "system" where (because of the "good for one year" RCMP checks) the Officers have to re-submit RCMP and CBSA checks to see what has happened over that one year, and if anything happens to change from those checks, the Officers have a valid reason to question an applicants intent, and thus, when questioned in the interview, the applicant's answers may or may not satisfy the Officer's curiosity, sometimes resulting in the mini RQ.

If you want to travel while your application is still in the system, go ahead. Keep in mind, though, that they are already looking for intent to reside (based on the posts here in this forum). That's why I am staying put in Canada - I intend to reside here for the rest of my life and there are many good places to travel to here in Canada for vacations.

Just my 5 cents worth.
Agree CO have been looking for intent to reside for a long time... Since they cannot currently currently deny your application based on intent to reside, they put you on administrative delay using the very abisive RQ process that automatically place you on non routine application
Now given that this is not really legal, some officers do not follow this wrong path and focus only on the 4 relevant years... Others unfortunately will extend their review to travel outside the 4 relevant years.
The irony is that RQ was implemented to stop abuse by some applicants... Now it's mostly being used to abuse honest applicants