+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - 17th Jan 2019 - Flagpoling - Lewiston Bridge - Took just 20 mins to become a PR

Oct 30, 2018
Did it work out for you? Were you able to complete flagpole?
Yes i did!

It was a bit confused at first because i couldn't find the pedestrian sidewalk lol (it was on the other side of the road). I was wandering around and some CBSA came and helped...

The US agent was nice and made everything easy. I went there around 7:30 AM so there weren't much people . The whole process took about 30 mins i would say ( 10 mins of walking of course)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes i did!

It was a bit confused at first because i couldn't find the pedestrian sidewalk lol (it was on the other side of the road). I was wandering around and some CBSA came and helped...

The US agent was nice and made everything easy. I went there around 7:30 AM so there weren't much people . The whole process took about 30 mins i would say ( 10 mins of walking of course)
Hey! I am glad it worked out well for you! :) :)

Congratulations!! :D

hari_1819

Jul 5, 2017
Hi all, Need your inputs for flagpoling at Niagara falls Rainbow bridge.
Can we go to Niagara falls station through VIA rail and then walk from the station to CBSA border office on Canada side to do flagpole? will they allow us to walk to CBSA office?

shiv1988

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Yes i did!

Hi, congratulations on your PR.. I would like to know if you have walked down the bridge, if yes which one was it .. I don’t drive so I am trying to understand if we can walk down the Lewiston bridge or not ..

Thanks ..

vbedi

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi, congratulations on your PR.. I would like to know if you have walked down the bridge, if yes which one was it .. I don’t drive so I am trying to understand if we can walk down the Lewiston bridge or not ..

Thanks ..
You cannot walk over the Queenston-Lewiston bridge , only drive. If you need to walk go to the Rainbow bridge at the falls .

I did the drive yesterday to the Lewiston bridge, it was smooth sailing and got my PR stamped in under 30 mins around 7 PM in the evening. Got the bridge using the number someone provided in this forum confirmed that they were accepting flagpoles and just drove over from Kitchener area .

thaitran26291

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hello, Fella

the tracking from Canada Post showed that Ottawa Office has recieved my package ( passport, 2 photos, Annex A and pre-paid Xexpress envelope). My question is that how long does it take officers to finish this step up and send back my passport ?

Thank you in advance

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello, Fella

the tracking from Canada Post showed that Ottawa Office has recieved my package ( passport, 2 photos, Annex A and pre-paid Xexpress envelope). My question is that how long does it take officers to finish this step up and send back my passport ?

Thank you in advance
After reaching the Ottawa office, it took 5 days for my application to say "Approved" online and another 3 days(2 being weekend) to get my passport back. I am in Toronto.

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Hello, Fella

Thank you in advance
You can use this from other people info to estimate your passport processing time: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker
But usually it is between 3-10 days to be approved, then another 2-3 days for shipping.

livinmanniac

Jun 6, 2018
Hello, Fella

Thank you in advance
Hey!
Passport sent-10Apr
Received-11Apr
Approved-12Apr
Received passport back today-17Apr

Reactions: madscientist11

livinmanniac

Jun 6, 2018
Hi All!

All the best if you are still waiting for PPR and Congratulations if you have received yours.

I received my passport on 15th January and decided to do landing by scheduling a landing interview, but by looking at the timelines it was taking approximately 2 weeks from requesting to 'schedule an interview' to the actual schedule date. So, to curtail that timing, I and my dependent decided to flagpole on 17th Jan. We drove to Lewiston Bridge (Niagara-on-the-Lakes) and reached around 2:00 PM, we reached the US bridge. The US officer asked us "What is the purpose of travel?". We said "We want to flagpole to confirm our PR for Canada". She asked us for our passports, did something on her computer and asked us to drive to another officer just 80 meters away from our car and get the flagpole document. We drove there (didn't get out of the car even once), he gave us a paper saying reason to enter - 'FLAGPOLE'. This in total took just 6-7 minutes. We took that and took a U-turn towards Canada's border. There again we were stopped at the checkpoint and the Canadian officer asked, "when did you go to US?" and took our passports. We answered, "Few minutes ago.". She asked all sorts of questions, "do you have any duty free stuff?", "any groceries?", "any alcohol or cannabis?" etc. This must be a standard procedure. To all these questions, our answer was NO. She then returned our passports with a yellow paper and asked us to park and go to Canada Immigration office just 50 meters from the checkpoint.

We went inside and there was just one guy in waiting area. We went to counter and told the officer that we are here for our landing and the officer asked for our yellow document, flagpole document and of course passports (not the COPR documents, yet) and asked us to wait. In next 2-3 minutes another officer called us and took our COPRs. He asked us to put our address and phone number and made us sign our respective COPR and asked us to wait. He called us again after a minute and congratulated us on becoming Canadian PR. Stapled our copy of COPR and gave some standard instructions about "not leaving the country" etc. He asked for our WPs and shredded them, as they were no longer valid.

This entire process, excluding the drive from Toronto to Lewiston bridge LOL, took 20 minutes max. We became PR, after such a long wait (from AOR till yesterday).

PS - We didn't have a US visa at all. :)

Hope this would be helpful for you all!

Thanks!
Thanks for posting your experience. I’ll be doing this next week.

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Received my PPR mail today. What do I need to now ? I am in new Delhi, India. Do I need to write them a mail to Ottawa requesting a transfer of visa stamping office to new Delhi ?

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
After reaching the Ottawa office, it took 5 days for my application to say "Approved" online and another 3 days(2 being weekend) to get my passport back. I am in Toronto.
Hello there,
My passport is still valid for 6 and half months, in case i get my PPR next week, will my passport qualify to be sent to Ottawa? or i need to renew it? please advice.. THANK YOU

Reactions: thaitran26291