+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience by car at Peace Bridge POE at Buffalo, NY

Arun123_123

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,

I just applied mine. Below were the documents I submitted.

1.Signed COPR
2.Passport
3.Bank statement for address proof
4.Driving license

I applied for my kids as well. Submitted Signed COPR ,Passport for them and above documents for both parents.
Thank you Praveen.

sam 1234

Jun 13, 2020
Hi Mahesh, when are you planning for soft landing? I am planning in Mid September. DM me if you want to connect.

MiljanNB

Jan 15, 2020
I have some misunderstanding... When i get my COPR, should i first apply for new sin or i have to go to border?? I am truck driver, so crossing border every week...
I found that first think what i need to do, CONFIRM COPR with officer at border. When he signs my COPR, that doc i need to upload and apply online for sin and PR card. Am i correct??

praveen07cse

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
I have some misunderstanding... When i get my COPR, should i first apply for new sin or i have to go to border?? I am truck driver, so crossing border every week...
I found that first think what i need to do, CONFIRM COPR with officer at border. When he signs my COPR, that doc i need to upload and apply online for sin and PR card. Am i correct??
Yes you are right . First thing is to get your COPR signed with border agent and confirm PR. Using signed PR you can apply for SIN in person ( not sure if offices are opened yet) or online . Most of us in this forum have applied online by uploading signed COPR and other documents. SIN usually gets to your address in 2 weeks.

hope this helps !

vamsikgr

Sep 22, 2019
Here you go with our experience.

Date : September 08, 2020
Time : 8.30 AM

At CANDA:
First officer:
  1. purpose of visit- complete the soft landing procedures and return to Usa on the same day.
  2. Handed yellow slip stating ”Landing and Return” and guided to pull forward and park the car at number-11 and asked to go inside where we have double door (simple- get into stone building adjacent the parking lot)

Second officer : ( for some reason they are not so friendly as mentioned by few folks in the forum- assuming it is because they are just starting the day~ be positive
  1. confirmed if we would like to return after completing the landing - confirmed yes
  2. Statutory questions- firearms, bla bla..
  3. When are we planning to return permanently?- replied that our transfer is in progress and plan to move in couple of months
  4. Asked proof of funds
  5. Initially refused to apply for the PR since officer assumed we don't have any address but told clearly that ABC is the address we are moving soon and she considered that processed the PR Delivery for the Canadian address within 10 weeks or more
  6. Signed the documents and given back the passports with the COPR copy
  7. If you have the goods to follow, another officer will assist you

Third officer: For goods to follow
  1. Took the passports and reviewed it
  2. Asked GTF?-Handed the goods to follow sheet and bsf186. This was reviewed by officer and marked stamp on a all pages for the GTF
  3. Routed to another officer to take the stamped GTF LIST and confirmations
  4. Find the U TURN TO USA where you parked the car incase the officer doesn't show it to you.
Total time took in Canada border is 30 minutes.

USA Border:

1. Entered USA border
  2. Appears only 1 counter was opened By the time we reach there - 9:03 am
  3. There were 2 officers in the counter and seems 1 agent is giving training to the other- both are tough guys...
  4. Asked to open the windows
  5. Asked passports,h1b approval copy ( Myself) and i20 for my wife
  6. Purpose of your visit to USA
  7. Where are you heading to
  8. Where do you work
  9. When was the last entry to states
  10. How many days you stayed in Canada? - replied soft landing

At this point of time they were discussion something and wrote something on orange slip and asked to pull forward and stay in the car.

~60 minutes later one lady came and gave paper i94 and told we are good. I believe they were verifying i94 status and other details and assisting other immigrants took some time.

Finally, it depends on the officer who is assiting you in CANADA or USA border and be confident in your answers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank this forum and all folks who shared their valuable experiences to help aspirant immigrants who are planning now and in future.

I wish all the best guys and reach out to me if you have questions,

Thanks,

Maverick99

Jul 21, 2020
Hello All,

I completed my soft landing yesterday and all went smooth. I have a quick question regarding applying for SIN while staying in USA. I had read somewhere that we can provide our US address and the SIN will be shipped. Can anyone suggest or help me point to a thread related to this? Thanks :)

Reactions: praveen07cse

sam 1234

Jun 13, 2020
Soft Landing @ Peace Bridge Sep 9 and return the same day to US using AVR.

After taking “Canada only” exit, Reached Canadaian Checkpost. Canada Officer was polite and asked for the purpose of visit and checked my COPR and asked me to go into the stone building.

The first officer checked my, proof of funds, COPR And have me signed it. Asked me when am I coming back to Canada permanently. I said I’m planning very soon around end of the year.

the second officer checked my GTF and I did not fill the GTF with detailed description and so she asked me to fill it out again. It took me about 30 minutes in that counter and then proceeded to the third counter where they gave the receipt for GTF. I asked them where to take the U turn to US.
The officer was generous, he came out and pointed me the U turn to US.

US CBP:
Took my passport and i797 and asked my nationality and where do I live in US. After 10 minutes, said good to go.

overall it was a pretty good experience at peace bridge. Happy to answer questions.

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Congrats. You mentioned you have a valid visa from previous employer. Is your current H1B approved or under processing? I am in a similar situation and my current H1 is under processing. I am wondering when I cross back into U.S, if they will allow me in using my unexpired H1 stamp from my previous employer and I797 receipt notice.

Here is our landing experience:
When the H1-B executive order came in June my wife traveled for her COPR processing. I stayed back in US.

My wife landing experience:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/us-immigration-at-toronto-pearson-airport-what-to-expect-need-some-advice.691678/#post-8720532

Here is my landing experience. This time my wife stayed back in US.

Travel Date - 7/30/2020.
POE - Peace Bridge, Buffalo
Drove my car.
COPR issued before March 18.

Canada:

First Officer scanned my PR visa. Asked if I will quarantine or not. I said if possible I would like to go back. Gave me a yellow slip. Did all formalities on the computer and sent me to CBSA building.

At CBSA building, officer asked my COPR, Passport and yellow slip. Asked if this was a permanent move. I said no. Then came quarantine question. I said if you are fine then I want to go back to US. They said ok. No cross question asked.

Took my Canada address for PR card delivery. I gave my friend's address. Signed the COPR. Took one and gave one copy of COPR to me.

Then comes the import form. I mentioned all the goods to follow. Signed it and submitted at the cashier counter. At the counter, cashier gave me a print out of the receipt and told me to bring the receipt when I come to Canada permanently.

That was all.
Entire process took around 1 hour 30 minutes.

US:
I have a valid visa from previous employer. Question asked: What is your citizenship, what is your professional ?
As soon as I entered US, I cancelled my Airbnb. For cancellation, I had to pay 50% of the total cost of reservation.

My takeaway:

1. CIC website updates are very confusing so please don't wait for extension. God knows what rule comes tomorrow.
2. While deciding the POE, decide which one has most number of PR landing experience, that way you interact with more educated officers. Don't take any unusual airport or land border. Your job may be done but the officers might give you a hard time.
3. It all depends on officer. I've read few threads where officers were not nice but we got lucky here. Yes, we were nervous but at the same time we prepared for all the scenarios and outcomes.

Thank you for all the help this forum has provided. Good luck.