+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - 17th Jan 2019 - Flagpoling - Lewiston Bridge - Took just 20 mins to become a PR

fasu92

Sep 21, 2017
Quick question, do I need to have a valid Canadian visa to flagpole? Mine expired on the same day as my PGWP (May 30, 2019) and I have only applied to renew my BOWP, not the visa so my status is implied right now (but I have sent my passport to Ottawa). I have a valid US visa but my Canadian visa has expired.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Quick question, do I need to have a valid Canadian visa to flagpole? Mine expired on the same day as my PGWP (May 30, 2019) and I have only applied to renew my BOWP, not the visa so my status is implied right now (but I have sent my passport to Ottawa). I have a valid US visa but my Canadian visa has expired.
When you get a CoPR and your passport is returned, you get a one-entry visa (pasted on your passport).
You exit Canada, go to US side, do the flagpole (US visa not required) and re-enter Canada with that one-time entry visa

Indian1234

May 22, 2019
Completed my Landing on Thousand Islands Bridge on last Saturday, no quota and no issues. It was quite smooth the whole process took around 40-45 minutes as there were couple of other guys ahead of me in queue.

deeptheexplorer

May 11, 2019
Hi, I am looking to flagpole sometime next week. Is there anyone who would be interested in carpooling with me? I would be traveling from Toronto and I don't have access to the car.

I have one more question to you guys. I am in touch with a private cab owner who is willing to drive me up to the Lewiston bridge but he is not ready to leave Canada and cross over to the US border. Is there a way he can drop off right next to US border and we can walk and complete the formalities from there on? @myra20sharma

Akshay9

Sep 9, 2018
Hi, I am looking to flagpole sometime next week. Is there anyone who would be interested in carpooling with me? I would be traveling from Toronto and I don't have access to the car.

I have one more question to you guys. I am in touch with a private cab owner who is willing to drive me up to the Lewiston bridge but he is not ready to leave Canada and cross over to the US border. Is there a way he can drop off right next to US border and we can walk and complete the formalities from there on? @myra20sharma
I have completed my landing in Lewinston bridge last week and I don’t think you have option to cross the border their by walk.

I guess only in Rainbow bridge,you can cross the border by walk .

I would recommend to go there by 7.30 in the morning and complete the landing otherwise they don’t take more applications and ask you try some other bridge or next day or try after sometime..so go early and complete the landing...

All the best..

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
COPR? How to receive it? When I should receive that? I’m not sure if I have it or not
I’m inland applicant I’m think to flagpole for family emergency I have to get PR card ASAP to travel after that

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm going there straight after work at 5pm so I should get there by 7:45ish pm.

I was wondering if i can pay by credit/ debit? I only have $15 cash on me.

Also, i dont have car. and as im going straight from work, i'll have my work laptop with me.

Any suggesions/ problems i may encounter with my description above? :)

Thanks!

fasu92

Sep 21, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm going there straight after work at 5pm so I should get there by 7:45ish pm.

I was wondering if i can pay by credit/ debit? I only have $15 cash on me.

Also, i dont have car. and as im going straight from work, i'll have my work laptop with me.

Any suggesions/ problems i may encounter with my description above? :)

Thanks!
If you don't have a car then your option is Rainbow bridge by walking. I've done it before to get my PGWP and it was surprisingly quick. Not sure how it works for COPR. I just got my document literally just now and I'm thinking of going straight to Niagara Falls tonight lol (from Toronto here). I wanna get there at like 6.30 am in the morning just so they can't use the excuse that 'we're done for the day' to me. But I'm also worried tomorrow is the 4th of July so it will get busy.

Reactions: asd1985

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017

Hey, I am in the same spot (Toronto)..
let me know if we figure something out for carpooling, and I'll join !

Best,
Anir

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
If you don't have a car then your option is Rainbow bridge by walking. I've done it before to get my PGWP and it was surprisingly quick. Not sure how it works for COPR. I just got my document literally just now and I'm thinking of going straight to Niagara Falls tonight lol (from Toronto here). I wanna get there at like 6.30 am in the morning just so they can't use the excuse that 'we're done for the day' to me. But I'm also worried tomorrow is the 4th of July so it will get busy.
Hi man, they do the WP, CoPR etc. related work from 8 am to mid night. So i hope you're reading this before you leave! I skipped going there last evening. I'm leaving here in 45 minutes via Go train (with a go bus connection). :)

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi man, they do the WP, CoPR etc. related work from 8 am to mid night. So i hope you're reading this before you leave! I skipped going there last evening. I'm leaving here in 45 minutes via Go train (with a go bus connection). :)
Hey, thanks for the info..

Do let me know how goes your landing experience..all the best!

fasu92

Sep 21, 2017
Went to Rainbow Bridge today, I arrived at 7 am and there was already 10-15 people ahead of me, one group was sleeping inside the US-Canada border since 1 am. There were many of us in the lineup at the end. The officers were very rude, condescending, and inconsiderate. They told us after we waited for more than an hour that they will only process 10 applications for the day and chose the first 10 that was in line (which was by no means decided by arrival time since flagpole doc doesn't have a time stamp so it's really who's luck it is to be standing in front while everyone was waiting). They told us to go to other borders and sent us away. They could have just told us when we were waiting in the middle of the heat that they were going to process just 10, yet they didn't and made us wait for an hour. Better yet, should have wrote on their website that they don't process more than 10 a day and it's really luck.

I will be writing to my MP about this experience and to any relevant authorities.

Anyone who's carpooling from Toronto, my suggestion is to go to Landsdowne (1000 Islands), they have both pedestrian (only during daylight) and vehicle passage to USA so you can flagpole there. It's also available 24/7 and it's only an extra hour of drive back and forth (as opposed to Niagara).

Reactions: AshlynJ

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
oh man what a waste!

Returning home empty handed. The 4th of July fucked me up bigtime. There were too many people from USA crossing over to this side. What a waste of a day! Now, i'll apply online.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Went to Rainbow Bridge today, I arrived at 7 am and there was already 10-15 people ahead of me, one group was sleeping inside the US-Canada border since 1 am. There were many of us in the lineup at the end. The officers were very rude, condescending, and inconsiderate. They told us after we waited for more than an hour that they will only process 10 applications for the day and chose the first 10 that was in line (which was by no means decided by arrival time since flagpole doc doesn't have a time stamp so it's really who's luck it is to be standing in front while everyone was waiting). They told us to go to other borders and sent us away. They could have just told us when we were waiting in the middle of the heat that they were going to process just 10, yet they didn't and made us wait for an hour. Better yet, should have wrote on their website that they don't process more than 10 a day and it's really luck.

I will be writing to my MP about this experience and to any relevant authorities.

Anyone who's carpooling from Toronto, my suggestion is to go to Landsdowne (1000 Islands), they have both pedestrian (only during daylight) and vehicle passage to USA so you can flagpole there. It's also available 24/7 and it's only an extra hour of drive back and forth (as opposed to Niagara).
:rolleyes:See my experience in page 9 #122, almost the same shitt