+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - 17th Jan 2019 - Flagpoling - Lewiston Bridge - Took just 20 mins to become a PR

Immizu

Aug 1, 2019
Any idea after how many days they send the Pr card ???

I guess currently the processing time is 12 days, but I am expecting to receive this week. Usually people who did landing on July 15,2019 got their PR cards by August 2nd,2019.

Thanks

DesdemonaBob

Sep 4, 2017
Burlington
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot for all this information. We received our confirmation and we're planning to go to Queenston-Lewiston Bridge tomorrow morning.
One of the comments I saw said that they keep your passport. Is that the process? We have a trip planned in October, not sure, probably we will need to mention that when we do the landing.

Can you confirm if this is the process, and how long takes to get the passports back?

Thanks,

Paola

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot for all this information. We received our confirmation and we're planning to go to Queenston-Lewiston Bridge tomorrow morning.
One of the comments I saw said that they keep your passport. Is that the process? We have a trip planned in October, not sure, probably we will need to mention that when we do the landing.

Can you confirm if this is the process, and how long takes to get the passports back?

Thanks,

Paola
I did my landing Saturday in blue water bridge, sarnia. I also have a planned trip in october but the officer told me that the pr card needs 10 weeks. I told them that on the website it is 12 days but they were insisting that it is 10 weeks. The issue is that if you did the landing, you will not be able to enter canada again except if you have your pr card. Otherwise you will need a visa. If anyone from the people that already did landing before can confirm how much time it took?

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Hi everyone!

Thanks,

Paola
No, Q-L bridge officers don't take your passport, they will ask you to park in a specific place, wait and then issue you the flag pole paper to go back Canada border.

DesdemonaBob

Sep 4, 2017
Burlington
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
I did my landing Saturday in blue water bridge, sarnia. I also have a planned trip in october but the officer told me that the pr card needs 10 weeks. I told them that on the website it is 12 days but they were insisting that it is 10 weeks. The issue is that if you did the landing, you will not be able to enter canada again except if you have your pr card. Otherwise you will need a visa. If anyone from the people that already did landing before can confirm how much time it took?
Thank you very much!! I will check that then

Reactions: Iyan123

Jamesmontrea

Sep 8, 2019
Hello everyone!

I did my landing around 20th of August at Queenston-Lewiston, but I am still waiting for the PR card, it’s been more than 2 weeks now.

Anyone who did landing around the same time(recently) at the QL port of entry already received the PR card? Could you please share the dates of landing and PR card receiving.

Thank you

Immizu

Aug 1, 2019
Hello everyone!

I did my landing around 20th of August at Queenston-Lewiston, but I am still waiting for the PR card, it’s been more than 2 weeks now.

Anyone who did landing around the same time(recently) at the QL port of entry already received the PR card? Could you please share the dates of landing and PR card receiving.

Thank you
Still waiting, though the card is mailed on 22nd August.

miguelomaniac

Apr 5, 2019
Hi guys! I am currently waiting for my passport to come back from Ottawa.

I have a question about the flagpoling. I am currently on implied status (have applied for a BOWP) and my wife has her PGWP. My concern is if we need a canadian tourist visa or eTa for doing the flagpoling, because my visa (not the permit) is going to expire in a week and my wife's visa (not permit) expired in July. So I don't know if we need this to be allowed entry in Canada just for the flagpoling.

Thank you for any insights.

Immizu

Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys! I am currently waiting for my passport to come back from Ottawa.

I have a question about the flagpoling. I am currently on implied status (have applied for a BOWP) and my wife has her PGWP. My concern is if we need a canadian tourist visa or eTa for doing the flagpoling, because my visa (not the permit) is going to expire in a week and my wife's visa (not permit) expired in July. So I don't know if we need this to be allowed entry in Canada just for the flagpoling.

Thank you for any insights.
No you need the visa for flagpole. You are now on implied status which is fine.

Thanks

Immizu

Aug 1, 2019
Finally received my PR card today. Best of luck all the people who are waiting and Congratulations to the one who become Permanent Residents.

Take Care

Kovurs

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
20-Feb-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
13-Mar-2015 (email from WVO)
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
20-Feb-2015 (NDVO to WVO)
Med's Request
13-May-2015
Med's Done....
28-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Nov 2015
Hi there,

I need help for my questions below. My friend's wife has study permit and just landed in Canada. Her husband has Canadian visitor visa.
In order to obtain Open WP for him,

1. Can he do flag poling?
2. Is it necessary that his wife should also be present?
3. If PoE near Niagara is not recommended, can they try any border listed in this website (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canada–United_States_border_crossings)? or is it specific to bridges in Niagara?
4. What are the documents required?
5. Any other suggestions based on your experience?

Any info/exp is highly appreciated. Many thanks.

Man111993

May 8, 2019
Hello everyone... is anyone planning to do flagpole next week at rainbow bridge ?? I don't have a car
I live in kitchener ...
thanks ...

Mkmaan

Apr 28, 2017
Hi All!

All the best if you are still waiting for PPR and Congratulations if you have received yours.

I received my passport on 15th January and decided to do landing by scheduling a landing interview, but by looking at the timelines it was taking approximately 2 weeks from requesting to 'schedule an interview' to the actual schedule date. So, to curtail that timing, I and my dependent decided to flagpole on 17th Jan. We drove to Lewiston Bridge (Niagara-on-the-Lakes) and reached around 2:00 PM, we reached the US bridge. The US officer asked us "What is the purpose of travel?". We said "We want to flagpole to confirm our PR for Canada". She asked us for our passports, did something on her computer and asked us to drive to another officer just 80 meters away from our car and get the flagpole document. We drove there (didn't get out of the car even once), he gave us a paper saying reason to enter - 'FLAGPOLE'. This in total took just 6-7 minutes. We took that and took a U-turn towards Canada's border. There again we were stopped at the checkpoint and the Canadian officer asked, "when did you go to US?" and took our passports. We answered, "Few minutes ago.". She asked all sorts of questions, "do you have any duty free stuff?", "any groceries?", "any alcohol or cannabis?" etc. This must be a standard procedure. To all these questions, our answer was NO. She then returned our passports with a yellow paper and asked us to park and go to Canada Immigration office just 50 meters from the checkpoint.

We went inside and there was just one guy in waiting area. We went to counter and told the officer that we are here for our landing and the officer asked for our yellow document, flagpole document and of course passports (not the COPR documents, yet) and asked us to wait. In next 2-3 minutes another officer called us and took our COPRs. He asked us to put our address and phone number and made us sign our respective COPR and asked us to wait. He called us again after a minute and congratulated us on becoming Canadian PR. Stapled our copy of COPR and gave some standard instructions about "not leaving the country" etc. He asked for our WPs and shredded them, as they were no longer valid.

This entire process, excluding the drive from Toronto to Lewiston bridge LOL, took 20 minutes max. We became PR, after such a long wait (from AOR till yesterday).

PS - We didn't have a US visa at all. :)

Hope this would be helpful for you all!

Thanks!