CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Sweet, thanks. I am assuming the amount was CAD and not USD. If yes, did you convert the product totals based off of there current US value?
Everything was done in a single Google Sheets (like Excel) workbook. Each sheet was a room. Each line item had a category, item description, and USD amount. Then I had some custom code that created the final lists by category.

In the code that created the final lists to print, it fetched the current USD to CAD currency conversion ratio (and put that in the sheet to show what I used) and then the final lists had CAD values (rounded to the nearest dollar).

Reactions: tuhadapeo

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Everything was done in a single Google Sheets (like Excel) workbook. Each sheet was a room. Each line item had a category, item description, and USD amount. Then I had some custom code that created the final lists by category.

In the code that created the final lists to print, it fetched the current USD to CAD currency conversion ratio (and put that in the sheet to show what I used) and then the final lists had CAD values (rounded to the nearest dollar).
Thanks, looks like I was on the right track. Google sheets are the best, always accessible.

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
I absolutely agree with what you just mentioned. Maybe it was my bad that i took Rainbow bridge instead of recommended Peace bridge or Lewiston Queenston bridge. The experience at SIN office was a great welcome the way we were greeted and formalities completed. Rest of the trip meeting with family and friends after decades was a great emotional experience. Returned back to US after 4 days via Queenston Lewiston bridge. :)

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
1. Yes
2. Organized by category, then alphabetical by goods, with summary amounts.
3. Example: 25 Men's T-Shirts: $300, 5 Men's Slacks: $250. Items are grouped, not listed individually. High value items listed separately with replacement value. e.g. iPhone X (SN: Serial_Number_Here): $650
Make sure that GTF list has every item mentioned in CAD. I had prepared a detailed list and segregated into electronics, Jewellery, vehicle, household goods with serial numbers etc. Got a lecture on selling one of my cars in US as it would cost me more on tax front (which i ignored as i was too much tired after haggling on other issues). One additional note on including jewellery if its high value (eg > 2000 USD ). We were told we might need to show appraisal receipts on which i mentioned i didnt carry them as such and its difficult to appraise each and every amount. The officer reluctantly stamped my printed list to custom forms and gave the pointers on how and when to show the stamped form while importing the goods. Good luck to all with such move plans.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Thanks, looks like I was on the right track. Google sheets are the best, always accessible.
I made a copy/template in a throwaway account and provided instructions. Let me know what you think. I may create a new post if you think it's worthwhile.

Reactions: tuhadapeo

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I absolutely agree with what you just mentioned. Maybe it was my bad that i took Rainbow bridge instead of recommended Peace bridge or Lewiston Queenston bridge. The experience at SIN office was a great welcome the way we were greeted and formalities completed. Rest of the trip meeting with family and friends after decades was a great emotional experience. Returned back to US after 4 days via Queenston Lewiston bridge. :)
I believe it's widely known the large airport immigration officers are better skilled and easier to work with than the land crossing officers. That's what I've heard anyway.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hang onto these. You'll need them in 3 years when you apply for citizenship."
Hi,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience.

Lol on trying to get a selfie. Maybe I’ll try my luck when I get the chance. ^_^

On a more long-term questions, would you know if the 3-year duration between landing and eligibility for citizenship is only for US citizens or is it the new timeline for new PRs from here on in?

Last edited:

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
On a more long-term questions, would you know if the 3-year duration between landing and eligibility for citizenship is only for US citizens or is it the new timeline for new PRs from here on in?
1,095 days for everyone. The liberals changed it from 4 years to 3 years.

Expect Scheer to change it back to 4 years. The US isn’t special under Canadian immigration, other than our applications seemingly getting processed a bit faster, but that’s probably due to how closely they share intelligence data.

Last edited:

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
I made a copy/template in a throwaway account and provided instructions. Let me know what you think. I may create a new post if you think it's worthwhile.
I think it's great. I had started off with just two sheets (similar to the ones you have for "accompanying" and "To Follow" with pricing). I like the idea of having extra sheets per room that helps take everything into account and not miss anything.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I think it's great. I had started off with just two sheets (similar to the ones you have for "accompanying" and "To Follow" with pricing). I like the idea of having extra sheets per room that helps take everything into account and not miss anything.
Yes. This let you enter things by room but then it combines and sorts them all by category when you tell it to prepare the lists.

mccsthisfall

Sep 8, 2010
Hi,
I have a question regarding goods to follow document. Did you only put summarized categories, like electronic, in bsf186 form with printouts of spreadsheets (which contained detailed items ) ?
Also if you did above, I am assuming you did not have had to fill bsf186a.
One more question, did you put any vehicles on bsf186?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi,
I have a question regarding goods to follow document. Did you only put summarized categories, like electronic, in bsf186 form with printouts of spreadsheets (which contained detailed items ) ?
Also if you did above, I am assuming you did not have had to fill bsf186a.
One more question, did you put any vehicles on bsf186?
You can see an example that I used to make my list above. You don't group electronic all in one group, I don't think, because many of those items will be valuable and have serial numbers. Non-valuable items like shirts, plates, etc, you can group together and give a group value.

Vehicles were on my goods to follow list and he did not put them separately on the BSF186. I only noticed this afterward. I hope this does not cause me an issue when I import the vehicles. I expect to be able to explain it since he stamped every page including the page with the vehicles on it.

He filled out the BSF186. I only provided my spreadsheets for goods accompanying/to follow as linked above. My Google Sheet will allow you to generate your own.

mccsthisfall

Sep 8, 2010
Thanks for the detailed spreadsheet and also for others to reuse your work!
One more follow-up question, when you say the officer filled your bsf 186 forms, did they just out the final value from both your goods to follow and goods accompanying in two separate forms ?