Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Congrats. You mentioned you have a valid visa from previous employer. Is your current H1B approved or under processing? I am in a similar situation and my current H1 is under processing. I am wondering when I cross back into U.S, if they will allow me in using my unexpired H1 stamp from my previous employer and I797 receipt notice.
Soft Landing @ Peace Bridge Sep 9 and return the same day to US using AVR.

After taking “Canada only” exit, Reached Canadaian Checkpost. Canada Officer was polite and asked for the purpose of visit and checked my COPR and asked me to go into the stone building.

The first officer checked my, proof of funds, COPR And have me signed it. Asked me when am I coming back to Canada permanently. I said I’m planning very soon around end of the year.

the second officer checked my GTF and I did not fill the GTF with detailed description and so she asked me to fill it out again. It took me about 30 minutes in that counter and then proceeded to the third counter where they gave the receipt for GTF. I asked them where to take the U turn to US.
The officer was generous, he came out and pointed me the U turn to US.

US CBP:
Took my passport and i797 and asked my nationality and where do I live in US. After 10 minutes, said good to go.

overall it was a pretty good experience at peace bridge. Happy to answer questions.

mnsan81

Feb 28, 2021
Hi All,

Please help me on below questions : I am planning to cross Peace Bridge in 3rd week of May 2021.

1. PCR test is required for soft landing or come back on same day to USA?
2. Quarantine plan is required if i plan to return on same day?
3. PCR test is required while coming back from canada to usa by land in peace bridge?
4. can i travel on Saturday for COPR verification?
4. document checklist for COPR verification by land travel

Thanks in advance!
Thanks.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Hi all can someone please list down the checklist you used while attempting soft landing? I am going to attempt in 2 days

for cbsa:
Bank statements, passports, copr, marriage ceritificates
for cbp:
i797, i94, visa documents what else?

My wife's current h4 visa stamp expires in september so is her i94, but that visa stamp is of my previous employer. my new employer is yet to file h4 extension for her. I think it should be fine, please share your thoughts. TIA

mnsan81

Feb 28, 2021
Hi all can someone please list down the checklist you used while attempting soft landing? I am going to attempt in 2 days

for cbsa:
for cbp:

My wife's current h4 visa stamp expires in september so is her i94, but that visa stamp is of my previous employer. my new employer is yet to file h4 extension for her. I think it should be fine, please share your thoughts. TIA
@sowsiv , Please share your landing experience even i am planning next week.

Thanks.

Gpsthind

May 8, 2021

for cbsa:
for cbp:

It's good to carry "Goods to follow" list as well.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Yesterday i called cbp just for verifying that our visa status is okay to come back, sorry to write it again as u might already be annoyed because of me repeating same stuff.
both of our i94 are valid.
me - visa stamp from old employer until september but with new i797 until next year.
wife - visa stamp until september.
so technically i have a new i94 on my i797 and whatever i94 i download from internet for my wife.

1. The officer was telling that as canada is refusing you to enter and i am returning back, he cant extend the i94/ give a new one. i didnt understand this at all.
2. One of my friend was telling that sometimes the officer could backdate the i94 like in my case even though i have i797 until next year, because i am returning on this old visa stamp valid until september, can the officer make my i94 to be valid only until september. Can this happen?

Thanks in advance