+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest CAIPS / GCMS notes forms and how to order?

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
I'd like to collect many helpful informations from this thread into this post.
I hope it will help you guys, but please correct me if it's off-topic or I have misunderstanding(s).

If you are NOT present in Canada
See The first post, Reply #676 by Cocknbull and Reply #677 by Peterpan12.
Also, CAIPS codes can be viewed here : http://immigrationguides.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=203

If you are present in Canada

1. READ THE GUIDE
If you would like to order CAIPS / GCMS notes, see the CIC webpage;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp - Access to information and privacy at CIC
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp - How to make a request under the Privacy Act

2. GATHER DOCUMENTS
2-1. APPLICATION FORM
IMM 5563 (01-2013) E - CIC’s Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563.pdf)
Please check the footer of the pdf file. If you can't find "IMM 5563 (01-2013) E" on the left side, the procedure of ordering GCMS notes threatens to be changed.

2-2. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO ATTACH
* Proof that you are living in Canada ; A Copy of Work Permit, Drivers License, or Utility bill that has your address on it.

* IMM 5744 (11-2012) E (If applicable) - Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM 5744.pdf); If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, you must include consent to release their information. It is recommended that you include consent for each individual listed in your file over the age of 18.

3. FILL THE IMM 5563
SECTION A - DETAILS OF REQUEST
(1) Privacy Act
(2) English/French/As is - Your choice
(3) E-mail - It's the fastest
(4) Yes/No - If you request the file including information of someone else (your spouse etc), select "No" and tick "Consent included" (you need to submit IMM 5744)

SECTION B - REQUESTER'S INFORMATION
(1) Yes - You also need to tick "Proof included"
(2) Public
(3) Your Family name
(4) Your Given name(s)
(5) Your Mailing Address
(6) Your Thelephone number include area code
(7) Your E-mail address

SECTION C - INFORMATION REQUESTED
(1) Your Family name - If your family name is NOT same as SECTION B
(2) Your Given name(s) - If your family name is NOT same as SECTION B
(3) Your Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
(4) Select one of below, then, put your file number and/or your local Visa Office in the "File number and/or location:" field;
* "4A) Status of application" - Focuses on your pending application status.
* "4B) Reason for refusal" - Focuses on refusal reason.
* "4C) Electronic files" and "Immigration file : permanent residence" - Whole of the file.
* "4D) Physical files" and "Immigration file : permanent residence" - Many seniors adviced that select Electronic files instead of this.
Please note you CAN'T select "4A)" and "Immigration file : permanent residence" at the same time.

SECTION D - SIGNATURE AND DATE
Print all pages of your application form.
Read all of the statements in all sections carefully, sign and date in the spaces provided.

4. FILL THE IMM 5744 (If applicable)
Write your name, date of birth, your dependents' names and your declaration.

Print all pages of your application form(s).
Read all of the statements in all sections carefully, sign and date in the spaces provided.

e.g., Principal applicant and spouse are requesting their GCMS notes. They have 3 dependent children ages 17, 18 and 19 years old. In this case, they have to submit 3 copies of the IMM 5744. One signed by the Applicant and Spouse, and one each for the 18 and 19 year old children.

5. SEND THE DOCUMENTS
5-1. E-MAIL
You can send your scanned request form and supporting documents (in JPG, TIFF or PDF format) to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca.

5-2. REGULAR MAIL
You can send your request by regular mail to the following address ;
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

6. AFTER APPLYING
Basically, you will get GCMS notes in around 30 calendar days. There are some exceptions. See the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/time.asp.

MM2

Champion Member
Sep 27, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Dear C&B,

I hope your are doing good.

can you please shed light on my case?

My details are in my time line.

I Applied for first GCMS on 2nd Oct and received on 26th Oct and my due date was 02 Nov in that GCMS.

I am still waiting for 2nd line.

Can you please tell me when should i apply for my GCMS again?

thanks in advance
MM

canadaforum

Star Member
Dec 16, 2010
Dear Cocknbull,please advise what does this mean in my GCMS.
Searched on nature of business by phone numbers , address,name of Entrepreneur. No hits found in open sources.This is about my previous employer.
This was verified 40 days before.What does this mean? And there was also written about my current company where i work now that they have not find any information about that company in the Internet,but in my country not all companies are registered in the internet, so can this be a problem?
Is there any other way to verify my employement.
Thanks in advace.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MM2 said:
Dear C&B,

I hope your are doing good.

can you please shed light on my case?

My details are in my time line.

I Applied for first GCMS on 2nd Oct and received on 26th Oct and my due date was 02 Nov in that GCMS.

I am still waiting for 2nd line.

Can you please tell me when should i apply for my GCMS again?

thanks in advance
MM
Hi!

On page 2 what are they under assessments

Eligibility Not started, in progress or passed ?
Security ?
Criminality ?
Medicals ?

Also tell notes of visa officer at the end. Any review has taken place at LVO or any concerns in paper screening?

You better wait for the line to appear and then apply for notes after you get the line..Thanks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforum said:
Dear Cocknbull,please advise what does this mean in my GCMS.
Searched on nature of business by phone numbers , address,name of Entrepreneur. No hits found in open sources.This is about my previous employer.
This was verified 40 days before.What does this mean? And there was also written about my current company where i work now that they have not find any information about that company in the Internet,but in my country not all companies are registered in the internet, so can this be a problem?
Is there any other way to verify my employement.
Thanks in advace.
Hi!

1) He could not find any thing on internet regarding your previous employer.

2) Same is with your current employer he couldn't find any thing on web.

Do you see any S16(1)(C) in your notes ? Look carefully. If its there he will verify your job and it will be done by phone most probably. Thanks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforum said:
Thanks a lot ,yes there is written that code.
Ok. Alert your employer...Some times they call at same time. First he call your employer and after 5 minutes call you to match details. Be ready and good luck..

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
How do you pay the fee while applying through a relative who is in canada?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
woodworker said:
How do you pay the fee while applying through a relative who is in canada?
Any body can pay the fees online via credit card. After payment you will have to fill the receipt. Scan it and attach with application if you are applying by email or post it if sending by post. Here is the link

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

click access to information on above link.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
cocknbull said:
Any body can pay the fees online via credit card. After payment you will have to fill the receipt. Scan it and attach with application if you are applying by email or post it if sending by post. Here is the link

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/lineofbusiness.do

click access to information on above link.
Thanks for your reply but the link leads to session expired and login ? I tried other option on your thread on page one,credit card seems fine.My niece will be paying the fee directly,hope that speeds up the process.
One thing more,can you help me solve the ecas issue of security warning?Everytime i try it gives that security certificate warning so i am unable to check ecas.
thanks again for your help.

bdzahid

Nov 17, 2009
Simplified Application Singapore Visa Office: Sep 2006
Full application package with Right of Permanent Resident Fee: December, 2009
CAIPS status (PSDEC 1, 3.11.2009. SELDEC 0. MEDDEC 0)
Current Application Status: In Process

can anybody advise me anything on my onward steps, PLEASE ?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
woodworker said:
Thanks for your reply but the link leads to session expired and login ? I tried other option on your thread on page one,credit card seems fine.My niece will be paying the fee directly,hope that speeds up the process.
One thing more,can you help me solve the ecas issue of security warning?Everytime i try it gives that security certificate warning so i am unable to check ecas.
thanks again for your help.
Regarding Ecas, check carefully your details like spelling of your name, date of birth, file no, place of birth. Also try both options like immigration file no and client id no.

It may be that they have wrong details about you in their system and it could be some spelling mistake. In GCMS you will be able to see what exact details they have about you in their system. You can then login.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bdzahid said:
Simplified Application Singapore Visa Office: Sep 2006
Full application package with Right of Permanent Resident Fee: December, 2009
CAIPS status (PSDEC 1, 3.11.2009. SELDEC 0. MEDDEC 0)
Current Application Status: In Process

can anybody advise me anything on my onward steps, PLEASE ?
Things seem ok for you. Just wait for some time and you will get medicals eventually....When was the last time you sent CSE ?

bdzahid

Nov 17, 2009
cocknbull said:
Things seem ok for you. Just wait for some time and you will get medicals eventually....When was the last time you sent CSE ?
Thanks a lot for your kind reply. Did you mean CAIPS request? I got CAIPS status in March 2012. Any more suggestions, please?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bdzahid said:
Thanks a lot for your kind reply. Did you mean CAIPS request? I got CAIPS status in March 2012. Any more suggestions, please?
No I asked case specific enquiry (email) if you sent any to your visa office? What was their reply ?. also your CAIPS are quite old now as of March 2012. If possible apply again...