+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - 17th Jan 2019 - Flagpoling - Lewiston Bridge - Took just 20 mins to become a PR

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
When I did mine, everyone told me to not go to rainbow or peace, as they are always busy and people are sent back due to already having applications to flagpole. So I went to Lewiston, that is also Niagara, and I was done in 20 something minutes.
Will try to find out how to get there then. Thanks :)

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
Please help. When i do flag pole and come to Canada using Queenston-Lewiston bridge if Officer says come after 3-5 hours what to be done ?

Do i need to enter US and do again flag pole ? i never used this bridge?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Please help. When i do flag pole and come to Canada using Queenston-Lewiston bridge if Officer says come after 3-5 hours what to be done ?

Do i need to enter US and do again flag pole ? i never used this bridge?
Why would the officer say that? Even if he does, there is a big waiting lounge (canada side only). You can sit there and wait.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about flag poling from Canada to activate PR. I have my CoPR but I don't want to wait for a inland landing appointment. I know it takes more than 2 weeks for them to even get back to you and another couple weeks to get an appointment. I have travel plans coming up soon so I have to get my PR card before leaving the country.

I also don't have a car and I live in Ontario (close to Toronto). So I'm wondering

1) Can we do flag poling by foot ?
2) If so, which border/port is the best for this?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about flag poling from Canada to activate PR. I have my CoPR but I don't want to wait for a inland landing appointment. I know it takes more than 2 weeks for them to even get back to you and another couple weeks to get an appointment. I have travel plans coming up soon so I have to get my PR card before leaving the country.

I also don't have a car and I live in Ontario (close to Toronto). So I'm wondering

1) Can we do flag poling by foot ?
2) If so, which border/port is the best for this?
Where do you intend to flagpole, niagara region only? If yes, read this May 3, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Favnia

Mar 18, 2019
Went to Niagara today. No luck with landing. Be careful - the cbsa agents are extremely racist and rude at Rainbow bridge. The guy who went ahead of me was tearing up after the conversation with the officer. Very unpleasant experience.
They didn't allow anyone to land even though i arrived at 7:30 am. I completed the flagpoling, received the flagpoling paper at the US side where they made sure that we hear that we (flagpolers) have 0 priority to them. Then i went to the canadian border with a couple of other flagpolers. All of us got denied the entrance at the Canadian side. They said to try around 3 o'clock, but i couldn't wait.
Tried to do it at Lewiston Bridge at around 9 o'clock - got denied there as well. They said to the same thing - it could open randomly during the day but they don't know when.

So it's a 50/50 chance. Be careful! Wasted a day which kinda sucks but oh well. Will get it inland eventually.

Last edited:

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Went to Niagara today. No luck with landing. Be careful - the cbsa agents are extremely racist and rude at Rainbow bridge. The guy who went ahead of me was tearing up after the conversation with the officer. Very unpleasant experience.
They didn't allow anyone to land even though i arrived at 7:30 am. I completed the flagpoling, received the flagpoling paper at the US side where they made sure that we hear that we (flagpolers) have 0 priority to them. Then i went to the canadian border with a couple of other flagpolers. All of us got denied the entrance at the Canadian side. They said to try around 3 o'clock, but i couldn't wait.
Tried to do it at Lewiston Bridge at around 9 o'clock - got denied there as well. They said to the same thing - it could open randomly during the day but they don't know when.

So it's a 50/50 chance. Be careful! Wasted a day which kinda sucks but oh well. Will get it inland eventually.
:eek::eek: That sucks!!! Sorry to hear that..

Reactions: Favnia

Favnia

Mar 18, 2019
:eek::eek: That sucks!!! Sorry to hear that..
Thank you :) it doesn't matter, i already received copr so I'll just have to wait. It was more upsetting for me to see how they treat people.. It was kinda shocking actually.
So I'd rather warn people on the forum that it can go either way. It's up to the cbsa agents. They don't follow the policies on the site, they do as they please. One day they accept another they don't.

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Thank you :) it doesn't matter, i already received copr so I'll just have to wait. It was more upsetting for me to see how they treat people.. It was kinda shocking actually.
So I'd rather warn people on the forum that it can go either way. It's up to the cbsa agents. They don't follow the policies on the site, they do as they please. One day they accept another they don't.
I am sorry, I hope you get it done soon.
So each day they randomly choose which time of the day to process the landing ? Do you recommend calling 1 day ahead to avoid waiting at the border for future landing ?

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Thanks for the warning though

Favnia

Mar 18, 2019
I am sorry, I hope you get it done soon.
So each day they randomly choose which time of the day to process the landing ? Do you recommend calling 1 day ahead to avoid waiting at the border for future landing ?
They gave me this number and said to call but not sure if it's useful or not: (905)354675
But give it a shot :)

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
They gave me this number and said to call but not sure if it's useful or not: (905)354675
But give it a shot :)
What is the number for? To call them and see if they are pleased to receive flagpolers??